Mail-Order Refuge is FREE on Kindle this month. Get it now!! Link Above 

IRENE HANNON FEATURED AUTHOR of VANISHED 5 Book Giveaway JANUARY 2013

AUTHOR BIO:  Irene Hannon is the author of more than 35 novels, including the bestselling Heroes of Quantico and Guardians of Justice series. Her books have been honored with two coveted RITA Awards from Romance Writers of America, a Carol Award, a HOLT Medallion, a Daphne du Maurier Award, and two Reviewers' Choice Awards from RT Book Reviews magazine. Booklist also included one of her novels in its "Top 10 Inspirational Fiction" list for 2011. She lives in Missouri.

For more information about her and her books, Irene invites you to visit her website at www.irenehannon.com 

BOOK DESCRIPTION:

Reporter Moira Harrisons is lost. In the dark. In a thunderstorm. When a confusing detour places her on a rural, wooded road, she's startled by the sudden appearance of a lone figure caught in the beam of her headlights. Though Moira jams on her brakes, the car careens across the wet pavement--and the solid thump against the side of the vehicle tells her she hit the person before she crashes into a tree on the far side of the road. 

A dazed Moira is relieved when a man opens her door, tells her he saw everything, and promises to call 911. Then everything fades to black. When she comes to an hour later, she is alone. No man. No 911. No injured person lying on the side of the road. But she can't forget the look of terror she saw on the person's face in the instant before her headlights swung away. The person she hit had been in trouble. She's sure of it. But she can't get anyone to believe her story--except a handsome former police detective, now a private eye, who agrees to take on the case.

MANDATORY PLEASE ANSWER ONE OF THE QUESTIONS BELOW TO BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING!

1. What do you look forward to reading when you pick up a suspense, mystery book? 

2. When you are reading a suspenseful mystery book that is Christian Fiction, what do you expect to find? Why do you read a Christian Fiction Suspenseful book and not a secular one? What is the difference for you?

3. What do you think is too graphic to put into a book? What makes you put the book down and say I don't want to read about this and that? I'll have nightmares? Or this grosses me out. The author could have said or showed this situation to where I could have imagined what happened instead of showing me every detail.

**NOTE*** Irene Hannon's book is not graphic, she does a GREAT JOB of leaving things to your imagination. I like that. I was just curious as to what you felt about the above topics.

********DISCLAIMER: Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the entered in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway event is open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winners will have 3 days to respond to UP-DATE YOUR PROFILE with your mailing information- If we haven't heard from you another winner will be picked. If you have ALREADY UP-DATED your PROFILE to include your mailing information!! You are all SET!! Do nothing!

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING JANUARY 30th  *** WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TBCN 

Views: 1000

Replies to This Discussion

I read Christian Fiction rather than secular because of the sex and language in a lot of the secular books.  I don't have to worry what I am going to come across when reading Christian material.

I don't read a lot of suspense/ mystery books but when I have, they have been recommended by someone or it is one that our book club is reading.   I seem to always enjoy them -- the Christian ones don't have the sex, swearing or the horrible graphics that I know are in secular books.   My sister has started reading some of those kind and usually ends up bringing them back to the library without finishing them.   Thanks for writing something that can be suspenseful with a Christian message of hope and redemption!  

When I read a Christian suspense book, I expect to find as much suspense as in a secular book. These books are so hard to put down! My heart races and I just have to keep reading to find out what happens next! What I do NOT like reading are gory details, swearing, and graphic sex scenes. I think Christian suspense writers are very talented because they can write a gripping story without those "extras" that really aren't necessary to the story anyway.

As Mary Higgins Clark once said, Pam, you don't need those things to tell a compelling story. I heartily agree!

I read a wide variety of suspense/mystery both Christian & Secular. When I pick up a book I 99% of the time read the first few pages to see if it will hold my attention and gauge how good the writing actually is. I want a book that is void of language & sexual images & innuendo - I can handle a little but will put it down if I can't skip over it without falling into it again and again and again.  In fact, I will return it to the store if the books is awful!

Thanks for the giveaway. Tina 'the book lady'

familyliteracy2(at)gmail

#2 - We read Christian suspense because it doesn't have bad language and sex in it.  Robert Whitlow and Randy Singer are every bit as good as John Grisham but without language and sex.

2. When you are reading a suspenseful mystery book that is Christian Fiction, what do you expect to find? I expect to find a suspenseful mystery to keep me turning the pages and cannot be predictable.

Why do you read a Christian Fiction Suspenseful book and not a secular one?

I know a Christian Suspenseful book will not have sexually explicit scenes.

What is the difference for you?

The difference for me is enjoying a book without having to worry about it's content.  I avoid books with foul language or sex scenes.  There are many ways to leave things up to the reader's imagination without using either.

I love the twists and turns and the fact that the author can come up with so many awesome plots that I could never think of myself.  It's truly a chance to get lost in a book and forget about the world for a while.  

Thank you for this opportunity. 

In Him, 

Cheri :) 

A good suspense novel has to also have great character development for me to enjoy the ride. I have to care about the characters.  And I read both Christian and secular mysteries and suspense novels....and find that there are excellent authors in both.  And I buy all of Irene's books for our church library as they are very popular!

Thank you, Dorothy, for populating your library with my books! And it's great to hear they're popular. That's music to an author's ears!

I much prefer Christian suspense to secular. I like being able to read a suspenseful book with no profanity..and no graphic scenes.

I enjoy suspense because it involves good overcoming wrong/bad/evil.  I read Christian suspense because I simply cannot allow my heart and mind to be dredged through the vile profanity, morals, sex, explicit violence, etc.  Irene Hannon writes and exceptionally good book and I get enough of "suspense" in the way she handles the situations and the characters.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Birthdays

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service