***** REVIEWS FOR CAROL GRAHAM: BATTERED HOPE BY CAROL GRAHAM - 20 PAPERBACKS (US ONLY) - ADDRESSES SENT 7.20.16

Sponsored by Carol Graham  #ad

ABOUT THE BOOK (254 pages):

Carol is a determined resilient woman who endured traumatic events that would cause most others to roll over and quit. The challenges of cancer, rape, marital abuse, jail, loss of child and financial ruin coupled with a determination to succeed compels the reader to root for her to triumph. You will identify with Carol on many emotional terrains of love, loss, suffering, pain, heartbreak and ultimately renewal. This is her gripping story.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:

Carol Graham, author, motivational speaker, talk show host, and health coach shares the art of becoming a survivor based on her own traumatic life experiences. She is a regular contributor to several websites and has been published in three anthologies. She is a motivational speaker who has much to share in the area of survival and is an inspiration to anyone going through trauma.
She lived an intense life of outrageous traumatic events, always a fighter and a winner over cancer, rape, marital abuse, jail, loss of child, and huge financial losses.

Her fast-paced memoir, Battered Hope, reads with all the elements of a good novel - character, conflict, suspense, and resolution. It is a story of hope, perseverance, and faith.

PAPERBACKS PAPERBACKS
Deana Dick
Penny Marks
Sonnetta jones
Ramona McDavid Debra Lindquist
Becky  Jackie McNutt
Donna McGinnis
Vickie Jameson

Cheri Swalwell

Views: 181

Replies to This Discussion

HI Deana, Sonnetta, Ramona, Becky, Donna, Vickie, Penny, Debra, Jackie and Cheri:

I am thrilled that you want to read my memoir and are willing to review it.  Be prepared,  once you start, you will not be able to put it down.  One recent review said that she hopes it is not an audio book because you would have to pull over to the side of the road if you were listening to it while driving -- it is shocking.  I look forward to what each of you thinks and now that my life is an "open book", I will answer any and all of your questions.

Carol Graham

Battered Hope

Have not received my copy as of 08/11/16. Thanks
From the beginning pages my adrenaline was high as I began to read an unforgettable story of pain, loss, hurt, deceit, faith , trust, forgiveness and survival. I thought about Job in the bible. It seemed like the more he went through , the more he lost and the more his faith grew. That statement can be said for Carol and her husband. As you read her story you may wonder how could they survive all they had to endure? The simple answer is their faith and trust in God.

She talked about her first husband Joe who she thought would be the perfect husband. The further into her marriage she got, the more she saw what kind of person Joe really was. The horrible mind games, and other unspeakable acts he did to Carol broke my heart. How can someone you think loves you do such demeaning things to you? Being in a controlling relationship is difficult and hard to get away from. What if your spouse forbid you to go to your mother's funeral? I could feel the despair Carol was having as she decided that she had to get out of her marriage. Will she be safe once she is divorced from him?

When Carol met her new husband Paul, she thought everything was going to be good now. But life has a way of changing things . They both had fathers that were pastors and they shared a strong belief in God. Trusting someone can be difficult at times. They became partners with someone in the diamond business. I can't imagine the pain they felt when they realized their partner had swindled them. How do you go on when you have lost everything?

I especially liked the part about Paul hearing from God speaking words that protected him from harm. Do we dismiss God when He speaks to us? As I got deeper into the story I realized just how true it is that "God will never leave you nor forsake you." There is a great lesson about forgiveness throughout the book. What would it feel like to go to your pastor and ask for forgiveness , and their response is, "We don't forgive you?" That hit home for me as I have experienced that very thing. When we ask to be forgiven and the person chooses not to, then that is on them. It took me awhile to understand that but it was a painful but needed lesson for me.

The book is filled with many trials that could make any of us give up, but I loved Carol and Paul's unwavering faith. Though at times hopelessness could sneak in, they overcame every obstacle . Sometimes I wondered how much more could they endure? It is a powerful book that encourages each of us to never give up, hold strong to your faith and trust that God has a destiny for you.

"You must be an extraordinary purpose for your lives and someday you will understand. I know you will help a lot of people who will draw strength from your experiences. You, too, will be stronger for having survived and it will help you as you go through life."

