Mail-Order Refuge is FREE on Kindle this month. Get it now!! Link Above 

***** REVIEWS FOR SPOKEN FROM THE HEART: THE ADVENTURE CONTINUES BY CHERI SWALWELL - 20 PDFs (ALL) - ADDRESSES SENT 11.17.16

Sponsored by Spoken from the Heart   #ad

ABOUT THE BOOK (97 pages):

THE SEQUEL TO SFTH: JOURNEY FROM FEAR TO FAITH

***If you haven't read SFTH: Journey from Fear to Faith or SFTH: Embracing the Adventure, let me know and I will be happy to send you the PDF for the WHOLE SERIES in the month of November. 

When the trial in your life doesn’t end as quickly as you had hoped, do you continue to trust God, looking for blessings along the way, or… Do you grumble, complain and try to take back control, thinking it will make the adventure end faster?

The Adventure Continues invites you along for the third time as my family continues the road God is allowing us to travel. It’s my honest journey of wholeheartedly wanting God’s BEST for our life, yet still managing to take detours along the way, out of fear perhaps or maybe because completely giving up control is hard. Despite my imperfect reactions, I want to share with you the love a Father has for His children, trading my anger, lack of control and fear for His patience, grace, and most importantly, peace. I will also reveal to you the key I found to not just surviving the adventure, but thriving during the journey. Please join me again as I share with you how the adventure continues for us. Has God invited you to travel on your own personal adventure? I pray this book will be an encouragement as you embrace the journey."

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:

Cheri Swalwell is a Christ follower who thoroughly enjoys her calling to be a wife, mother, and writer, in that order. She enjoys writing regularly for Book Fun Magazine. Her book, Hope During Heartache, a compilation of 13 men and women’s stories told from their viewpoint about hope after the loss of a child, is available at Amazon in both paperback and eBook versions. Cheri is also a contributing author for the book, 31 Devotions for Writers. Her book series, Spoken from the Heart, is available through Amazon in eBook and paperback.

EBOOKS EBOOKS
Joan Nienhuis Gee Dixon
Deana Dick Debra Lindquist
Jeanie Dannheim Jacqueline Robertson
Pamela Lauer Nyla Kay Wilkerson
Patti Shene Penny Marks
Ramona McDavid Mary Hake
Becky C Shirley Strait
Lori Weller Carrie Gould
Cindy Regnier Julie Barrett

Views: 144

Replies to This Discussion

SFTH: Spoken from the Heart Journey by Cheri Swalwell
Have been wanting to read this series but didn't want to start in the middle.
Scripture quotations start each chapter out and they reflect what's inside the chapter.
Written with today's words and events.  Love real life in the stories and how they are exampled through the book.
Upbeat, uplifting and down to earth.
I was given the book by the author via Book Fun (The Book Club Network) and this is my honest review

Posted review: Goodreads, amazon, pinterest, librarything, barnes and noble,
My blog: jbarrett5.blogspot.com  linkedin, facebook, twitter,
Google, BookFun.org

Thank you so much, Julie, for your honest review.  So glad that it blessed you.  It's all Him - I'm just His secretary. 

In Him,

Cheri Swalwell

The adventure of life continues in this devotional written by Ms. Cheri Swalwell. This is a devotional for all ages. It is easy to read, yet it is packed with wonderful experiences from Ms. Swalwell.

“The Adventure Continues invites you for the third time as my family takes the next steps along the road God has given us to travel. It’s my honest journey of wholeheartedly wanting God’s BEST for our lives, while at the same time, still taking detours along the way - perhaps out of fear or maybe because giving up control completely is hard. Despite my imperfect reactions, I want to share with you the love God the Father has for His children. He traded my anger, lack of control, and my fear for His patience, grace, and most importantly, peace. I will also reveal the key I found to thrive during the journey, not just survive the adventure. Please join me again as I share with you how the adventure continues for us.” Exerpt taken from Amazon.com’s review of this book.

Other devotionals by Ms. Swalwell include:
A 40 Day Habit Between Friends Because They Need You (December, 2012)
Spoken from the Heart: Connections (July, 2014)
Spoken from the Heart: Blessed By His Love (November, 2014)
Spoken from the Heart: Embracing the Adventure (April, 2015)
Spoken from the Heart: Choosing Grace (March, 2016)

Thank you for the opportunity to read this book. I received a copy of this book from bookfun.org in exchange for an honest review.

Thank you so much, my friend!  Blessings to you and thanks for your part in helping to make the journey more fun!  :)

in Him,

Cheri :)

Once again Ms. Swalwell has touched my heart with her honest and forthright perspective on facing adversity while trusting in God's bigger plan. It's not easy. We're worriers and doers. Waiting on God is not what comes naturally, but when we do, oh the blessings we can experience. Cheri Swalwell uses examples from her own life to guide others along the path of walking through trials, our hand tucked securely in His. This is a go-to for anyone seeking encouragement as they navigate their own difficulties, learning to trust in the desert before reaching the Promised Land. Reviews are posted on amazon, barnes and noble and goodreads.

Thank you so much, Cindy, for the beautiful review.  I'm so glad I've had the chance to meet you through TBCN.

Blessings to you -

in Him,

I have read and blogged my review of this book: http://bit.ly/2i3sQRd

That blog posts to Facebook and Google+. I also placed reviews on Amazon, GoodReads, and Twitter. I did not find the book listed at CBD nor Deeper Shopping.

Here is the text of my blogged review:

Swalwell shares more of her continuing journey in this book of the Spoken From the Heart series. She invites us to learn from her struggles and God's answers during the adventure He chose for her family through the 36 devotions she includes.

