Mail-Order Refuge is FREE on Kindle this month. Get it now!! Link Above 

SUZANNE WOODS FISHER FEATURED AUTHOR OF THE LESSON 5 Book Giveaway

AUTHOR BIO: In no particular order, Suzanne Woods Fisher is a wife, mother, writer, lifelong student of the Bible, host of Amish Wisdom (a weekly radio show), raiser of puppies for Guide Dogs for the Blind, a gardener and a cook...the latter two with sporadic results. 

Suzanne has loved to write since she was a young teen. After college, she started to write for magazines and became a contributing editor for Christian Parenting Today magazine. Her family moved to Hong Kong for four years, just as the internet was developing, and she continued to write articles in a 44-story high-rise apartment, sending manuscripts 7,000 miles away with a click of a key.

After returning from Hong Kong, Suzanne decided to give her first novel a try. For four and a half months, she worked on an antediluvian computer in a cramped laundry room. She didn't even tell her husband what she was up to. When the novel was completed, she told her family at dinner one night that she had written a book. "That's why there's no food in this house!" said her slightly insensitive sons.

Undaunted...Suzanne found a small royalty publisher for that book and wrote three more (all earned multiple). With help from an agent, she has five books currently under contract with Revell. On September 1st, Amish Peace: Simple Wisdom for a Complicated World, a non-fiction book of stories and examples about the Old Order Amish, will be released by Revell. The Choice, a novel about the Amish, will follow on January 1st.

Writing, for Suzanne, is a way to express a love of God and His word. With every book or article, she hopes readers get a sense of what faith really looks like in the daily grind. She hopes they realize that life can be hard, but God is good, and never to confuse the two. 

Suzanne can be found on-line at: www.suzannewoodsfisher.com 

BOOK DESCRIPTION:  In her wildest dreams, spunky and impulsive nineteen-year-old Mary Kate Lapp never imagined herself behind a schoolteacher's desk. A run-in (literally) with the schoolteacher compels her to act as a substitute teacher, just as her restless desire to see the world compels her to apply for a passport . . . just in case. The only thing of interest to M.K. in the sleepy Amish community of Stoney Ridge is the unexplained death of a sheep farmer that coincided with the arrival of a mysterious young man into the community. Frustrated that no one takes the crime seriously, she takes matters into her own hands. Unfortunately, as tends to be the case for M.K., she jumps headlong into trouble.

MANDATORY PLEASE ANSWER ONE OF THE QUESTIONS BELOW TO BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING!

1. Would you like to life in an Amish community? If so why? If not, why?

2. The Amish life style involved a lot of physical labor and hard work. What work would you like to do and what would you wish someone else could do?

3. What do you look forward to reading when you pick up an Amish book? What is the draw for you? What do you enjoy most about them?

********DISCLAIMER: Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the entered in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway event is open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winners will have 3 days to respond to UP-DATE YOUR PROFILE with your mailing information- If we haven't heard from you another winner will be picked. If you have ALREADY UP-DATED your PROFILE to include your mailing information!! You are all SET!! Do nothing!

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING JANUARY 30th  *** WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TBCN 

Views: 901

Replies to This Discussion

#1 No I don't think I would like to live in an Amish Community.  I like to read about their way of life, but I don't think I could do without electricity or the modern conveniences.

I enjoy reading about the Amish way of life because it is a much simpler way than the way I live.  It amazes me how hard they work and how creative they are.  God has certainly blessed them with artistic skill --- in the quilting, sewing and even carpentry work that they do.    Their simpler life takes me back to when I was a little girl and stayed at my aunt and uncle's house.  They were farmers and worked very hard -- there was nothing that they couldn't do -- without all the gadgets and new inventions that we have today.  It was a beautiful time and for a child who had lost her father when she was 5, this was a magical time -- a time  I will always remember.

1.  I would love to live in an Amish community.  I love the idea of a simpler lifestyle, I love the idea of working together as a family, I love the idea of a big sense of community, eating fresh, home cooked meals, enjoying things that don't cost a lot of money.  I love reading Amish books and getting caught up in their way of life.  

Thank you for this opportunity. 

In Him, 

Cheri :) 

#1 - No, we wouldn't care to live in an Amish community because we are city, not country, people.  Manual labor is NOT our forte'.

1. Would you like to live in an Amish community? If so why? If not, why?

I think that I would.  Yes.    But it would have to be a New Order Amish Community because of my beliefs.  I think it would be refreshing to live away from the distractions of this world and to have your neighbors love, support, and help out when you need them. :)

2. The Amish life style involved a lot of physical labor and hard work. What work would you like to do and what would you wish someone else could do?

I think I would love milking, quilting, spinning, sewing, hanging laundry, and doing dishes.  Hmmm I don't think I would like cooking (I don't care for that now so...) and maybe doing the laundry...I'm not really sure I would try anything at least once.

3. What do you look forward to reading when you pick up an Amish book? What is the draw for you? What do you enjoy most about them?

Faith, family, and kindness.  I don't really know why I am drawn to the Amish I just love a lot of their way of life.  Their faith, their sense of community, and (I know this ones going to come off funny) their accents!  I love hearing them speak! LOL! :)

Thank you for the opportunity to win this! :)

~Amada (pronounced: a.m.a.th.a) 

John 14:1-3

i love the amish books because of the peacefulness and the togetherness.

Thank you for the opportunity to win this awesome new book!

I could not handle the hard work and lack of modern conveniences that the Amish are known for. It is always fun to read about their lifestyle but that is as close as I would like to get. Oh, well, the good food would not hurt!!

3.) What I look forward to most when reading an Amish book is reading the details of the overall life of an Amish woman. These woman seem so content and take joy in the smallest things such as smelling the sunshine in the dry clothes (I would love for my clothes to smell like that!)! The draw for me and what I enjoy the most is how simple there lives are and how content they are in there lifestyle! Looking in from the outside it seems so hard to live without electricity or not driving a car, but a buggy instead!

1.  Yes I would love to live in an Amish community, because since I was a kid I have been interested in the way the Amish live.  I think it would be really neat to get to know all the Amish families and even become friends with some of them!

2. I'd love to bake and garden!  I'd rather pass on the canning though!

3. I love to read about their lifestyle, romances and church services!  I enjoy their relationship with God the most, but I also love simple lifestyle!

I LOVE Amish & have been reading Amish books since I was a kid!  I have a growing collection and would LOVE to add this book to my list!

I would like to work in the garden, and taking care of children. I'd hope someone else would work with the animals.

#2 I'm much better cleaning or in the garden than cooking. While I love to bake, I don't like to cook. Just ask my family. =)

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service