NOVEMBER 2015 FEATURED AUTHOR CHRISTMAS JOY RIDE by MELODY CARLSON 5 BOOK GIVEAWAY

ABOUT BOOK: Miranda did not put adventure on her Christmas list, but thanks to her eighty-five-year-old neighbor Joy, that's exactly what she's getting this year. When Joy tells Miranda that she plans to drive an old RV decked out in Christmas decorations from their Chicago neighborhood to her new retirement digs in Phoenix--in the dead of winter, no less--the much younger Miranda insists that Joy cannot make such a trip by herself. Besides, a crazy trip with Joy would be more interesting than another Christmas home alone. Unemployed and facing foreclosure, Miranda feels she has nothing to lose by packing a bag and heading off to Route 66. But Joy has a hidden agenda for their Christmas joyride--and a hidden problem that could derail the whole venture. No one captures the heartwarming fun of the Christmas season quite like Melody Carlson. Fasten your seat belt, because it's going to be an exciting ride! 

ABOUT AUTHOR: Melody Carlson has written more than 200 books (with sales around 6.5 million) for teens, women a

nd children. That's a lot of books, but mostly she considers herself a "storyteller." Her novels range from serious issues like schizophrenia (Finding Alice) to lighter topics like house-flipping (A Mile in My Flip-Flops) but most of the inspiration behind her fiction comes right out of real life. Her young adult novels (Diary of a Teenage Girl, TrueColors etc.) appeal to teenage girls around the world.

Her annual Christmas novellas become more popular each year. She's won a number of awards (including Romantic Time's Career Achievement Award, the Rita and the Gold Medallion) and some of her books have been optioned for film/TV. Carlson has two grown sons and makes her home in the Pacific Northwest with her husband and yellow Lab dog. To find out more about Melody Carlson, visit her website at http://www.melodycarlson.com/

MANDATORY ANSWER ONE OF THE QUESTIONS BELOW TO BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING!

1. Which holiday are you most likely to travel and see friends. Christmas or Thanksgiving?

2. What was your most memorable road trip - Joy Ride? What made it memorable? Fun?

3. If you could go on a Joy Ride - Road Trip where would you go what would you do?

********DISCLAIMER: Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the entered in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway event is open to USA Only!! This giveaway is no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winners will have 3 days to respond to UP-DATE YOUR PROFILE with your mailing information- If we haven't heard from you another winner will be picked. If you have ALREADY UP-DATED your PROFILE to include your mailing information!! You are all SET!! Do nothing!

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING IS LAST DAY OF MONTH*** WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TBCN  

Views: 514

Replies to This Discussion

Thanksgiving!

We just came back from our First Family Road trip to visit our oldest son in Naval Boot Camp in Chicago. He left for book camp the beginning of October. Our reunion was sweet. We were able to bring our youngest with us on this trip. We've never been to Chicago before. They had 11 inches of snow before we got there. Chicago was bigger than I had expected. The only thing my older son wanted to do was have Chicago Style Pizza. We picked him up at 9 am and had Pizza for breakfast. It was wonderful to catch up with him. I can't believe how much he's grown up in this short a time! THANKS EVERYONE for sharing here. IT was fun to hear about ALL your Road Trips!! FUN!!

Most memorable road trip started with us in Pennsylvania racing South ahead of an ice storm to Atlanta, then on across the South in a diesel pusher to California and up the West Coast going home to Seattle.  L.o.v.e.d. overnighting a stone's throw from The Gulf on our way to Louisiana! :) 

I enjoy traveling but hubby likes to stay home, so I don't usually  travel for holidays.

The book sounds fun. I have enjoyed reading previous books by melody. She s a great author

Question 1. We are most likely to travel at Christmas time. This year is the first year we traveled out of state for Thanksgiving, but it wasn't really for Thanksgiving, it was for a wedding the day after. At Christmas we have more time off.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Videos

• Add Videos

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2018   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service