She writes about facing loss of income, of changing her thinking from “I” to God, of looking for ways to bless others, and much more. She shares lessons about negative thinking (it insults God), listening to God and following what He instructs (even with some struggles), finding our calling and using the gifts God gives us, and more.

Many of the insights she shares come from sermons she has heard or articles she has read. She relates the truths to events in her life. Many of the devotions relate to her work situation, such as seeking the kind of job God wanted her to have and struggling in a new job.

This book is a good example of finding spiritual lessons in the events of life. Swalwell pays attention to what God is telling her through her life situation and that is a good lesson for all of us.

My rating: 4/5 stars.

Cheri Swalwell is a Christ follower who thoroughly enjoys her calling to be a wife, mother, and writer. She writes regularly for the Book Fun Magazine and is a contributing author for the book 31 Devotions for Writers. You can follow her blog at http://bit.ly/1gRp9oK.

About 97 pages, you can buy a copy here.

I received a complimentary digital copy of this book through The Book Club Network. My comments are an independent and honest review.

Thank you so much, Joan, for the wonderful review.  What a blessing I've had getting to know you through TBCN. 

blessings to you -

In Him,

The following review has been posted on: Goodreads, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, our Facebook and G+ accounts.

5 stars - have begun reading 'Embrace the Adventure'

Cheri Swalwell has written three devotional books which are part of a specific spiritual journey she and her family have been experiencing. This is third in the series; while it might be helpful if using them in order, I believe that readers can find much in each series of devotions that will resonate with where they are in their faith journey.

‘SFH: The Adventure Continues’ (SFH = Straight From the Heart), there are 36 daily readings. Each one begins with a scripture quote or quote from a noted Christian that applies to that reading. The reader can pray as applicable to his/ her needs. The ‘Adventure’ is from a sermon from the family’s pastor, who “invited the church body to embrace the adventure God had planned for us.” (A Note from Cheri) The author shares what the adventure has meant for herself and her family.

One thing I admire is that the author, her husband, and children are involved together in this adventure that is important to who they are as a family devoted to God and His will, and how He would have them serve as His children. What a tremendous testimony of God’s work in a family!

Another thing I admire is the author’s candor, her vulnerability. I can listen to someone who writes that “the feelings of worthlessness and failure continued”. (Day 1: What Does “I am a Failure” Really Say – Part 1) Being on my own adventure for quite some time, I am blessed by so many gems in this eBook. What the author has learned from her feelings is what is at the root of them and how to go beyond them to be who the Lord has prepared her to be. She has joy in the journey and sees blessings from the Lord daily. She has surrendered to obedience to the Lord, who has brought her to even greater blessings while showing her how to “use this adventure to bless others”. (Day 2: What Does “I am a Failure” Really Say – Part 2) She also shares in several places what it looks like to serve her first love (after God), her family members, as well as strangers or those she meets through work.

Is the author or her life perfect? Honestly, I wouldn’t review this if she were, would not have finished the book. The author is human, has the same feelings that most of us do at one time or another, and gives us examples of them. One of the most important keys (to this reader) is that she tells God her fears, frustrations, and other feelings, leans on Him and seeks His help and direction. Things this reader forgets to do when the noise gets loud.

This a must-read for anyone with changes (spiritual and others) in their journey that are difficult at times. It is for those who genuinely want to know the Lord better, the God who “loves spending time with me…and being chosen by the God of the Universe to spend time with is amazing.” (Day 7: Wrapping It Up…) It is for those who need reminding that the God who created them cares even about all the details, and how much God loves them. It is for those who feel they have failed, yet are willing to let the Lord pick them up, dust them off, and start again. For those willing to obey, “always with the confidence that He’ll supply all our needs”. (Day 22: Sowing and Reaping) I highly recommend this, knowing that this reader will not be perfect this side of heaven…but will have good company.

From a grateful heart: I was given this eBook by Book Fun (The Book Club Network) and here is my honest review.

Jeanie,

Your review touched me deeply.  I love "knowing that this reader will not be perfect this side of Heaven... but will have good company."  Oh to have a chance to sit and have a cup of coffee with you.  If you ever want to talk, I'm an email away.  :)  clSwalwell@gmail.com 

I love praying with people and come from the angle of having been there.  If you would ever like me to pray with you, it would be my pleasure. 

Thank you again for the beautiful review. 

in Him,

Cheri Swalwell

Author Cheri Swalwell blessed my New Year with her Spoken From the Heart series. Although written in daily devotional format, I read the second book, SFTH: Embracing the Adventure on New Year’s Eve Day and the last book, SFTH: The Adventure Continues on New Year’s Day. I had read the first book, Fear to Faith, several days prior.

The third book continues the personal story that Cherie shares about the challenges her family accepted when God sent them on an adventure. She describes in a forthright and honest manner the ups and downs of the journey, and what she learned. Cheri draws on scripture and quotes that hold particular meaning for her from sermons delivered in her church.

Spoken From The Heart: The Adventure Continues is an inspirational work that manifests God’s love for us and His desire to shape us into the best we can be. The author shares not only the rewards of seeking and following God’s will, but also the frustrations, anger, and disappointments she experienced along the way. Her personality as a Christ follower and encourager shines through on the pages of this book.

Whether you are struggling with difficult times or are working through the process of finding God’s will for your life, Cheri Swalwell’s series is sure to give you tips that will advance you on your personal journey.

This review is also posted on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Goodreads, Booksamillion, and my TBCN blog.

Thank you so much, Patti, for the beautiful review.  I had so  much fun with your on your radio show.  Thank you again for the privilege of getting to know you and spending that time with you. 

Blessings to you, my friend! 

in Him,

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service