***** SPONSORED BY MICAH HOUSE MEDIA: THE LOOMING STORM (ARC) BY DIANE AND DAVID MUNSON - 20 PAPERBACKS (US ONLY) - ADDRESSES SENT 8.16.16

Sponsored by Micah House Media   #ad

ABOUT THE BOOK (323 pages):

Tomorrow’s headlines leap from the pages of The Looming Storm when Federal Agent Eva Montanna uncovers a menacing threat to harm Eva and her family. When daughter Kaley travels to Eastern Europe on a class trip, Eva’s Christian faith is challenged, and their lives are altered in the blink of an eye. Tensions skyrocket as Eva and Griff Topping, her FBI partner, use every trick to infiltrate a band of Florida smugglers. The agents are shocked when their undercover charade reveals the criminals have sinister plans for America. Secrets are shredded in the Munson’s tenth ‘stand alone’ thriller, as this spousal duo rips the veil from a labyrinth of covert criminal enterprises.

ABOUT THE AUTHORS:

When a millionaire drug-dealer wrote a memoir that became a movie staring Johnny Depp, Diane Munson decided the good guys wearing white hats should be the ones to write memoirs. A former Federal prosecutor, she knew the back story. She asked David, a former undercover DEA Special Agent, to join her in writing about David’s arrest of Johnny Depp’s character in Chicago and other criminals in what the Munsons call ‘factional fiction’. Now, this husband and wife weave the thrills of back alley deals and major courtroom drama into international suspense novels. Diane Munson is an attorney of more than thirty years who transitioned from writing briefs for judges to writing inspiring fiction for readers. David Munson was a Special Agent with the NCIS and with the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA). As an undercover agent, he infiltrated international drug smuggling organizations. Diane and David have co-authored together eight suspense thrillers: Facing Justice, Confirming Justice, The Camelot Conspiracy, Hero’s Ransom, Redeeming Liberty, The Joshua Covenant, Stolen Legacy, Embers of Courage and Night Flight, their thriller for young adults.

PAPERBACKS  PAPERBACKS
Deana Dick Penny Marks
Kim Napier Diane Higgins
Robbi Bourne Jacqueline Robertson
Joan Arning Paulette Thomas
Donna McGinnis Mary Hake
Paula Young Anne Rightler
Vickie Jameson Connie Saunders
Barbara Jo Gill Pam Graber
Mary Arndt Julie Barrett
Gee Dixon Trish Hedrick

Views: 329

Replies to This Discussion

Frightening may have been the wrong word for me to use!  I know God is in control but find our government today to be rather scary!

This is another very suspenseful thriller from the author team of Diane & David Munson!  Every reader who loves true-to-life suspense will be completely enthralled with this story.  It involves flights to Cuba, cigar smuggling, Russian spies, attempted abduction, and so much more.

In this story, Eva Montanna, an ICE agent and mother of three married to a press secretary from the Senate, and Griff Topping, an FBI agent and Eva’s partner, became involved with the smuggling of cigars out of Cuba, but ended up breaking up a Russian spy ring working in the United States.  Their undercover tricks and techniques revealed shocking activities.  The authors provided multiple tense, dramatic moments for their readers throughout this story.  They also showed how faith in God brings about a steadiness in the most dangerous situations. 

I received this free book from Book Club Network in exchange for my honest review that is also posted on Goodreads and Barnes and Noble websites.

“The Looming Storm,” by Diane/David Munson is an FBI mystery. The story contains travel, suspense and family. I found it to be a nice mixture!

Eva Montanna is a high powered ICE agent, has a spouse, and three kids. Despite the high pressures of her job, she cooks healthy meals for her family on pretty much a daily basis. While being in the midst of a case involving the smuggling of Cuban cigars, going undercover to work her case, she still makes time to make her family feel loved and cherished.

I enjoyed Kaley, Eva’s daughter. Kaley was traveling with classmates on a school trip to Poland, where her peers get captured by Russian soldiers. Kaley managed to find a place to hide, and texts home begging for help. Somehow the Cuban cigar smuggling becomes intermingled with Russian spies, but that is all that I can say without giving too much away!

Munson’s have written a story that makes family a high priority, the faith in God is strong and the encouragement the parents give to their children is inspiring. I liked some of the undercover techniques that were used to get information that was needed. I also liked that when Eva didn’t have all the answers for her daughter she took her to someone that would have answers, seeking wisdom is wise!

I received this free book from Book Club Network in exchange for my honest review. This review is posted at Amazon, Goodreads, and Facebook. It was not available at DeeperShopping or CBD.

“The Looming Storm” by Diane and David Munson was an excellent read!  This story had me hooked the whole way through.  I had a hard time putting the novel down.  I felt like I was living the characters lives!

This story follows Federal Agent, Eva Montanna and her family.  Her daughter, Kaley and her classmates, are going on a trip to Eastern Europe.  This starts the tension and drama in the book.  Eva and her partner, Griff, are trying to uncover some Florida smugglers.  They find out that the smugglers are doing more than bringing in Cuban cigars!  This book has so much action and tension.  All of he action comes together at the end!  There is also a huge twist at the end.

