Mail-Order Refuge is FREE on Kindle this month. Get it now!! Link Above 

***** REVIEWS FOR JAMES BARS: GOD, PLEASE REWIRE MY MADFATS BY JAMES BARS - 20 PB (US ONLY) - ADDRESSES SENT 8-20-15

Sponsored by James Bars:  #ad

ABOUT THE BOOK (237 pages):  You, my friend, are a unique and wonder-filled creation.

You are valuable beyond your ability to comprehend treasure. In the entire universe, for all eternity, there is, and will always be, only one you. You were designed for, and placed on, planet earth to complete a mission that only you can complete.

Yes, it’s true—you are a unique and wonder-filled creation. Here’s the downside—you don’t believe it.

Do you know why? It has to do with your heritage as a human being—you’re broken.

You are not to blame. It is not your fault.

Ever wonder why you don’t understand your true worth?

Ever wonder where your beliefs about you came from? Ever wonder why you are the way you are? Ever wonder where the Motives that inspire you originated? Or, why certain Affections rule your heart—why your Desires are sometimes darker than you would care to admit—why you experience negative Feelings that regularly bring unwanted grief—why your Actions can, at times, be a source of confusion and loss—and, why you are haunted by negative and persistent Thoughts you wish would just go away?

These are the primary questions God’s system for success addresses in this book.

God will rewire and restore your Motives, Affections, Desires, Feelings, Actions and Thoughts (MADFATs).

You will be transformed by the renewing of your mind as you follow the Biblically based and simple system outlined within. You will possess a clearer vision of your purpose and realize your soul’s restoration.

Your heaven-guided, spiritual vision will clear and you will fully discern, grasp and assume the fullness of your unquestioned and royal place in the kingdom of light. 

PAPERBACKS PAPERBACKS
Joan Nienhuis Christie Hicks
Deana Dick Michele Hazel
Victoria Brinius Amy Smelser
Sonnetta Jones Charity L
Virginia Winfield Jackie McNutt
Melissa Finnegan Paulette Thomas
Joan Boxell Nyla Kay Wilkerson
Mary Whitcomb  Cyrstal Scott
Sarah Storm Connywithay
Sheri Simmons Shirley Ann Strait

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." -- Nikki Giovanni That certainly describes James Bars as he came to the end of self-sufficiency. When life became meaningless and desperation consumed him, James began a search for hope, purpose, meaning and wholeness. It is not by any virtue that James Bars has discovered how to help others. Rather his failures are the bedrock upon which God began to reach him and move him to share the hard lessons learned. You are on planet earth. You know many of the same struggles. But do you know the Way up? Do you have a system for success?

Views: 213

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks, James, Blake, & Fred, for the read. Here is my review:

God, Please Rewire My MADFATs

“When you connect with God and allow His Spirit to direct your MADFATs, your life will come into harmony with His intention for you, and you will find great pleasure and joy in making healthy lifestyle choices,” James Bars and his son, Blake, write in their book, God, Please Rewire My MADFATs.

Complete review: https://connywithay.wordpress.com/2015/08/26/god-please-rewire-my-m...

This review will be posted on the Book Club Network, DeeperShopping, and Amazon with links on Bookfun.org, LinkedIn, Godinterest, Pinterest, and Twitter.

In " God Please Re-wire my Madfats" by James and Blake Bars, the book is a comprehensive guide on why we are here by God's design. This book makes no mistake that The Lord created us with a unique purpose in mind. James focuses on seven areas in our spiritual growth that will change our feelings, actions, thoughts, motives, desires, affections and beliefs. He asks questions to rewire your MADFATS( motives, affections, desires, feelings, actions and thoughts) as you transform your mind.

This book also allows you to journal daily topics dealing with the MADFATS and how to live them out.

This book isn't something that can be read in one sitting, but is perfect for a year long study. I could see that daily time in the scriptures with this book would be extremely beneficial for many who want to know the word better and want to change their MADFATS.