I received a copy of this book from The BookClub Network for an honest review.
https://www.librarything.com/work/15241301/book/133530107
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1734909012
http://deana0326.blogspot.com/2016/08/battered-hope-by-carol-graham...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R35SQI1EG7EIO6/ref=cm_cr...

Deanna:

Your review of Battered Hope was appreciated deeply.  I am so glad that it touched you.  So many times in my life I felt a small portion of what Job might have felt because the trauma seemed never ending.  But I never lost my praise and that is the message I share regularly.  I am also glad that the message of forgiveness came through. That is what I hope to share with anyone who needs to understand how to forgive.  We only hurt ourselves when we harbor unforgiveness.

Thank you again - so very much.

This book is so profound. Once you start  you have to finish. Carol's life is a testimony to the faithfulness of God. Readers get a chance to see how God does work things out for the  good  of those who love  him. Anyone who is going through hard times will find encouragement and hope in reading about the events in her life that shaped her. You will walk away  knowing that you are not alone and you can always choose  to follow Jesus' example. I am so glad to received this book from Bookfun.org  in exchange for an honest review. This review will be posted on Amazon , Goodreads, and Barnes and Nobles etc.

Thank you again, Sonnetta.  Your kind words and reviews are sincerely appreciated.  I am also glad we were able to connect by email and I would love to stay connected.  Hugs and prayers.  Carol

As written on the back of the book:  “Carol Graham is a woman of strength and courage, who actively shares her life experiences as an author, a business owner, a health coach and a motivational speaker.” 

As I read this book I thought to myself, how many mistakes and bad decisions can one person make? And why would you want to write a book about all of your bad mistakes?  But then a light bulb went off in my head.  Ms. Graham is one strong woman.  She is a strong woman who has a great faith in God.  She is a strong woman, one strong enough to let us know some of her mistakes and how she learned from them. 

In her forward Ms. Graham writes—“This memoir, a therapeutic process in countless respects, evolved over many years.  Painful memories were relived in order to share them with you, the reader.  It is the story of my life consisting of diverse traumas that seemed to attack me unaware each time.  I was never prepared for, but always found the strength to endure, the struggles that were often overwhelming.” 

“I chose to write my memoir in the form of a novel which will hold your interest as the story unfolds.  It is a story of strength and tenacity.  It is a story of a woman who never gives up home in the most hopeless of circumstances.”  And that it is Ms. Graham, that it is. Page 3.

This was a great book.  One that will not disappoint.  Ms. Graham gives us glimpses into her life and the failures and success she has had.  What a wonderful life and what a wonderful story.  It is the story of her life.

Thank you Ms. Graham for giving us the opportunity to see inside your life.  I appreciate this opportunity.

I received a copy of this book from bookfun.org in exchange for an honest review.  

Thank you Ramona for your review of Battered Hope.  

Battered Hope by Carol Graham was a great memoir.  Written in an easy to read flow, I enjoyed learning about her life and that of her family.  Her faith in God shines through despite the adversity she experienced throughout.  She speaks of hope despite the obstacles and chooses to trust God over and over. 

"I was given the book by Book Fun (The Book Club Network) and here is my honest review."  

Thank you Cheri for your honest review of Battered Hope and I am glad that God shines through despite the story of despair.

Battered Hope by Carol Graham is an uplifting testament of strength in the face of continued adversity. The author shares, in stark detail, a series of mistakes and poor choices that should have led to a life of despair and defeat. Instead, these life experiences developed in her a tenacity that will inspire the reader to rise above their circumstances, no matter how dire they may seem. Many people would have given up trying to find some light at the end of a seemingly endless tunnel of devastating consequences, but this author did not. I found myself asking why, after all the hurt that had been caused by other people in their lives, would Carol and her husband still trust people. She is a better person than I in that respect. I enjoyed the story and recommend it to anyone searching for hope in the midst of despair or who needs reassurance that things will come out okay if you just trust the One who cares.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from the author through The Book Club Network, Inc., in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own and I was not required to leave a positive review.  This review has been posted on Goodreads, Facebook, Barnes & Noble and Kobo.  I was not able to post my review on Amazon due to some policy issue.  I'm sorry about that.

Thank you so much Vickie.  I am thrilled that you enjoyed Battered Hope and that the message of hope and forgiveness came across loud and clear.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service