MARCH 2013 MOONLIGHT MASQUERADE by RUTH AXTELL REVELL 5 Book Giveaway

ABOUT AUTHOR: Ruth Axtell is the author of thirteen novels, including Wild Rose, one of Booklist's Top Ten in Christian Fiction. Currently a resident of Downeast Maine, Axtell has lived in the Canary Islands, Miami, and the Netherlands.

ABOUT BOOK: Lady Celine Wexham seems the model British subject. French by birth but enjoying life in 1813 as a widowed English countess, she is in the unique position of being able to help those in need--or to spy for the notorious Napoleon Bonaparte. When Rees Phillips of the British Foreign Office is sent to pose as the countess's butler and discover where her true loyalties lie, he is confident he will uncover the truth. But the longer he is in her fashionable townhouse in London's West End, the more his staunch loyalty to the Crown begins to waver as he falls under Lady Wexham's spell. Will he find the proof he needs? And if she is a spy after all, will he do the right thing?

MANDATORY ANSWER ONE OF THE QUESTIONS BELOW TO BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING!

Three questions to ask readers:

1) What do look for in Christian romances?

2) What time period to you most enjoy reading about?

3) What do you prefer reading, digital or paper books?

********DISCLAIMER: Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the entered in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway event is open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winners will have 3 days to respond to UP-DATE YOUR PROFILE with your mailing information- If we haven't heard from you another winner will be picked. If you have ALREADY UP-DATED your PROFILE to include your mailing information!! You are all SET!! Do nothing!

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING *** WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TBCN  

Views: 953

Replies to This Discussion

3) What do you prefer reading, digital or paper books?

I much prefer digital books.  I read faster, have instant access to a dictionary for new words, and holding an e-reader is less painful for my hands than holding a book for long periods of time.  I always have my e-reader with me, so I have a wonderful selection of reading materials at all time at my fingertips.

Wed March 20th,

I enjoy reading books from a time period of many years ago ... like between the 13th and 16th centuries -- midieval times.   The days of knights, and kingdoms, and/or vikings, and 'damsels in distress'.   Still - Christian romance, threaded with historical facts too.   Maybe it's because life was SO extremely difficult back then, surviving was a fight-for-life, and the characters' determination and will to venture forward in the face of all adversity -- I find so exciting and adventurous.   I enjoy reading about their human strengths and weaknesses, and how they eventually overcome.

Thank-you for the opporutnity of a chance to win "Moonlight Masquerade" by Ruth Axtell.

Take care, and, God Bless,                                    In Him,   Brenda Hurley                   (brennie7@hotmail.com  

Question #1:  I look for real scenarios--not just the cookie-cutter type of "everything always ends up perfect".  I want them to be real life where the characters share their stuggles and shares their real feelings, frustrations,  and how they call on and depend on God.

Question #2:  I love the Civil War and World War II era of stories.

Question #3;  I would have to say it's close to a tie on what I prefer reading.  I have always loved paperback (hardback) books--love to hold them, the smell of them  and seeing them on the shelves of my library.  Love going into the bookstores and just spending hours (literally)  and going through them all on the shelves--picking them up and reading what they are about on the back of the book.  I also really enjoy my Kindle.  So easy to take on trips and vacations (even though I have at least 4 paperback books with me too!! LOL!!!). 

Your book sounds so good--thanks for the chance to win it!!

Blessings,

tab :)

Perference on reading.  I have a Kindle but there is nothing like holding a real book, looking at the back, reading the index, reading the notes - everything!

I love ancient history romances the most. And paper back beats digital any day but at night I like digital because  I can read it without a flashlight.

I enjoy most historical novels, but I guess my first choice for time period would be the 1800's when the US was really developing as a nation. I enjoy books set in England too...

I prefer paper books, but do have a Kindle and it can be convenient at times!

My favorite time period is late 1800's and in the western/cowboy genre. Thank you for this contest!

Wanda

I love all three questions.  I love historical novels of any period - but favorite (right now) is WWI or English Regency.  I love reading any books, print or kindle, but ... still an old-fashioned girl and preference would be print book.  I also have loved reading all the answers to the questions.  Your book sounds wonderful and I'm so glad for the chance to win.  However, I already feel like a winner because I've never read any of your books - and now feel I've discovered a "new" author.  What fun to play catch up with all your books.  Best of luck with this newest book and all future endeavors. 

3. I love paper backs, but I don't mind the digital. 

# - I'm still a fan of paper books, love the feel and I'm a bit technologically challenged. It is hard to take enough books when I go on a vacation, so maybe someday I'll progress to the digital format.

I like digital.  But that is probably because of my age.  I have been collecting books for 55 years and don't have room for what I've got!  Also, it is easier to hold a kindle for me and to turn the pages.  And, as an added plus, I can change the size of the font.  (On the down side, I see more errors in digital books than I see in print.  I think they aren't edited as well.  But that's okay, too, because it exercises my mind to have to remember proper English grammar and spelling! )  If I REALLY like a book, I go out and buy copies to give to people I think would also enjoy it.

I prefer paper books. I love the feel of a book, and like having my bookcase full and stacks on the floor.

I don't have a kindle, but I have put short stories on my pc. I find it hard to sit at the computer that long and read comfortably. I do occasionaly listen to audio books.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service