***** REVIEWS FOR ELK LAKE PUBLISHING: WHISPERS IN THE BRANCHES by BRANDY HEINEMAN - 50 EBOOKS - ADDRESSES SENT 3-28-15

Sponsored by Elk Lake Publishing.  #ad

ABOUT BOOK:

Tending a void in her heart that demands to be filled, Abby Wells uproots her life in Ohio to move into the ancestral home in Georgia. Now that her mom is gone, it's her best chance to connect with the last of her family, and she can't deny the pull of the supposedly haunted house. The seductive comfort of believing that ghosts could be real drives her search, but Aunt Ruby's plans for Abby don't include revealing secrets kept for seventy years. Oh, there's dirty laundry she'd like to air-just not her own.

Indulging in the attentions of the house's handsome caretaker helps numb her pain, but Abby's ex-boyfriend won't let go of the past. He hounds her about his newfound religion in hopes of reconciling, but why reach for him or the God who couldn't or wouldn't spare her mom? In the stillness of the old house, the spirit world feels so close she can almost touch it. But she doesn't know yet that there's more than one way to be haunted.

ABOUT AUTHOR:

BRANDY HEINEMAN pens dual time frame novels from a Christian worldview, including Genesis finalist Whispers in the Branches. She is a member of the American Christian Fiction Writers and an alumna of Wesleyan College in Macon, Georgia. She and her husband, Michael, reside in metro Atlanta.

Visit her website at http://brandyheineman.com.       

EBOOKS EBOOKS
Joan Nienhuis Kathy Schemmel
Billie Conrad Deborah Dunson
Christina Spicuzza Shannon Hogan
Diane Beason Nyla Kay Wilkerson
Becky Lewis Deanna Stevens
Sonnetta Jones Anne Rightler
Jaquelyn S Michelle L
Ramona McDavid Pamela Morrisson
Virginia Winfield Cindy Augustine
Nancy Melissa Lemaire
Jenna Evans Shirley Strait
Joan Boxell Victoria Pless
Mary Whitcomb Ann Cuddy
Joan Arning Karen R
Chris Harry Carrie Gould
Lori Weller Shuvyenska Margarita
Janice Sisemore Galinda Barefoot
Gee Dixon Miriam Jacob
Heather Bireley Carol Smith
Linda Adams Rachel Stark
Diane Higgins Terra Price
Meagan Myhren-Bennett Shawna Wallace
Jackie McNutt Patsy Glans

Views: 861

Replies to This Discussion

Me too!

Thank you, Ramona (and Fred, too!) It's so good to know that you enjoyed it! You're right, I wouldn't move out of state for my genealogy either, although I have made a couple of big trips to see family and do research. Here's a fun tidbit: Abby's Mustang was inspired by my rental car for one such trip, but unlike hers which has achieved clunker status, this was a brand-new late model candy apple red one. I'm not a car person by any means, but that was fun--and if it was a little impractical navigating dirt roads and cemetery driveways in a sports car, oh well!

Whispers in the Branches is the story of a young woman who meets her interesting elderly great aunt. Abby moves into an old house owned by Aunt Ruby and suspects that the house is haunted. The story was rather difficult to follow and I wondered if it was a Christian book with so much discussion of ghosts. However, I did enjoy the last several chapters and the conclusion.

I received this book from www.bookfun.org in exchange for my honest opinion  I posted reviews on Goodreads, B&N and Amazon.

Thank you for reading and for your candid review, Joan. I'm glad that you enjoyed the ending, and I hope that it left you with a sense of peace over why I explored certain questions with this story. My continual prayer is that my work would be fruitful for God's kingdom, and pleasing in His sight.

This  heart touching story about love and loss has very engaging characters. The author has done an excellent job of portraying the doubts, fears and sometimes strange feelings of dealing with life and death.

I love the interesting mix of generational characters, who aren't always open and loving with each other, but still are people you can easily relate to.

I found this to be an interesting, and at times intriguing story, that I liked very much.

I received this book through The Book Club Network in exchange for my honest opinion.

I will also post on Deeper Shopping; Amazon, Goodreads

Thank you for reading and reviewing, Jackie! It's wonderful to hear that you connected with the characters and enjoyed the story. Thank you for the lovely review!

Just finished reading and will post a review separately but wanted to let you know a couple of things.  First, when I tried to read this on the Kindle,  it was in extremely small print and the last sentence on the page was gone. I then tried to read it on my Nook but the print was so big I couldn't even see a single word completely.  It was perfect on my computer and that is how I read most of it.

Yes, we sent you a PDF version... sorry for the inconvenience

Thanks for your patience Victoria

I just finished reading this book.  First, the characters were well developed, even if it took a little while to figure some of them out. The story was interesting and kept me reading and wanting to know more. The story flowed well after the first chapter, that one had me confused until later in the book. Even though this is a Christian book, there is a mention of a ghost. I won't spoil the story, but the ghost is kept in line with the Bible.  There were a couple of words I had to look up, but mostly the language was an easy read for anyone. Though I read some people didn't like Abby, I mostly felt sorry for her. She wouldn't be my choice for a best friend, but when you read the whole book you understand her more and you hope she finds what she need, Jesus. You won't be disappointed if you choose to read this book. There are questions at the end of the book, making this a good choice for a book club. This book was given me in exchange for my honest review.  This review is also posted on Amazon, B&N, Goodreads, and Librarything.

I'm happy you liked it, Victoria! Thanks for taking the time to read and review. Very much appreciated. I'm glad you mentioned about book clubs, too. I'm hoping to be able to meet with some clubs before long. So thanks again! :)

I did not make note of when I recieved the ebook but have finished it today.  The pdf. version did not display very well on my Kindle Paperwhite which did make it difficult to read.  I did find that it displayed well on my iPhone though and was able to finish it. Here is my review.

Brandy Heineman's book "Whispers in the Branches" is a great story that follows the main character Abby while she searches for answers to questions about her family. She leaves her home in Ohio after losing her job and breaking up with her boyfriend, Greg. She goes to Kennasaw, Georgia to visit her Aunt Ruby after her mother dies.
Aunt Ruby sets her up in the old, run down house that she owns but Abby hears that it may be haunted.
Is there really a ghost or is it just the secrets from her past?
By the end of the book it was a "page turner" and I couldn't stop reading until I had finished it.
I received a free digital copy from the Book Club Network at www.bookfun.org in exchange for my honest review.

This review was posted at Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Thank you!

Ack--my apologies that I failed to respond sooner, Kathy!

I'm sorry to hear that you had trouble with the file at first. Thanks for persevering and for writing this lovely review. Good to know that the end made up for the tough time you had with it in the beginning! :)

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service