FEBRUARY FEATURED AUTHOR JANICE THOMPSON - PICTURE PERFECT 5 BOOK GIVEAWAY

About the Author: Janice Thompson is a seasoned romance author and screenwriter. An expert at pulling the humor from the situations we get ourselves into, Thompson offers an inside look at the wedding business, drawing on her own experiences as a wedding planner. She is the author of the Weddings by Bella series and the Backstage Pass series. She lives in Texas.

Weddings by Design (Book 1) 

Feisty wedding photographer Hannah McDermott has dealt with her share of difficult brides. But none can compare to the ultimate Bridezilla she's dealing with now. Still, she's trying desperately to impress Bella Neeley, Galveston Island's most sought-after wedding planner, so she can take the top spot in Bella's list of recommended photographers--a spot currently occupied by her arch-rival, Drew Kincaid. What she doesn't count on, however, is falling head over heels for the competition.

MANDATORY ANSWER ONE OF THE QUESTIONS BELOW TO BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING!

1. What wedding pictures do you think are important to capture on that special day?

2. What did you have or what do you want to experience on your wedding day?

3. What surprised you and/or blessed you about your own wedding day or someone elses' you attended?

4. What do you think or have you had at the reception that grabbed your heart, or made you laugh? (you might have a comment for both Grin!)

5. What would be your dream wedding day? What do you hope to experience? What did you experience on your wedding day that you hadn't expected but Glad it happened?

********DISCLAIMER: Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the entered in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants.

This giveaway event is open to USA & Canada Residents Only!! This giveaway is no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winners will have 3 days to respond to UP-DATE YOUR PROFILE with your mailing information- If we haven't heard from you another winner will be picked. If you have ALREADY UP-DATED your PROFILE to include your mailing information!! You are all SET!! Do nothing!

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING FEBRUARY 28th *** WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TBCN 

Views: 791

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the offer to enter this contest!  I love reading and would enjoy reading this too!

1.  My regret at our wedding was that we forgot to ask someone to take photos of the guests.  I wish we had done this so that when my husband mentions one of the guests, I would know what they looked like (Particularly ones who came only to the wedding and we haven't seen for a long time since).

4.  When my step-daughter got married a couple of years ago, they chose to be married at a remote lake where they enjoy fishing.  The wedding was at 9:00 a.m. in a small clearing near the lake.  After the wedding, we had some photos taken.  Within half an hour of that, the entire wedding party changed into casual clothes and went fishing for the food for the wedding meal!  My husband and I stood there rather surprised!  We drove into town to buy a cake for dessert!  Most memorable!

Wedding pictures: With family, parents especially. Both of mine are now deceased, and I treasure the few pictures I have of them--most of them come from my wedding.

the most important pictures are of friends and family members who are celebrating with you, and one really great romantic picture of the bride and groom gazin into one another's eyes.

I think the pictures that are not planned are the best wedding pictures.Capture the ones where the couple are looking at each other or sharing something just betwwen them.Thanks

#3 That simple is better and that unexpected changes don't have to be a bad thing. I look back on my wedding with happy memories because my husband and I laughed our way through the hiccups and just enjoyed ourselves. It's only the beginning of something amazing, not the entirety.

I think it is important to capture memories of that special day for future generations.  Family pictures are important and I especially enjoyed candid shots that were taken.

1) A beautiful picture on the wedding day is one of the bride getting ready and looking in the mirror. Capture that from the back and you have a picture of the dress, both front and back, and the look of expectation on the bride's face.

The wedding pictures that are most important and really capture the day is that of the wedding ceremony itself at the church.  It is the most important part of the day~~without that,  there is not point.

When my daughter was married, one of the hymns that was sung happened to be my favorite one.  I didn't know that it was going to be sung and that was when I cried.  With all the other preparations that had to be done, she thought of making that day special for me.

Would love to win a copy of this book.  Thank you for the opportunity.

#1 - Wedding pictures I think are important are of course, the bride and groom and wedding party, but also family groups to look back on for years to come. Some candid shots of the reception remind families of the fun that was had during the event.

Back when we got married (42 1/2 years ago!) using a unity candle was a fairly new practice. It was very meaningful to us. Our daughten did that but also added taking communion with her new husband. What I have now learned from Ray vander Laan about Jesus' departure from the normal Passover ceremony to bring in that era's  "cup" of the betrothal ceremony, made that inclusion thrill me to my soul!

Essentially, Jesus said, "With this cup I give you my life." By taking it, we agree to be His bride and to give Him our lives in return. 

In a Christian wedding where the participants proclaim that GOD is joining them together, celebrating their relationship to Him as the hope as well as the basis for their new union seems very fitting and very profound.

2) My husband and I had begun planning to have a church wedding with just our close family and friends but for some reason my preacher husband who could preach in front of a crowd with no problem was freaking out about getting married in front of one LOL. Since it was a second wedding for both of us I took pity on him when he came and asked me to marry him THAT day. He called our pastor and his wife and they met us at a hotel, they married us and the rest is as they say history. We'll be married 16 years this may.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service