Thank you to the Book Club network for allowing me to review this book. My review can be found on Amazon, Deepershopping and Goodreads.
Not your typical self-help book, God please rewire my MADFATs is an encouraging book that deals with positive changes in oneself, our relationships, attitudes, and service. Using an acronym "MADFATs"', seven areas are discussed to change and improve: our Motives, Affections, Desires, Feelings, Actions, and Thoughts. This is no short, light read, but it is uplifting. It is an indepth, 52 week, journaling study that takes readers on a journey of self discovery and betterment to no longer be self-centered and fear God. It encourages happiness and pleasure by serving God and others. It is very insightful for someone dealing with depression, whether personally or through a family member. A handy reference book for betterment though it takes a while to absorb all of the info. I was given this book to read for my review. Reviews were posted on Amazon & Goodreads.

Received my copy.  Thanks.

I have read the book and blogged my review: http://bit.ly/1ZH8PgS

That blog posts to Facebook and Google+. I also placed reviews on Amazon, Deeper Shopping, Shelfari, GoodReads, and Twitter.

Here is the text of my blogged review:

We are made up of our MADFATs, Motives, Affections, Desires, Feelings, Actions, and Thoughts. The authors want us to find freedom from negative MADFATs, and have written this book to help us position ourselves so God can do that. “This book has been designed to help facilitate the healthy, fruitful gardening of your heart, mind and soul by exposing you to relevant concepts of science, as well as the inspiring light found in the Word of God.” (101)

This book is a combination of scientific knowledge and spiritual insights. We are given information as to how the brain works, how patterns are formed and dissolved, how our view of God shapes our brain, and how negative and positive thoughts affect our brain. They explain how change happens, including neuroplasticity and neurogenesis. They write about the role of visualizing, meditating, writing, and practice. To be transformed, we must continually access and receive the indwelling gift of the Holy Spirit and His life changing power.

This takes practice and effort. The rewiring guides have the purpose of exposing our soul to God's transforming work. “Regeneration of the soul is God's department. You can, nonetheless, enable Him to do His work by creating an environment within you where His healing, restoring powers will be effective.” (65)

The last half of the book consists of Practice Sheets. The idea is to repeatedly rewrite the affirmations, helping the new neural pathways to be solidified. Each day of the week focuses on one topic and they are repeated weekly. The authors remind us that this is a process and documenting the journey allows us to record what works and what doesn't, the Scriptures that influence us, etc.

There is a great amount of material in this book. Much of it should be read over and over to help the truth get into the inside of us. There are over fifty weeks of Practice Sheets so we know this book is not a quick fix – it is a process of change in thinking, believing, and practice. Reading this book is a commitment and I recommend it to those who are serious in their desire for transformation.

My rating: 4/5 stars.

James Bars and Blake Bars began working together in 2007. Both graduated from Eastern Oregon University, James with a BS in Business and Blake with an MBA. Blake currently manages a health food store. James is a human behavior consultant, Christian counselor, and board certified Master Life Coach. You can find out more at www.MyNewMadfats.com.

Home of Love Publications, 252 pages.

I received a complimentary copy of this book though The Book Club Network for the purpose of an independent and honest review.

Here is a book that will have you going deeper into scripture as you learn to become positive and improve your outlook. The title MADFATs stands for Motives, Affections, Desires, Feelings, Actions, and Thoughts. Don't rush through this book, or you may miss some important tools to improving your walk with Jesus. I would not call this a self-help book, but more of a bible study. I encourage you to take your time and absorb all the information filled throughout this book. I am using it as a study for the next 52 weeks as I slowly take in ways I can serve God and not let things of the world discourage me.

One of my favorite scriptures is, "Be anxious for nothing , but with prayer and supplication let your requests be known to God." Philippians 4:6. The author encourages us to have positive thoughts . We can let our mind become confused with thoughts of depression or anxiety . The book is a very useful guide to better living through changing the six keys he talks about in the book . It is time we forget about being selfish and realize there are others in the world that we can help. Sometimes just a kind word or a little time spent with someone makes a big difference in their life. Take your time, use the book and let the words soak in as you find happiness and joy in the Lord. Don't we all want to have pure motives, care for others, seek our desires, feel good about ourself, be His hands and feet and think on the Lord?

I received a copy of this book from The BookClub Network for an honest review

target="_blank">
https://www.librarything.com/work/16414784/book...

target="_blank">
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1425185126t
http://deana0326.blogspot.com/2015/10/god-please-rewire-my-madfats-...
My review is also posted on Amazon and Deepershopping

This book hits at the heart (or mind) of a lot of our issues in life. And this was a great book for me to read on the heals of Joyce Meyer’s Mind Connection. It’s like a deeper look into the tricks your mind can play on you.