I would definitely recommend this book if you like good, clean, suspense novels.  This was the first book I’ve read by the Munson’s, but it won’t be my last.

I received this book from bookfun for my honest opinion.

I posted reviews on: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Goodreads.

We've been told that all twenty copies went out, but we have no way of knowing if they were delivered. We've seen seven reviews so, we know that at least seven got delivered. We hope people will give a shout if they didn't get their copy.

I wanted to read it right away since I have enjoyed all your books I've read and reviewed in the past, but I took on so many books to help out TCBN plus others I review for. I try to do them in the order received unless there's a deadline to post. I'm just finishing this book and will try to review today. Thanks!

Jump into the fray as federal agents try to sort out and solve various crimes, which may involve smuggling and even espionage. Their families play a part too in this compelling story set mostly around DC and the Florida Keys. Eva Montanna again has a starring role in this exciting novel, which can stand alone. But you will want to read others by the Munsons if you enjoy (clean) thrillers. This book had a slower pace than some, but the tension mounts as the tangled details unravel. The characters seem real and make you care about them. You also get a peek behind the scenes in a federal investigation and the FBI, etc. The authentic story reads like it’s taken from breaking news. I was given the book by Book Fun (The Book Club Network), and this is my honest review.

Posted on FB, Amazon, BAM. Couldn't find it on CBD with your others.

The Looming Storm by Diane and David Munson is an action-packed suspense thriller. Never having read anything from the Munsons before, I didn't quite know what to expect and was pleasantly surprised at this story that is totally believable and definitely an edge of the seat kind of book. There are a couple of story lines running throughout which help to give insight into how federal agents have to coordinate their home and work lives. Smuggling cigars, spies from Russia and students on a trip to Poland when their boat is hijacked keep Eva (ICE agent) and Griff (FBI agent) on their toes, trying to sort it all out. Are Russian spied being into the States from Cuba? Is Russia on the move for some kind of showdown or is it all just about smuggling Cuban cigars. The agents are working on a case that has "more twists and turns than a roller coaster." The authors, ex-Feds themselves bring a credible story that is as it is advertised--a high velocity suspense. I'll be checking out their other books!
I received a complimentary copy of this book from Book Club network. A favorable review was not required and opinions are my own.
I have posted reviews on the following sites: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Deepershopping, Christian Book, Booksamillion, FamilyChristian, Kobobooks, LibraryThing, GoodReads and NetGalley, if available.

If it's not too late, I'd love to read and review this book

I loved this book. Once I opened the cover I had a hard time closing it again. 

Eva Montanna, a federal agent for ICE, discovers something that could harm her family. She warns her daughter to be careful when she leaves on a class trip to Poland. Of course, the daughter finds danger and needs to be rescued. The action that follows through this book is wonderful. It never feels like it is just jumping from one event to another. Everything is tied up together so nicely. Plus the family places their faith and love of God before everything they do. 

I want to just say Wow! I have not read other books by these authors but I will now.  Books that take my breath away and make me want to pray for the characters are the ones that I love the most. 

Thank you Munsons, Micah House and The Book Club Network for allowing me to read and review this book in exchange for a copy of it. 

This has also been posted on Amazon, Goodreads, http://ksnapier.blogspot.com/2016/11/book-review-looming-storm.html

The Looming Storm by Diane/David Munson is an intriguing novel fill with suspense and adventure.  The read keeps you on the edge of your seat wondering what adventure hides behind the next door.  I did get a little lost at times with the language of our nation’s capital but not enough that my interest was deterred from the storyline. I loved how faith and being a Christian is woven throughout the book.    I would definitely read another novel by these authors.    I received a copy from the author and publisher of The Book Club Network in exchange for an honest review.   I also posted reviews on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Goodreads.

Looming Storm by Diane and David Munson is a Christian thriller with fast-paced and page-turning action.  An amazingly good read.  Their novels are based upon cases from their positions as a former Federal Prosecutor and an NCIS and DEA Special Agent.  They have had the experiences and fact-based knowledge of what they write. 

In Looming Storm Federal Agent Eva Montanna is alerted to a dangerous threat to her and her family.  Her daughter’s school trip to Eastern Europe is threatened by Russian forces overtaking a ferry to Sweden.  God’s intervention forestalls a terrible tragedy.  Then Eva and her FBI partner infiltrate a smuggling ring in Florida and discover a link to Russian spies and Cuba.  Non-stop action and suspense and well-developed, authentic characters ensure a captivating story for all suspense and thriller fans.

The authors are new to me, although they have written ten novels.  I thoroughly enjoyed this book and am looking forward to reading the others.  I highly recommend this book which I received through TBCN in exchange for an honest review.  (posted on Amazon, Good Reads, Christian Books, Barnes & Noble, and Books-a-Million; not found on Christian Books)

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service