Mail-Order Refuge is FREE on Kindle this month. Get it now!! Link Above 

***** REVIEWS FOR BLING! ROMANCE: OUT OF THE FRYING PAN BY MICHELLE GRIEP AND KELLY KLEPFER - 20 PAPERBACKS (US ONLY) - ADDRESSES SENT 11.18.16

Sponsored by Bling! Romance   #ad

ABOUT THE BOOK (276 pages):

When the chef of Sunset Paradise Retirement Village ends up dead, life for sisters Fern and Zula Hopkins is whipped into a froth. Their zany attempts to track down the killer land them in hot water with Detective Jared Flynn. Should he be concerned about their safety or the criminal's? But there are deadly ingredients none of them expect. Drugs. Extortion. International cartels. And worst of all...broken hearts--especially when the Hopkins sisters' niece KC arrives on the scene.
Before the snooping pair gain any headway with the case, it becomes crystal clear that the sisters share a mysterious secret that takes life from the frying pan and into the line of fire.

ABOUT THE AUTHORS:

Kelly Klepfer had ambitions to graduate from the school of life quite awhile ago, but alas . . . she still attends and is tested regularly. Her co-authored cozy/quirky mystery, Out of the Frying Pan, is the culmination of several of the failed/passed tests. Kelly, though she lives with her husband, two Beagles and two hedgehogs in Iowa, can be found at Novel Rocket, Novel Reviews, Scrambled Dregs, Modern Day Mishaps, Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Goodreads and Twitter with flashes of brilliance (usually quotes), randomocities, and learned life lessons. Zula and Fern Hopkins and their shenanigans can be found at Zu-fer where you always get more than you bargained for.    

I hear voices. Loud. Incessant. And very real. Which basically gives me two options: choke back massive amounts of Prozac or write fiction. I've been writing since I discovered blank wall space and Crayolas. I seek to glorify God in all that I write--except for that graffiti phase I went through as teenager.     

PAPERBACKS PAPERBACKS
Helen Jacqueline Robertson
Deana Dick Nyla Kay Wilkerson
Rachael Merritt Penny Marks
Ramona McDavid Mary Hake
Donna McGinnis Connywithay
Paula Young Pamela Morrisson
Vickie Jameson Connie Saunders
Mary Arndt Pam Graber
Amy Smelser Cheri Swalwell
Jackie McNutt Trish Hedrick

Views: 271

Replies to This Discussion

Out of the Frying Pan introduces us to two sisters-in-law who might be considered a little eccentric. It is obvious that Fern and Zulu are very fond of each other but they are complete opposites and Zulu tends to get on Fern's nerves. They do share a common interest in "snooping" and they just happen to run across the body of a dead cook at their retirement community in Florida. This is when our fun begins!

This book is co-written by authors Michelle Griep and Kelly Klepfer and it is an entertaining cozy mystery that is a wonderful mix of humor, suspense, mystery and even a sweet romance between their niece and a young detective assigned to the murder investigation. I hope to have a chance to read more of Fern's efforts to contain the hilarious antics of Zulu as they work together to perfect their mystery-solving skills.

I received a complimentary copy from the authors and Book Club Network. This is my honest review.

My review has been posted on Amazon, B&N, GoodReads and I am sharing on Twitter. Thank you for this chance!

Thank you so much for the review, Connie! I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

I left a review on the author's page, but since someone else has, I will leave here, too.

Out of the Frying Pan by Michelle Griep & Kelly Klepfer is a delightful book centered around a retirement community in Florida. I could see myself as a combination of a couple of the character and at times, laughed out loud at their conversation or antics and would have to explain myself to my husband. The two main characters, Fern and Zula Hopkins, are sisters-in-law living together and are as different as night and day. Fern, the more serious, seems to be a grouchy bear while Zula, the frilly one, dotes on her puppy and beautifying the world with her attire, makeup, and artificial flowers. Fern and Zula do have one thing in common, both are snoopers. When they run across the dead cook of the retirement village who has been murdered, the perfect opportunity for snooping arrives. Good looking Detective Jared Flynn arrives on the scene, and the ladies also develop a plot to connect him with their niece, KC. Unbeknown to them, Jared and KC have already met thru a dating website. The book twists and turns thru the adventures of the two elderly ladies thru a world of drugs, murder, and romance. If you want to read an enjoyable book where the characters are zany and funny, you will want to buy this novel. The characters and plot will not disappoint you. I received a copy from the author and publisher of The Book Club Network in exchange for an honest review. . I also posted reviews on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Goodreads.

Paula, thank you so much for sharing your review! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. 

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service