Mail-Order Refuge is FREE on Kindle this month. Get it now!! Link Above 

Sponsored by Bethany House Publishers.  #ad. 

About the Book:

In a Drought, It's the Darkest Cloud  That Brings Hope

It's 1954 and Perla Long's arrival in the sleepy town of Wise, West Virginia, was supposed to go unnoticed. She just wants a quiet, safe place for her and her daughter, Sadie, where the mistakes of her past can stay hidden. But then drought comes to Wise, and Perla is pulled into the turmoil of a town desperately in need of a miracle.

Casewell Phillips has resigned himself to life as a bachelor...until he meets Perla. She's everything he's sought in a woman, but he can't get past the sense that she's hiding something. As the drought worsens, Perla's unique gift divides the town in two, bringing both gratitude and condemnation, and placing the pair in the middle of a storm of anger and forgiveness, fear and faith.

About Author: Sarah Loudin Thomas grew up on a 100-acre farm in French Creek, WV, the seventh generation to live there. Her Christian fiction is set in West Virginia and celebrates the people, the land, and the heritage of Appalachia. Her first novel, Miracle in a Dry Season, releases August 2014. Married with one dog, she now lives in Western North Carolina, which is almost as beautiful as West Virginia.

Sarah is represented by Wendy Lawton of Books & Such Literary Agency. You can visit her at www.SarahLoudinThomas.com.

PAPERBACKS
Michelle Fidler  Diana Montgomery
Jeanie Dannheim Heather Bireley
Jenna Evans Jean Kropid
Michelle Woods Amy Smelser
Robbi Bourne Britney Adams
Vicki Jones Karen Brooks
Johnette Ferguson Jackie McNutt
Brittany McEuen Elizabeth Dennison
Donna McGinnis Anne Rightler
Nancee Marchinowski Tammi Cramer
Katrina Epperson Karen Dean
Gail Hollingsworth Victoria Pless
Debora Wilder DiAnne Cummings
Lori Weller Marilyn Johnson
Mary Arndt Victor Gentile

Views: 518

Replies to This Discussion

Miracle in a Dry Season is an awesome debut novel for Sarah Loudin Thomas. It is easy to read but packed with meaning. The characters have their own stories that all blend together to make a wonderful, realistic town in the 1950's. There are plenty of problems encountered but with faith anything can be accomplished. I look forward to reading more works from this author.

I recieved this book from the Book Club Network in exchange for my honest opinion.

This review will be posted on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Christianbook, and Goodreads.

Miracle in a Dry Season

Appalachian Blessings #1

By Sarah Loudin Thomas

This is a wonderful look at small town life in 1954.

This is Sarah Loudin Thomas’s debut novel. I found it to be a fantastic piece of writing. She did a marvelous job of creating a variety of characters that were easy to understand. Some of them just plain frustrated me, but then again to be honest I get frustrated with people at times in real life. The interaction between the characters was very realistic. The two main characters, Perla Long and Casewell Phillips were easy for me to connect with though. They had a number of very heavy obstacles to negotiate just to get through everyday life.

The story explores some deep issues about judgment and forgiveness, so in that sense it is not a light read. But it is done in a small town setting and that helps to make it feel lighter.

I especially enjoyed the way that the characters grew and developed in their own lives and in how they related to each other. I loved the paths that many of them took as they were learning about the importance of forgiveness to personal lives as well as to the well-being of an entire community.

I received a free copy of this book through The Book Club Network in exchange for my honest opinion.

I have posted this review on Goodreads, Amazon, B & N, CBD, Deeper Shopping, and BAM! I have also posted a slightly longer version on my blog at: 

http://godslittlebookworm.blogspot.com/2015/04/miracle-in-dry-seaso...

Thank you for the opportunity to read and review this absolutely fabulous debut novel.

Set in 1954, in Wise, West VA.  we go   back to a time when  "mistakes"were often judged unfairly , and gossip ran rampant even among church fellowships.

This is a beautifully told story , the characters are intense and the story flows with a beauty all it's own.

Miracle In A Dry Season is one of those books you don't want to put down and leaves you believing in the power of forgiveness, love and faith. This is a very inspiring story  that I enjoyed very much.

I received this book through the Book Club Network in exchange for my honest opinion.

I will post also on Amazon; Deeper Shopping; CBD; Amazon and GoodReads

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service