***** REVIEWS FOR I HAVE SEEN GOD BY JOHN KLAUS-DIETER - 30 PB (U.S. AND CANADA) - ADDRESSES SENT 5-27-15

Sponsored by Monarch Books.  #ad

ABOUT THE BOOK: (288 pages)

The miraculous founding of a top class hospital for some of the world's poorest people

Klaus-Dieter and Martina John--both brilliant, talented, and highly qualified doctors--turned their backs on lucrative careers to follow their dream to open a first-rate medical facility for the Indians of the Peruvian Andes, some of the world's poorest people. The Peruvian Andes natives suffer appallingly from the diseases of poverty and, although they make up approximately 40 percent of Peru's population, are ignored by the authorities.

Having studied at the universities of Harvard, Yale, and Johannesburg during his training as a surgeon, Dr. Klaus-Dieter John together with his wife, Dr. Martina John, a pediatrician, developed a concept for a modern hospital in the Peruvian Highlands.

Turning down other offers, including a professorship, they set themselves the task of raising the millions of dollars needed. God opened the hearts and consciences of individuals and companies to create not just a health center, but a fully equipped hospital. Their story and vision has captured attention around the world and today they have the backing of 180 corporations and 50,000 private supporters.

The hospital’s name, Diospi Suyana, means "we trust in God" in Quechua, the native language of the people it serves. It is a testament to their experience that with God the impossible can happen. The incredible conviction and profound faith of the Johns will refresh your heart and stir your spirit.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:

Klaus-Dieter John studied at the universities of Harvard, Yale, and Johannesburg during his training as a surgeon. He and his wife Dr. Martina John, a pediatrician, have dedicated their lives to the establishment of the hospital in Peru.

PAPERBACKS PAPERBACKS
Wendy Hughes Brandi McCrum
Christina Spicuzza Gee Dixon
Jeanie Dannheim Amy Smelser
Janice Garey Charity L
Ramona McDavid Kathy Schemmel
Virginia Winfield Shannon Hogan
Jenna Evans Deanna Stevens 
Joan Boxell Anne Rightler
Robbi Bourne Karen Dean 
Sherree Walker Blanche Diane Henry
Chris Harry Julie Robinson 
Karen Ketcham Shirley Ann Strait
Lori Weller Cheri Swalwell
Janice Sisemore Trish Hedrick
Diana Montgomery

Views: 229

Replies to This Discussion

Just checking.....I am patient, but wondered if this had been sent yet.   No hurry...

This was a fascinating, very readable story of a young couple and their call to be medical missionaries in third world nations.  Narrated by Klaus, he engagingly recounts the spectacularly-varied experiences and of both he and his fellow doctor wife, Martina, as God opened doors and nudged them into their years of service in South Africa, Ecuador and Peru. Klaus freely and matter-of-factly shares the miraculous ways God worked in their lives, providing direction, opportunity and financial and personal support over and over again, just when they needed it. All of this culminates in the building a top-notch, fully-equipped hospital and health center in the Andes Mountains for the very poor Indios of Peru.  Its name, Diospi Suyana,  means “we trust in God”.

Klaus conveys to the reader his amazement at the way God works.  “Trusting in God, we were committing ourselves to a course that, from a human standpoint, was absolutely impossible.  But, praise God, the word “impossible” is just not in His vocabulary.”  I am in awe of not only God’s power and might, but also the dedication it takes for humans to give up comfortable, materially-abundant lives to serve “the least of these” in third world conditions.  I especially marvel that they brought up their children in this circumstances.  I enjoyed living vicariously on the mission field with Klaus and Martina and recommend their book.  I received this book through The Book Club Network, but the opinions shared are solely my own. Reviews left on Goodreads, Amazon, B&N and DS.

I Have Seen God is a great book - inspirational, encouraging, and challenging.  I love reading books about how God calls people to do extraordinary things and then shows His power throughout their fulfilling His calling on their life.  This book is one that will change the reader if the reader will let themselves be changed.  He doesn’t call us and then let us go - He stays one step ahead of us if we let Him have control.  And not only do we bless others by obeying His call, but the one who is called ends up being blessed as well.  Win-win for everyone! Highly recommend this book to everyone to read.

I received this book for free from The Book Club Network in exchange for my honest review.  I have posted my review on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Goodreads, and Deeper Shopping.   