People who enjoy a more scientific approach to things will like this book especially because the author talked about the brain and the way it functions. I am not a scientific type of person so I did have trouble focusing at times because that’s just not how I learn but that’s okay.

There are a lot of good things in this book. Early on, on page 15, the author writes, “Homeostasis is your system’s tendency and ability to maintain internal stability. Anxiety, worry, fear, resentment and anger, as well as negative motives, affections, desires, feelings, actions and thoughts of any type, contribute to a lack of homeostasis and thus add to your level of stress.” I found that to be extremely interesting.

Later, on the same page, James writes, “Fear cannot be satisfied. Satan knows this and strives to keep you fear-based and stressed, so he can steal, kill and destroy your life.”  Good stuff right there.

The end of the book has worksheets so you can work on rewiring your thought process. If your MADFATS need rewiring (and whose don’t) this might be the book for you.

Grab your copy at your local bookstore,  AmazonBarnes and NobleBooks-A-MillionDeeper Shopping or your favorite retailer.

A copy of this book was given to me through The Book Club Network Inc. in exchange for an honest review.

God, Please Rewire My MADFATs.  What?!  The title didn’t make a huge amount of sense to me.  But, the description of the book was interesting.  Renewing my mind is a Biblical concept, so I was in.  While reading this book you can almost hear the soothing sound of the person writing the book.  The words alone in the book will calm you.  I found this book overwhelmingly positive.  It was encouraging.  There were short, easy steps on how to renew you mind.  The book comes complete with the worksheets and instructions to go about renewing your mind.  I enjoyed the concept of the book.  I think you will also.

I received this free book from Book Club Network in exchange for my honest review.  This review is posted on Amazon, Goodreads, Deepershopping.

This very interesting guide deals  with explains how : Motives; Affections; Desires; Feelings; Actions and Thoughts are really ourselves, and how they form our beliefs and actions.

This is a very detailed  , easy to understand guide, that you really need to take the time to invest in studying  and learning  the lessons , see how it applies to your life and come to understand why you do the things  you do.

While it is a large book, it includes  large sections of worksheets that would be great for personal or group study. I found this to be personally enriching, it is different from most study formats I have used.

I received this book through The Book Club Network in exchange for my honest opinion.

It will also be posted on Amazon and Barnes and Noble

God, Please Rewire My MADFATS is a workbook that could be used with your Bible study.  It is a 52 week study that helps you to focus on and with God’s help rewire your motives, affections, desires, feelings, actions, and thoughts.  The first half of the book is 11 chapters that explain and give guidance to how to start renewing your mind and becoming the person God wants you to be.  I have read Mr. Bars work before and he has such a nice, simplistic way of explaining ideas where you do not feel overwhelmed.  Again this would be a beneficial exercise that would go along with your daily Bible reading, but should not replace it.  I received a copy of this book for an honest review from The Book Club Network, Inc. and the opinions are my own.

I have posted my review on Amazon, Goodreads, Barnes and Noble, and Deeper Shopping.  I could not locate on Christianbook.

God, Please Rewire My Madfats, by James Barr Co-aurthor Blake Barr.

This Book is a great way to rewire your thinking, by renewing your mind daily in the Word of God.
The writer has seven ares of growth for our focus.

M-motives, A-affections, D-desires, F-feelings,, A-actions, and T-thoughts = MADFATs. Make up what we think about, what we do, why we do them. It's the essence of our belief system.
With the help of the Holy Spirit, your mind and heart will be transformed and we will walk in the love of God, his grace and restoration.
There are practice sheets in the back of the book, for continual processing of a renewed mind.
It would be a great devotional tool for everyday.
I received this book from, The Book Club Network, for a fair review.
I posted my review on Amazon, Goodreads.

I was not really sure what my MADFAT'S were, however now that I do, I am glad that I read this book. I am able to understand how my  non-action emotions effect me. I also really like that the book is based on a song approach that is easy to read and follow. The practice sheets were very helpful as well. This is a great tool before interviews and bedtime to have a clear head. I am giving this book a 5/5. I was given a copy, all opinions are my own. 

http://dealsharingaunt.blogspot.com/2017/10/god-please-rewire-my-ma...

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service