Sponsored by Olivia Kimbrell Press.  #ad

A Carol for Kent by Hallee Bridgeman

A Ruthless Serial Killer Seeks to End a Love Song Eight Years in the Making. Assistant Commonwealth Attorney CAROL MABRY heads up an investigation into a string of stranglings in Virginia's capital. The serial killer known as Richmond Red remorselessly snuffs out beautiful young women with violin strings before ritually enshrining their lovely lifeless bodies inside a pentagram of blood red candles. Country music superstar BOBBY KENT makes an unscheduled return trip to his Virginia home for the first time in years. To his shock, he discovers that he and Carol have a young daughter, Lisa. His parents have kept Lisa hidden from him her entire life while simultaneously deceiving Carol about Bobby's interest in fatherhood. Angry and hurt over the deception, Carol and Bobby strive to cope with this newly discovered reality. They struggle to overcome harmful secrets and years of lies to decide whether they have a future. Neither of them realize how every waking moment they move closer to the serial killer who harbors an unnatural and deadly obsession. With the beautiful Carol locked in Richmond Red's sights, the clock is ticking down to her destruction. Will the two find love, or is their sonata striking a dangerous final chord?

Hallee Bridgeman is a best-selling Christian author who writes action-packed romantic suspense focusing on realistic characters who face real world problems. Her work has been described as everything from refreshing to heart-stopping exciting and edgy.

An Army brat turned Floridian, Hallee finally settled in central Kentucky with her family so that she could enjoy the beautiful changing of the seasons. She enjoys the roller-coaster ride thrills that life with a National Guard husband, a teenaged daughter, and two elementary aged sons delivers.

A prolific writer, when she's not penning novels, she blogs about all things cooking and homemaking at Hallee the Homemaker(tm) (http://www.halleethehomemaker.com). Her passion for cooking spurred her to launch a whole food, real food "Parody" cookbook series. In addition to nutritious, Biblically grounded recipes, readers will find that each cookbook also confronts some controversial aspect of secular pop culture.

Hallee is a member of the Published Author Network (PAN) of the Romance Writers of America (RWA) where she serves as a long time board member in the Faith, Hope, & Love chapter. She is a member of the American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW) and the American Christian Writers (ACW) as well as being a member of Novelists, Inc. (NINC).

Hallee loves coffee, campy action movies, and regular date nights with her husband. Above all else, she loves God with all of her heart, soul, mind, and strength; has been redeemed by the blood of Christ; and relies on the presence of the Holy Spirit to guide her. She prays her work here on earth is a blessing to you and would love to hear from you. You can reach Hallee at hallee@bridgemanfamily.com

PAPERBACKS
Anita Cook Kris Markovich
Fran Bott  Carol Smith 
Becky Lewis Jackie McNutt
Sonnetta Jones Kay Hodge
Linda Ortiz Donna Cochran
Amy C Pamela Hargraves
Brittany McEuen Connywithay
Donna McGinnis Sarah Baker
Chris Harry Karen Dean
Debora Wilder Kim Ferland
Karen Ketcham Melissa Lemaire
Kelsey Perkins Kristine Morgan
Heather Bireley Marilyn Johnson
Amy Smelser Michelle  Prince Morgan
Chris Granville Sharee

Views: 467

Replies to This Discussion

A Carol for Kent was a very engaging story.  With a little bit of everything from romance, family drama, fame and fortune, to murder and mystery, it was very hard for me to put down.  I was actually feeling some of the very emotions the characters were feeling, especially with the anger and sense of betrayal within the family unit.  While that is taking a toll on our hero and heroine, Carol and Kent, in the background is the ever approaching danger of an unknown serial killer.  I did not know who the killer was until the very end.  I liked how the author included journal entries the killer wrote so we saw a bit of their very disturbed mind.  I had several suspects picked out who could have been doing the very horrendous murders.  This was a very suspenseful read and my first and certainly not my last by Hallee Bridgeman.  Also in the book she shares some recipes and news on her other books.  Her cookbooks look like they would be valuable sources and hilarious with their tongue in cheek titles.  I received this book from The Book Club Network, Inc. (TBCN) and the opinions are my own.