I Have Seen God by Klaus-Dieter John was an awe-inspiring read. It is the true story of two highly qualified doctors who are called by God to build a modern hospital in Peru even though they have no money or resources; just a little faith. But as God proves over and over throughout the story with miracle after miracle, just a little faith in the Almighty Creator God is all you need. The book is a powerful witness to Providence and I did cry a little. I whole-heartedly recommend this book to anyone who wants to be encouraged by the evidence of a personal God.  I received this book for an honest review from The Book Club Network, Inc. (TBCN) and the opinions are my own.

I have posted my review on Amazon, Goodreads, Christianbook, Barnes and Noble, Deeper Shopping, and my personal blog: http://pausefortales.blogspot.com/2015/07/review-i-have-seen-god-by...

What an amazing story of God`s faithfulness, and of our need to trust Him through it all!  As you read this story, which begins when Klaus is just a young man, you will see how God has been preparing him for this journey, sending him the wife, hand-picked to travel the long road with him.  The love for God, for each other, and for the Peruvian people is what is spoken of in 1 Corinthians 13.  Love never fails!
¨The Bible says that God directs people`s hearts like streams of water.  Remembering this removes a heavy burden from me.  Success, even in the most difficult situations, is not dependent on me, but on God.  There is nothing more important that faith in the Living God.  He alone can make the ïmpossible¨possible.  pg. 169
The stories shared of some of the many helped in the Diospi Suyana Hospital definitely show God`s loving hands and heart working through His children.
More than once the workers had their backs against the wall of time as they worked to bring this hospital to fruition.  Time and again these situations led to prayer, and yes to long hours of physical work, but in the end, the outcome was always placed in the hands of our miracle working, and most capable God.
Ïf ever there was an unfavourable combination of factors, this was it: an exhausted Minister under extreme pressure of time in the middle of the night.  But, for God, these details are irrelevant.  He alone orchestrates every circumstance as He sees fit.  Things can always change in the blink of an eye, and if we trust Him, we can expect Him to act-no matter what.¨ pg. 231
Sometimes we can think other Christians have a direct line to God, while we may struggle, or wonder if He is even listening.  God`s power is available for all of us, if we just believe…faith of a mustard seed.
Klaus and Martina were just ordinary people and God used them in mighty ways for His glory.
¨I don`t know why God has chosen to show Himself so often and so clearly in our lives.  Although His hand is in all things, sometimes His intervention is a bit more subtle, almost as if He wishes to remain anonymous.  Maybe He took a different approach with me because I had doubted Him for so many years.  He always seems to have a special plan for the doubters, the broken, and the desperate.  I did always have an unrestrained desire to see and experience God.¨  pg. 265
Pick up this easy yet fascinating read and be encouraged, and challenged, whether it be to help out with this amazing ministry or another one God has hand picked for you.
Thank you to book fun.org and Kregel publications for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an honest review.
I have placed this review at Amazon, Barnes&Noble, Christianbook, Deepershopping.  Goodreads is not working at present time will try to come back later and post there as well. 

When God gives you something to do………………………

……………………He will always, always see you through!!!

If you would like to read a book that shows the love of God for those who love Him and how He can work things for his purpose, this is a book to read.  It is about a dream becoming a reality.  It is about mountains being moved.  It is about a hospital being built in the mountains of Southern Peru. 

I think this book can also be summed up with the words of Mr. John (p256).  “My own message at gatherings and celebrations related to the hospital is always the same.  I tell of my fear of death, my often desperate search for God, and the many miracles that defy logic and mathematical probability several times over.  Christians of all denominations can be encouraged to trust God anew.  Even agnostics may be challenged into entertaining the notion that there might just be more to this life than we imagine after all.” 

I was given this book by bookfun.org in exchange for my honest review.  Reviews have also been posted on Deeper Shopping, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Family Christian Bookstore and Good Reads.

I Have Seen God is a marvelous story written by Klaus-Dieter John, physician and God's blessing to thousands of indigent Peruvian Indians. This is the story of a young German boy who was enthralled with missionary stories of what, to him, was 'adventure and excitement in exotic lands.' He dreamt of being a physician in a Third-World country. From this childhood dream to the miraculous reality of building a modern hospital, Diospi Suyana, translated 'We trust in God', in the mountains of Peru, this book is page after page accounts of seeing God at work. Divine appointments and interventions for schooling, for funding, for the provision of equipment and providing volunteers and the medical team and needed medical licensing, the reader sees God's hand throughout the several year long journey. A persistent spirit, an undergirding life of prayer, and a recognition that God said I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go, Dr. John and his God-appointed team were able to overcome a myriad of obstacles. Obstacles such as flat out rejection and disbelief, the red tape of foreign bureaucracy, the laid-back and sometimes corrupt work ethics of construction managers. Even when there were setbacks, there was an acknowledgment that these served a purpose and led to a greater goal. Faith the size of a mustard seed was rewarded over and over again as this mountainous, seemingly impossible project began and was seen to completion. A wonderful account of seeing God at work that can bolster any reader's faith and lead to complete dependence on God. As the author writes, 'There is nothing more important than faith in the Living God. He alone can make the "impossible' possible.' (pg. 169)
I received a copy of this book through The Book Club Network (bookfun.org) in exchange for my honest review. I have posted reviews on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Deepershopping.com, Christianbook.com, Booksamillion.com, Kobobooks.com, Bookfun.org, and GoodReads.

