Mail-Order Refuge is FREE on Kindle this month. Get it now!! Link Above 

***** REVIEWS FOR DAVID C COOK: TWO CROSSES BY ELIZABETH MUSSER - 20 PAPERBACKS (US ONLY) - ADDRESSES SENT 7.20.16

Sponsored by Elizabeth Musser  #ad

ABOUT THE BOOK (466 pages):

The glimmering Huguenot cross she innocently wears leads her deep into the shadows.

When Gabriella Madison arrives in France in 1961 to continue her university studies, she doesn’t anticipate being drawn into the secretive world behind the Algerian war for independence from France. The further she delves into the war efforts, the more her faith is challenged.

The people who surround her bring a whirlwind of transforming forces—a wise nun involved in the smuggling, a little girl carrying secret information, and a man with unknown loyalties who captures her heart. When she discovers a long hidden secret from her past, it all leads to questions about trust, faith in action, and the power of forgiveness to move beyond the pain of the past.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:

Elizabeth Musser, a native of Atlanta, Georgia now living in France, is a novelist who writes what she calls 'entertainment with a soul.' Elizabeth attended The Westminster Schools in Atlanta and Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee where she majored in French and English literature, graduated magna cum laude and was a member of Phi Beta Kappa honor society. 

PAPERBACKS PAPERBACKS
Deana Dick Kathy Sparks
Kyla Swalwell Debra Lindquist
Rachael Merritt Rachel Dodson
Joan Arning Lori Parrish
Vicki Jones Lisa Johnson
Tina Rice Betti Mace
Donna McGinnis Karen Dean
Lori Weller Charlene Durham
Vickie Jameson Trish Hedrick
Penny Marks Diane Higgins

Views: 272

Replies to This Discussion

Elizabeth Musser’s “Two Crosses” was a little hard to read but also interesting.  This book is fiction but has a lot of history in it.  If you enjoy historical fiction, this is definitely the book for you.  

This book follows Gabriella Madison who comes to the French town of Castelnau to continue her studies at the university.  During this time, she finds herself drawn into the secretive world behind the Algerian war.  She also discovers a family secret.  This in turn challenges her faith more than ever.

I was given the book by Book Fun (The Book Club Network) and here is my honest review.

I posted reviews on: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Christianbook and Goodreads.

Thanks so much, Diane, for reading and reviewing 'Two Crosses' (as well as 'Searching for Eternity')

I actually knew nothing about Algeria's War for Independence from France until I moved to Montpellier with my husband 30+ years ago. I spent a ton of time researching the war as well as taking day trips to some of the places in France where there are scenes in the book. 'Two Crosses' was the first novel I wrote way back in 1996, but I had the opportunity to re-edit it as well as the other two books in the trilogy for new publication in 2012. I hope you'll be able to read 'Two Testaments' and 'Two Destinies' too. You can read the first chapters on my website: http://www.elizabethmusser.com/novels.html

Blessings and happy reading!

Elizabeth Musser

'Entertainment with a Soul'

www.elizabethmusser.com

Thanks so much, Tina, for your comments and for rereading Two Crosses. As an editor friends says, I write books which have a cast of thousands!

I actually knew nothing about Algeria's War for Independence from France until I moved to Montpellier with my husband 30+ years ago. I spent a ton of time researching the war as well as taking day trips to some of the places in France where there are scenes in the book. 'Two Crosses' was the first novel I wrote way back in 1996, but I had the opportunity to re-edit it as well as the other two books in the trilogy for new publication in 2012. I hope you'll be able to read 'Two Testaments' and 'Two Destinies' too. You can read the first chapters on my website: http://www.elizabethmusser.com/novels.html

My most exciting news is that I'm launching my new novel, The Long Highway Home, in a few weeks. You can find news about it on Facebook (link below) if you're interested.

Blessings and happy reading!

Elizabeth Musser

www.elizabethmusser.com

Facebook Author Page

Two Crosses by Elizabeth Musser is an interesting and intriguing tale with well-developed characters. Set in 1961, it is a fictional story based on historical facts of Algeria's fight for independence from France. It has elements of danger, suspense, mystery, romance and faith in God. The reader is treated to a history lesson within its pages. I enjoyed it the story very much and can't wait to read the other books in the series.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through The Book Club Network, Inc., in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own and I was not required to leave a positive review. My review has been posted on the following websites: Goodreads, Facebook, Christian Book Distributors, Barnes & Noble, Books-A-Million and Amazon. If I can find additional places to post the review, I will do so and update the feed.

Dear Vickie,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of Two Crosses! I'm sorry it's taken me so long to reply. My husband and I just moved back to the States after 30 years in France and I am forever playing 'catch up'.

My most recent novel, The Long Highway Home, is a story about Iranian refugees fleeing persecution along the Refugee Highway and a welcome center in Austria which serves up coffee and Christ to refugees. It is based on true stories from our missions’ colleagues in Austria who work with refugees. It’s been so exciting to introduce this story to my readers and hear their enthusiastic response to the novel.  You can find out a little more about the novel and read the first chapters here. I’ve also put photos from scenes in The Long Highway Home on Pinterest.

Blessings and happy reading and Joyeux Noel (Merry Christmas)!

Elizabeth Musser

www.elizabethmusser.com

Facebook Author Page

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service