***** REVIEWS FOR NORDSKOG PUBLISHING: THE WHITE KNIGHT, THE LOST KINGDOM, AND THE SEA PRINCESS BY JUDY CARLSON - 20 PAPERBACKS (US ONLY) - ADDRESSES SENT 11.18.16

Sponsored by Nordskog Publishing #ad

ABOUT THE BOOK (472 pages):

Prince Lael must prove his strength and loyalty when challenged by an insidious enemy. The tragic loss of loved ones will only fortify his resolve to fight for the freedom of the lost kingdom. Clara and Ian, two kids from Minnesota, will join the adventure to free a captive Sea Princess, battle evil, and overcome lurking temptations. They will meet the legendary White Knight and along the way gain wisdom, love, and friendships.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:

Judy Nelson Carlson grew up in St. Paul, Minnesota, and thus began her love affair with winter and a strong attachment to her Scandinavian roots. She received her B.A. in English from Trinity International University. Judy and her husband Tim reside in the Missouri Ozarks. They have six children and twenty grandchildren. Having a lifetime passion for literature and writing, at age nine she wrote her first story. Mrs. Carlson s particular love for the works of C.S. Lewis and George MacDonald have permeated this novel with their characteristic sense of wonder and longing. Her greatest desire is for all to know Who goes up to heaven and comes down? Tell me, what is His name and His Son s name, if you know, (Aryel, The White Knight).

PAPERBACKS PAPERBACKS
Helen Amy Smelser
Victoria Brinius Meagan Myhren-Bennett
Susan P Jojo Sutis
Kimberly Napier Nyla Kay Wilkerson
Becky Ashley Wintters
Lindsey Z Soleil Bourdon
Donna McGinnis Penny Marks
Lori Weller Mary Hake
Vickie Jameson Fred St. Laurent
Shannon Clark Carrie Gould

Views: 212

Replies to This Discussion

One look at this cover was enough to get me to begin reading this book. It looks like it should belong on a fairy tale. Then the title....wow! 

This beautiful book, by Judy Carlson, tells the story of Prince Lael. When faced by an enemy, who took his family, he has to show his loyalty and his strength. He is soon joined by two children, Clara and Ian. They are from Minnesota but they still want to help to free the Sea Princess and beat temptations. Through the story they come upon the White Knight and they gain many things.

This story is filled with adventure, evil, creatures, love and so many other things which make it a terrific, and fun read. I had such fun reading this that it was a book which was hard to put down.

This is a book for children and adults alike. I believe that there is something in it for everyone. 

I was given this book by bookfun.org and Nordskod Publishing in exchange for my honest review.  

This review can also be found at Amazon.com, Goodreads, Barnes and Noble, https://ksnapier475.wordpress.com/2016/12/19/book-review-the-white-...

and

http://ksnapier.blogspot.com/2016/12/book-review-white-knight-lost-...

My review was posted on my blog & Goodreads. :)

https://booksforchristiangirls.blogspot.com/2017/01/the-white-knigh...

The White Knight The Lost Kingdom & the Sea Princess is a story of a lost kingdom, a girl that was turned into a mermaid and the White Knight.
As young children Prince Lael and Estarianna are planned to be married. One day while the families are on a boat, Estarianna falls into the sea and is not seen again until years later when she arrives at the side of Prince Lael boat as a mermaid. Legend has it that if you look into the eyes of a mermaid you will be mesmerized by them and throw yourself into the sea. With this at the back of his mind, Lael tries not to be taken with her. But they are seen together and she throws herself back into the sea to get away.
Clara and Ian arrive at their grandparent's home in Minnesota. Clara has gone to the attic to look around as he mother had told her stories of the attic. Ian follows her up there and find a door. When he opens it they are both pulled through and taken to the Lost Kingdom. Here they are given assignments of which Ian is to capture the princess from the tower.
This is a fun book to read. There are many characters and the author has written a description of each at the beginning of the story. I did find it a little hard to keep up with them all during the action scenes. There is a lot that takes place in this story, and it has a lot of action and suspense as well as romance. The underlying theme in the story is building of morals and helping others.
This is a Narnia type book and will be enjoyed by those who enjoyed reading about mermaids, Pegasus, prince and princesses. Judy Carlson, a Minnesota native, has written in a touch of her home state within this enchanting story.
I received a copy of this book from the author Book Club Network. This is my honest review.
I have posted my review on my blog as well as Amazon and Goodreads.
Thank you for allowing me to read this book.

For starters, the cover is a showcase bookshelf keeper! This book is deeply detailed and full of memorable characters! I had to sometimes take a break to sort things out or figure out what was happening. There is a lot that goes on. I liken it to the Narnia detailed type stories. I am very thankful for the “list of characters and locales” index in the front! (that helps a lot) I loved the mix of two worlds and how Clara and Ian help Prince Lael in the adventures and throughout danger.  (can I have a magical attic, please?!)  This story has many lessons to be learned and will convict you of your own failings if you let it. I highly recommend falling into this story and getting to know these characters.  Danger, excitement, adventure, mermaids, another Kingdom and so much more!  Beautifully written! I was given the book by bookfun.org and this is my own opinion. 

amazon, B&N, goodreads, CBD

This part fairy tale part contemporary story takes a fantasy journey from America to a imaginary world with talking creatures and a medieval-type setting. It’s reminiscent of C.S. Lewis’s Chronicle of Narnia series. I liked how the author incorporated biblical principles and wisdom into the tale. The lengthy novel offers an engaging drama with appeal for all ages. It’s told at a level children can relate to with enough depth for older readers to appreciate. Authorial words are incorporated with foreshadow or commentary, but not so often that they detract. I found the book interesting but wished it had not taught that creatures will be in heaven. I know this is fiction, but most of the story does follow scriptural truth. I’m fine with fantasy on earth but believe we should keep heaven sacred. I received this book from Book Fun Network. All opinions are my own.

Reviewed on Fb, BAM, BnN, CBD, Amazon

I finally finished the book. Sorry for the delay. I enjoyed it very much. Will post my review on Wednesday.

The White Knight, the Lost Kingdom & the Sea Princess by Judy Carlson is a fun book to read. It is The Little Mermaid, The Chronicles of Narnia and the story of God's love and redemption all rolled into one. It seems to be geared toward middle grade readers, but is a great book to be read aloud for family reading time. The cover is beautiful! I enjoyed reading this book and look forward to reading more books by this author. I received a complimentary copy of the book from Nordskog Publishing in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own and I was not required to leave a positive review.

My review was posted on Goodreads, Facebook, Books-A-Million, Barnes & Noble, Christian Book Distributors, Kobo and Amazon.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service