I posted my review on Amazon, Goodreads, Christianbook, Barnes and Noble, Deeper Shopping, and my personal blog:

http://pausefortales.blogspot.com/2014/10/review-carol-for-kent-by-...

A Carol for Kent is the third book in the Song of Suspense series and it is definitely worthy of the series. Hallee Bridgeman once again brings a tale that is suspenseful, romantic and dynamite all the way around. The story could have easily been a standalone book if the reader had not read the first two books.

I loved the characters, the mystery, the plot and the “who done it” perspective. I could not put the book down and was thrilled all the way through the story. It’s definitely a nail biter.

Not only does Ms. Bridgeman weave a complex and twisted tale, she also incorporates important topics like forgiveness and restoration. Sometimes Christian books are written with a Pollyanna approach which makes them unrealistic. I love the way Ms. Bridgeman writes with Christian context that’s not only strong and Bible based, but her characters are realistic and the story is enticing.

A Carol for Kent is a must read, suspenseful mystery that will lure the reader in and have them committed to the story until the final page.  This is the third of Ms. Bridgeman’s books that I’ve read and I am never disappointed in her stories. I totally love her books!

I received this book from the Book Club Network in exchange for my honest opinion.

I posted reviews on: Amazon, Christianbook.com, BarnesandNoble, Goodreads, Facebook, Deepershopping, and wordynerdyblog.wordpress.com

My review:

I have loved every one of Hallee Bridgeman’s books that I have read and A Carol for Kent is no exception! It is book three in the Song of Suspense series and is packed with interesting characters that feel so “real” to me and a suspenseful story line that kept me guessing till the end.

I love the romantic set up in this story. Carol and Bobby find out that they have been lied to for years by Bobby’s parents. They have a child together and Carol was told that Bobby did not want anything to do with her. Meanwhile, Bobby’s parents never told him that he is a father. So, years later, Carol and Bobby have a lot to work through. But, the tension is directed more at the parents who kept them both in the dark for so long. This premise lends itself so well to the theme of forgiveness that runs through the book.

And, wow, the suspense in A Carol for Kent is great! There is a serial killer on the loose who is taking out women around town. The killer is definitely one step ahead of the investigators. How many women will lose their lives before this killer can be stopped? And who is the killer’s ultimate target?

I definitely recommend A Carol for Kent to romantic suspense readers. You can read my review of book one, A Melody for James, here. I am looking forward to reading book four in the series, and I realized that I still need to read book two as well! I will be doing so soon.

I received a copy of this book from the author, through The Book Club Network, in exchange for an honest review, which I have given.

I reviewed A Carol for Kent on my blog, Goodreads, Amazon, B&N, CBD, Deeper Shopping, Google Play, and my Pinterest book review board. The reviews that have direct links are below.

Thanks so much for the chance to read this great story! Brittany

http://brittreadsfiction.wordpress.com/2014/10/28/review-a-carol-fo...

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1090232250?book_show_action=f...

https://play.google.com/store/books/details/Hallee_Bridgeman_A_Caro...

http://www.amazon.com/review/RFEEVZBZPRTY2/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/83879611785828100/

Hallee Bridgeman's A CAROL FOR KENT Is a great read, with thrills, chills and unexpected twists. It shows God's forgiveness and our need to forgive as He forgives us. Carol Mabry, assistant D.A. of Virginia, attempts to figure out who is the psychopath behind a local killing spree.

Carol is a single Mom who is under the impression that her daughters Father wants nothing to do with them. Popular country western singer Bobby Kent her daughters Father comes back into their lives unexpectedly and old wounds are opened. A great deception has been played on them both, will they be able to forgive? Will they be able to start again? Will Carol survive the serial killer?

I particularly enjoyed the suspense and the fact that they turned to God and their Pastor for counsel and did not succumb to societal thinking towards relationships.

This is the first I have read in the series and while it stands on it's own, I now cannot wait to read the preceding books in the series.

Thank you to the author, publisher and Bookfun.org for the opportunity to read this book. I received this book from Bookfun.org in exchange for my honest review. I have also placed reviews on Deeper Shopping, Amazon.com, Goodreads, Barnes & Noble, Christian Book.com Books A Million, Family Christian Store.