Even as a young man, Klaus-Dieter John of Germany wanted to be a missionary doctor.  He met his future wife in high school and was delighted to learn she too had the same goals.  They both embarked on the daunting task of equipping themselves to become highly trained and skilled doctors.  During the course of this, Klaus-Dieter John questioned the existence of God.  He asked God, if He were truly real, to show Himself.  Eventually, Drs John were lead to South America to serve as doctors.  There they served in a missionary hospital, but God was giving them a vision of building a hospital to serve the poor indios of the region.  Eventually, they settled on a location in Peru.  There remained the seemingly daunting task of raising the massive amount of money for the building and equipping of the hospital and somehow being able to cut through the government red tape for building, transporting equipment, and licensing such an endeavor.  His myriad of stories of God’s leading and provision should change the heart of even the deepest skeptic. 

When you see the title, I Have Seen God, you might think this is just a catchy title, one designed to sell books.  As you read through the multiple experiences of this committed man, you will not only come to understand how this doctor saw the existence, but the reader also should be blessed into seeing the hand of God.  It is incredible what one dedicated and trusting couple was able to do to help and bless others.  Because they were not asking for themselves, they were never ashamed to pray and ask for help from others.  A prime example of the heart of this project is how, as the book is drawing to a close, the author gives all glory and praise to God for what has been done and offers a point of contact to anyone who is searching for a relationship with the only Hope we have in this world.  It was a truly inspiring and inspirational read.

I received a copy of this through the Book Club Network.

I have posted this on Amazon, BooksAMillion, CBD, Deeper Shopping, and Good Reads.  Still having trouble posting on Barnes and Noble

Reading about the miracles and victories that God has provided in the lives of His people is always so uplifting and refreshing to me.  This book is no exception.  It is the story of Klaus Dieter and his wife, Martina John, both highly qualified physicians who became missionaries to the Indians of the Peruvian Andes.

Klaus, a surgeon, and Martina, in pediatrics, knew their mission in life was to help people living in terrible circumstances.  This is their story of raising millions of dollars to build a top quality full hospital facility in Peru.  It is also God’s story of working in the hearts of so many people to take part in this project by giving their hearts and their money.  It is faith in action and is a real page turner from the first page to the last.  I highly recommend this book to prove how “No Way” can be turned to “Yes, I will” when God is in it!

I received this free book from Book Club Network in exchange for my honest review.  I’ve also posted this review on Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

“I Have Seen God” by Klaus-Dieter John is a very inspiring read.  I was skeptical when others said it brought tears to their eyes but I found I had them too at the end of the book.  Throughout the entire book, we see the hand of God at work helping the Johns to accomplish their goal of building their hospital.  This is evidenced by quotes like from page 71, “I can only confirm that the more you trust God and realize your dependence on Him, the more help you will see from above.”

On page 145, Dr. John explains “…I had lost my projector at Customs.  That had been irritating, BUT, as a result, I now had a new satellite dish for the hospital – a resource that would ultimately save us hundreds of thousands of dollars.” After elaborating on the entire chain of events, he acknowledges that it could only be a miracle from God that caused things to happen as they had not coincidence.

The Johns knew from when they first met that they wanted to help people in the mission field.  They researched and found the location that was calling to them and realized their dreams with God’s help and so can we.

I received a copy of this book through The Book Club Network (bookfun.org) in exchange for my honest review. I have posted reviews on Amazon, Deepershopping.com, Christianbook.com, Booksamillion.com, Bookfun.org, and GoodReads.

Review Title: See God in Awesome Action (review of I Have Seen God by Klause-Dieter John)
Reviewer: Janice S. Garey
***** 5 Stars posted on Amazon, Goodreads, Christianbook.com, and Deepershopping

If you have ever wondered how God works, this book reveals Him making the most of human and physical resources, and acting in miraculous ways which appear impossible except for realizing He has done the thing that could not be done.

