SEPTEMBER 2012 - FEATURED AUTHOR SARAH SUNDIN - WITH EVERY LETTER 5 Book Giveaway

ABOUT AUTHOR: Sarah Sundin is the author of A Distant Melody, A Memory Between Us, and Blue Skies Tomorrow. In 2011, A Memory Between Us was a finalist in the Inspirational Reader's Choice Awards, and Sarah received the Writer of the Year Award at the Mount Hermon Christian Writers Conference. A graduate of UC San Francisco School of Pharmacy, she works on-call as a hospital pharmacist. During WWII, her grandfather served as a pharmacist's mate (medic) in the Navy and her great-uncle flew with the US Eighth Air Force in England. Sarah lives in California with her husband and three children.

ABOUT BOOK: Lt. Mellie Blake is a nurse serving in the 802nd Medical Squadron, Air Evacuation, Transport. As part of a morale building program, she reluctantly enters into an anonymous correspondence with Lt. Tom MacGilliver, an officer in the 908th Engineer Aviation Battalion in North Africa. As their letters crisscross the Atlantic, Tom and Mellie develop a unique friendship despite not knowing the other's true identity. When both are transferred to Algeria, the two are poised to meet face to face for the first time. Will they overcome their fears and reveal who they are, or will their future be held hostage to their past? And can they learn to trust God and embrace the gift of love he offers them?

Combining excellent research and attention to detail with a flair for romance, Sarah Sundin brings to life the perilous challenges of WWII aviation, nursing, and true love.
MANDATORY PLEASE ANSWER ONE OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS TO BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING.

1. In Sarah's book With Every Letter she talks about the movie, Shop Around the Corner. Has anyone every seen that movie? If so what was your favorite part?

2. Parts of this book reminded me of You've Got Mail except the correspondence was done through snail mail. The book takes place during war times. Mail was slow moving. If you saw the movie You've Got Mail, what were your favorite parts?

3. Which do you prefer an email or a personal letter you receive in the mail? Why?

********DISCLAIMER:Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the enterer in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway is an author sponsored event and open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is sponsored by the author and is in no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.
Winners will have 2 days to respond to UPDATE YOUR PROFILE to include your name and address - If we haven't heard from you about updating your profile. another name will be picked. If your info is all CORRECT - DO NOTHING - YOU ARE ALL SET!

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING SEPT 21st.

Views: 1292

Replies to This Discussion

Email is great for quickly dellivering information, asking questions and getting rapid responses-There is always time for a quick note, and you can answer whenever it's convenient. Handle everyday details quicker than by phone. However, for personal or emotional messages, let's face it, nothing says real like a card or a letter. It's immediate gratification compared to something you can hold in your hands and keep forever to reread again and again. Love and sympathy notes need to reflect time and thought.

Loved YOU GOT MAIL--the whole enfolding of their relationship by email while the mistaken identity stuff goes on.

You've perfectly detailed the pros and cons of each :)

And I agree- fabulous movie on so many levels.

I prefer an email because it is so easy to reply immediately while keeping a copy of my reply and then filing both in an email file where it is easily found and referred to in the future.

And it takes up a lot less space :)

well, hmmmmm, I love emails and personal letters through snail mail. I send many of both out each week to encourage and uplift others. I like the personal feel of real letters.

Good for you! That's a real ministry, and I know it's appreciated.

My oldest brother was a medic in WWll. I prefer personal letters most, tho not many people do that anymore. It' s as you say, more personal I think. Seems you learn more of what is going on in your family member or friend's life in the hand written letters. And, many years I relive those times when I reread the letters I've saved.And, it makes me smile. Just recently one off my daughters read one she had written to me many years back when her children were small. She had some good laughs as she read it again, also my granddaughter, from her college days, and the early years of her marriage. I still like to write letters, just don't have many that like to write. They'd rather call, or email. Or send a short text message.

That's so true about letters - I especially enjoy watching the handwriting improve as children grow.

My grandfather was a WWII medic too - they didn't get a lot of glory, but they saved so many lives.

I absolutely love email in that you can instantly respond and answer any questions instead of the long wait between letters. I fell in love with someone through letters and it seemed I got to know him through the inside out rather than from outside in/appearance. I always say our hearts collided on the internet, lol. Being a nurse and having an interest in history and romance , I am sure I ould love to read your wonderful book. Thanks for the opportunity to win it.

Oh, what a romantic story! That's what appealed to me about these movies - falling in love with the real person.

Oh, boy! Maybe the snail mail personal letter has a edge, but I am happy to hear from friends and family in any form. Email is great for the speed, particularly when you're sharing prayer requests or need a quick answer to a question. I also like it for sending the same info to all the family at once. However, because a snail mail letter takes more effort for me to write, I assume the writer of a handwritten letter also made an extra push to write me, and that makes it special and valued.

I do love being able to "cc" a huge group. You certainly can't do that with regular mail. But you're right about a letter showing that extra push and thought.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service