What a read!!! Murder, thrills & chills with unexpected twist &

turns!!! These are mixed with family deceit, betrayal and greed.

The mixture also contains forgiveness, faith, friendship, love

and trust.

The book totters between the present and past. This makes the

mystery explainable to the reader while allowing them to learn

the truth about each character. The author knows how to tell a

story that keeps you glued to the pages trying to figure out the

serial killer. The characters are well defined and very realistic.

Carol Mabry, Assistant Commonwealth Attorney is the head

investigator in tracking down a serial killer dubbed Richmond

Red. At the same time the father of her child, Bobby Kent

arrives home after years on tour. Bobby is a big rock star who

has no knowledge of his child, Lisa. His parents have kept the

fact that he has a daughter from him. Both Carol & Bobby have

their own lives which have been separate for eight years.

Will Carol be able to break free from the serial killer? Will the

real identity of Richmond Red be revealed? Will Bobby & Carol

be able to overcome the daily obstacles found in everyday life?

This is the third book in the Song of Suspense series. It can be

read as a stand alone book.

Thank you to book fun.org for this book. My opinion is my own.

I have posted this review on Goodreads, Amazon ,Facebook,

Deeper shopping & Christian books.

I have not read the second book in this series but it was excellent as a stand alone.  I was unprepared for who the killer was at the end which is the way a good book should be.  It should always keep you guessing.  

Thank you for the opportunity to read and review this book.  I have posted my reviews to GoodReads, Amazon, B&N, Christianbook.com, and DeeperShopping.

A Carol for Kent

Song of Suspense #3

By Hallee Bridgeman

An absolutely fantastic inspirational suspense!

I love the characters that Hallee has developed for this novel. Both Carol and Bobby have so much depth to them that they are a joy to get to know. As soon as the deception that they have been living under was revealed my heart broke for all that the two of them, plus Lisa, had missed out on. I have never wanted so badly to see the characters in a book receive their “happily-ever-after” as I did with these characters. The way that they each dealt with everything that life threw at them was amazing. The fact that they both take time to pray is wonderful in my mind. The road that they have to travel to come to the point that they can forgive those who have hurt them is very well written.

The plot caught my attention and pulled me in so thoroughly that I was really trying to figure out who the murderer was. I felt an urgency to ensure the safety of the characters.

Even while I was learning so much about both Bobby and Carol there were brief appearances from a number of characters from both of the previous books in this series. It was very satisfying to catch up with them even as we were seeing how they helped Bobby and Carol deal with their story.

The writing of this novel was an excellent job done by a fantastic writer and I highly recommend it.

I received a free copy of this book through The Book Club Network in exchange for my honest opinion.

I have posted this review on: Goodreads, Amazon, B & N, CBD, Deeper Shopping, BAM!, Kobo, and iTunes. I have also posted a slightly longer version on my blog at: http://godslittlebookworm.blogspot.com/2015/05/a-carol-for-kent-son... 

Thank you for the opportunity to read an review this wonderful book.

request release from reviewing

Courting Calla is a sweet romance written by Hallee Bridgeman.  I have read many of this author’s series and stand-alone titles.  All are exceptional and very entertaining.  Courting Calla is a sweet story about file clerk, Calla Vaughn, and mechanical engineer for the Dixon Contracting firm, Samuel Ian Jones.  Calla’s financial woes causes her to drive a rattle-trap car which one morning strands her in the entrance to the firm, with Ian Jones stuck behind her.  As he graciously pushes her car out of the way, their official meeting takes place.  From there a mistaken floral delivery from Calla arrives addressed to Ian, not to her best friend Sami, and then one thing leads to another.  I thoroughly enjoyed this novel and recommend it to all who like lighthearted, romantic tales.  I received this book through TBCN in exchange for an honest review.  (posted on Amazon, Good Reads, Barnes & Noble, and Books-a-Million)  I could not find where to post this review for Courting Calla so, hopefully, you will see this Hallee.  Waiting for the next one to be sent.  Thanks.  Jackie

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Videos

• Add Videos

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2018   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service