If you have ever wondered about how God calls His children to act on a notion, a far-fetched dream He gave that seemed so questionable at the time received, this book will reveal how that works.

If you have ever wondered whether or not God cares about the poor in this world and if He will make any difference in their lives, this book will give you answers to that long pondered question.

If you have ever wondered how people who are highly skilled, well educated, and with prospects of an affluent life can go to a poverty stricken area to live far below the quality of life to which they were accustomed in order to serve the needy in the name of Christ, this book will show you how that happens.

If you have ever wondered if corporations have a heart, and what their motivations are for charitable acts, this book will give you a look at inner workings that mobilize substantial help through donations in kind and financial commitments.

Not wanting this review to get too long, I will just say that I have only touched upon a few aspects of this inspiring book. I really enjoyed the photo pages included  which helped me to see personalities through their captured expressions. The love for God and the people He made flows through the whole book. Receive inspiration to stick with God through thick and thin. See what spectacular impact can be made when God works through believers who will not give up even at the bleakest of moments.

I thank bookfun.org, the author, and the publisher for giving me this book in exchange for reading it and posting an honest review. This book will inspire all readers in many ways. Rise up to action based on examples set by dedicated Christians, by corporate sponsors doing good in community settings, by government cutting through red tape and corruption, by God turning what seems to be a hardship into an opportunity to receive beyond wildest dreams,and more. Not to be missed!

The following review has been posted at: DeeperShopping.com, FamilyChristian.com, cbd, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Goodreads, also my Google Plus page and our Facebook page.   So very sorry for the delay in posting!!

This is one of the most amazing testimonies of the power of God that I’ve read! If, like me, and like Dr. Klaus John, you have ever wondered if God really existed, if He answered prayer, this little book can completely change your faith.

Klaus John, a first generation German native, met the love of his life, Martina Schenk, in high school. They discovered quickly their common goal: they wanted to become doctors and practice in a third-world country. The brief introduction that cemented their passion for bringing quality medical care to developing countries was when doing an internship in Ghana, West Africa. If a patient had no money, that patient would not be treated. They were woefully short of medical equipment to make proper diagnoses, often relying on visual and touch only. They learned it was rare to find practitioners treating with Christian love, yet in 1983 found a mentor in a doctor from Wales who left a promising career to put his faith into action in Ghana. This doctor showed how to treat patients, and everyone else, with the love of Jesus.

Many prayers led Klaus to various colleges in the US as a student, where he decided to specialize as a surgeon. In 1987, he and Martina married. Both were blessed to study at Yale for their residencies in the early 1990’s. These lessons in waiting on the Lord were God’s school for what would one day be the adventure of their lives. When almost done at Yale, they went to Peru on a backpacking tour.  They found the location they believed to be their future in a small town called Cusco, the now-impoverished former capital of the Incan civilization where lived the direct descendants of the Incans.

They spent time in the Republic of South Africa, where Klaus received the maximum experience in almost every kind of surgery. In Tina’s pediatric department, nearly 30% of their patients had AIDS. Even though state of the art equipment filled the walls in a developing country, it was a place of terrible prejudice, both tribal and racial. Later, they raised their own support to be medical missionaries in Ecuador. On September 27, 2000 their vision was birthed after Klaus had read in Psalm 32, ‘God says: “I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you”’ (pg. 72). They believed, with the Lord’s direction, they could build the Diospi Suyana Hospital which would be built on faith in God, where patients would be treated with the love, dignity, and care that Christians are to live every day. It would be built on prayer and trusting the Lord.

This book reads like a novel, except it is true. It has everything a reader could want – drama, mystery, risk, and of a faith that refused disappointment. It is about living one day at a time, having needs met one prayer at a time. Throughout is the constant concern of whether their project would begin, much less continue. It is ultimately the story of God’s power unleashed when people trust Him. The prose invites one to stay up late into the night to keep reading, just one more chapter, one more challenge, one more miracle! It is extremely well-written, better than the plots of many works of fiction, showing how truth can be more amazing than fiction when God is in control. I highly recommend ‘I Have Seen God’ by those who want to see God’s love and grace, who need to see that not only is He still concerned for our every need, but there are men and women of God who live with the kind of radical faith it takes to follow the Lord to build a mission hospital in the heart of South America.

With a grateful heart, I received a copy of this book through the “For Readers Only” group at The Book Club Network, in exchange for my honest review.  All opinions are my own, and no monetary compensation was received for this review.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service