***** REVIEWS FOR ELIZABETH MUSSER: THE LONG HIGHWAY HOME BY ELIZABETH MUSSER - 20 PAPERBACKS (US ONLY) - ADDRESSES SENT 12.13.16

Sponsored by Elizabeth Musser  #ad

ABOUT THE BOOK:

Sometimes going home means leaving everything you have ever known.

When the doctor pronounces ‘incurable cancer’ and gives Bobbie Blake one year to live, she agrees to accompany her niece, Tracie, on a trip back to Austria, back to The Oasis, a ministry center for refugees that Bobbie helped start twenty years earlier.  Back to where there are so many memories of love and loss…

Bobbie and Tracie are moved by the plight of the refugees and in particular, the story of the Iranian Hamid, whose young daughter was caught with a New Testament in her possession in Iran, causing Hamid to flee along The Refugee Highway and putting the whole family in danger.  Can a network of helpers bring the family to safety in time?  And at what cost?

Filled with action, danger, heartache and romance, The Long Highway Home is a hymn to freedom in life’s darkest moments.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:

Elizabeth Musser, a native of Atlanta, Georgia now living in France, is a novelist who writes what she calls 'entertainment with a soul.' Elizabeth attended The Westminster Schools in Atlanta and Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee where she majored in French and English literature, graduated magna cum laude and was a member of Phi Beta Kappa honor society. 

PAPERBACKS PAPERBACKS
Helen M Kathy Sparks
Deana Dick Jacqueline Robertson
Victoria Brinius Lori Parrish
Rachael Merritt Nyla Kay Wilkerson
Kimberly Napier Deanna Stevens
Joan Arning Mary Hake
Donna McGinnis Karen Dean
Mary Arndt Galinda Barefoot
Melissa Merritt Charlene Durham
Lynda Edwards Cheri Swalwell
Gee Dixon

Views: 272

Replies to This Discussion

Dear Lynda,

Thanks so much for your review of TLHH (as I call it). Although I wrote the novel several years ago, I'm always amazed at the Lord's timing, and having it come out now, in the midst of so much talk about refugees was, as you said, timely. God's time, not mine=) It's been an interesting journey as this is the first novel I have self-published.

I really appreciate your leaving reviews on the various sites, too.

As you read, this novel was very dear to my heart because my husband and I have had the privilege of visiting the real Oasis and watching our colleagues there show love in action. And so many of the stories of refugees in The Long Highway Home are based on true stories.

If you are interested, you can join my Author page on Facebook here: Facebook Fan Page

and here's the link for Twitter. I've also made a board with photos from scenes in The Long Highway Home on Pinterest.

Blessings on you, Lynda!

Elizabeth

'Entertainment with a Soul'

www.elizabethmusser.com

The Long Highway Home by Elizabeth Musser is an amazing, captivating novel.  This is the first book by this author that I have read, but I intend to explore the others.  This is a stand-alone title.  This title has been a bestseller in Europe, and all of her books have been translated into multiple languages.

In this book several characters’ stories are told and are woven together.  A single woman recently diagnosed with an incurable cancer makes a journey back to Austria to the Oasis, a ministry center for refugees.  Her past is filled with love and loss.  Her niece, Tracie, accompanies her on this journey and finds her life changed by her experience there.  Tracie realizes that she does not know her aunt’s history but knows that her aunt was a Bible smuggler then.

Iranian, Hamid, flees for his life and for freedom after his daughter, Rasa, was caught with a New Testament.  She found faith in this Jesus and her faith became the strength of this family.  Hamid’s harrowing trek from Iran to Austria shows just how desperate the situation for refugees is. 

I recommend this wonderful novel, filled with action, danger, romance, and miracles.  I received this book through TBCN in exchange for an honest review.  (posted on Amazon, Good Reads,  and Barnes & Noble; not found on Christian Books, Deeper Shopping, or Books-a-Million, although other titles by this author were.)

Thanks so much for your review, dear Jacqueline! I'm so glad you enjoyed The Long Highway Home. As you probably read in the acknowledgments, much of this novel is inspired by true stories and Tom, Julie and Carol are actually real people who have worked at the Oasis. The Lord opened my eyes to so many things as my husband and I visited The Oasis in our pastoral role.

I hope you will be able to read some of my other novels, too. This was my first indie novel, and that's why it isn't on CBD or Books-a-Million.

Blessings on your summer!

Elizabeth

elizabeth.musser@iteams.org

www.elizabethmusser.com

Facebook Author Page

Join Elizabeth's Readers' and/or Ministry Update List

This is a book I want to read. The reviews are interesting.

Thanks, Sonnetta! I hope you'll enjoy reading The Long Highway Home!

Blessings,

Elizabeth

www.elizabethmusser.com

Facebook Author Page

This novel shares a challenging story that could be pulled right from a refugee’s diary. Interwoven with the lives of former American Bible smuggler and missionary, Bobbie, and her niece Tracie, who visit the Austria mission, the journeys of Iranian Hamid and his young family take center stage. Stephen, an American journalist raised in France, documents some of the refugees’ trials and highlights Hamid’s struggles. This touching novel makes one think about what their situation is really like and evokes sympathy for their plight. You also witness the transformation as a Muslim seeks to understand who Isa (Jesus) is and what following Him means. I highly recommend this powerful prose, which is filled with interesting characters, dramatic subplots, and amazing adventures. I received a copy from Book Fun Club. All opinions are my own.

Posted on Amazon & FB.

Bonjour, dear Mary!

With the help of Phred and Nora, I figured out how to reply here! Call me 'blond!'

I so appreciate your reviews and the time you've taken to share about The Long Highway Home with others. Merci! This is my first indie novel and it's a challenge to get the word out. I'm learning lots and am thankful for readers like you.

Blessings on your summer!

Elizabeth

www.elizabethmusser.com

Facebook Author Page

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service