Mail-Order Refuge is FREE on Kindle this month. Get it now!! Link Above 

CLICK ON BOOK COVER FOR BOOK DESCRIPTION

ABOUT AUTHOR: Suzanne Woods Fisher is the bestselling author of the Lancaster County Secrets series, The Keeper, and The Haven, as well as nonfiction books about the Amish, including Amish Peace. Her interest in the Anabaptist cultures can be directly traced to her grandfather, who was raised in the Old Order German Baptist Brethren Church in Franklin County, Pennsylvania. Suzanne is a Christy Award finalist and a Carol Award finalist, the host of the internet radio show Amish Wisdom, and a columnist for Christian Post and Cooking & Such magazines. She lives in California. For more information, please visit www.suzannewoodsfisher.com and connect with her on Twitter @suzannewfisher.

ABOUT BOOK: Naomi King, soft spoken, loyal, and easily overlooked, has a gift. She sees what others can't see. Intuition, she calls it. Others in Stoney Ridge don't know what to make of it and dismiss her hunches and inklings altogether. 

When a young woman arrives at the Inn at Eagle Hill with a shocking secret about Tobe Schrock, Naomi fears the worst. She can't ignore the feeling that something sinister is at work-- something more than a threat to the tenuous love begun between her and Tobe. 

As signs mount, they begin to point to Jake Hertzler, the elusive mastermind behind Schrock Investments' downfall. Soon, events spiral hopelessly out of control and Naomi must decide whether to listen to her head or her heart.

MANDATORY ANSWER ONE OF THE QUESTIONS BELOW TO BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING!

1. Brooke Snyder is a talented but hopelessly insecure young woman. Her aunt Lois said she was always copying because she never found her “original.” Her original self, she meant. How did Brooke’s crippling insecurities about herself make her vulnerable to taking the wrong path? With work? With men? What a message for those of us who struggle with insecurity! And don’t we all…

2. The novel touches on many themes (love, family, forgiveness, second chances). What do you think are the most important?

3. Another theme in the book is the idea of forgiveness, of second chances. How did you feel when Rose Schrock sent a message to Jake Hertzler to tell him he was forgiven, even though she knew he probably wouldn’t even care. Why was it important for her to let her children know that was the intention of their family?

4. What did you think was ultimately the book’s lesson? 

********DISCLAIMER: Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the entered in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway event is open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winners will have 3 days to respond to UP-DATE YOUR PROFILE with your mailing information- If we haven't heard from you another winner will be picked. If you have ALREADY UP-DATED your PROFILE to include your mailing information!! You are all SET!! Do nothing!

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING IS LAST DAY OF MONTH*** WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TBCN  

Views: 532

Replies to This Discussion

2. Family and Forgiveness.  

I think family comes first when it comes to decisions, invitations to events, etc.  Our son has a bone to pick with my brothers and won't invite them to his wedding or any events.  This frustrates me.  He needs to forgive if he feels offended and move on,  Family will and should always be there for us and we shouldn't shut them down.  

I'd love to win and read Suzanne's book-I enjoy her books and Amish fiction,  Sharon

Q2. If I had to pick one I would say second chances because when we mess our lives up, God does give second chances through His love. Mercy and Forgiveness.

I think forgiveness is a tough subject for most people, definitely including me.  Even though I grew up in a Christian home and have been a Christian for most of my life, forgiveness is still a hard area for me.  I mostly have trouble with forgiving myself!

susanlulu@yahoo.com

2. The novel touches on many themes (love, family, forgiveness, second chances). What do you think are the most important?

I feel that these are all important, but if I had to choose I would say love and forgiveness are the most important. The Bible says that love covers a multitude of sin. I feel that love is such a powerful and amazing thing to experience. Forgiveness is not only freeing the one in the wrong, but also freeing you from bitterness, resentment, anger, and hurt. When you truly understand love and forgiveness it will be easier to give second chances especially to family members who have hurt or wronged you. All of these things go together, but until you understand and value love and forgiveness family and second chances won't matter very much.

The novel touches on many themes (love, family, forgiveness, second chances). What do you think are the most important?

Love is the most important thing. I know that I will not forgive if I do not recall what love really is. That is challenging for me. Without love we families will be destroyed and there will be no second chances. I think of who God is and how he reveals his love for me when I sin whether intentionally or not. He is patient, He protects, He forgives, He trusts and He never fails. Love is what we all need to overcome anything in our lives. Not the  world's definition but God's definition.

3. It is important for children to learn to forgive, whether the other person wants to be forgiven or not. It is healing.

I think the most important thing is Unconditional love and loyalty!

Second chances are important because if my daughter had not had a second marriage, I would not have two beautiful grandsons.

Our insecurities can cripple us - as I well know.  Why?  Because my Mother always hated her Mother-in-law which she named me after and always treated me worse than my two sisters.  So I struggle with feeling loved by anyone. 

All the themes are important

I think forgiveness.  You have to be able to forgive in order to love & give people second chances.  Forgiveness is more for yourself than others anyway. I believe in order to be whole, you have to be able to forgive.

Love and forgiveness. Forgiveness is very hard because although we can say we forgive someone it is the forgetting that is hard. I know I struggle with it every day in regards to a certain matter.  Love is for everyone even if you are not sure what it is or how to show it.

I think that love and forgiveness are the most important.  Everything kinda falls under love.  If you don't forgive someone it just hurts you.

2. I feel that love and forgiveness are the most important. We know the two greatest commandments are to love God above all others and to love our neighbors as ourselves. If we can't love others then we are disobeying our Father. And how can we expect Him to forgive us when we cannot forgive? If we can achieve these two goals, then love of family and second chances will follow. Thank you Suzanne for this thought-provoking question.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service