DECEMBER 2015 FEATURED AUTHOR EVERY GIRL GETS CONFUSED by JANICE THOMPSON 5 BOOK GIVEAWAY

ABOUT BOOK: Katie Fisher and Brady James may be a match made in heaven, but that doesn't seem to guarantee them a happily ever after accompanied by angelic choirs. In fact, the sounds being heard at the bridal shop where she works are on the contentious side lately, as a bride- and groom-to-be try to mediate the growing rivalry between their basketball-obsessed families in the middle of play-off season. On top of that, Katie's parents are nagging her to get out of Dallas and come home to tiny Fairfield where her former boyfriend Carson is waiting for her, ready to rekindle their relationship. Oy vey! What's a girl to do? And will she ever be able to wear that gorgeous wedding dress she won? The breezy fun continues as Janice Thompson throws everyone's favorite small-town girl into big-city bridal chaos--and makes her choose between the love she thought she lost and the love she stumbled upon in the aftermath.

ABOUT AUTHOR: Inspirational author Janice Thompson also writes under the name Janice Hanna. She got her start in the industry writing screenplays and musical comedies for the stage. Janice has published over 100 books for the Christian market, crossing genre lines to write cozy mysteries, historicals, romances, nonfiction books, devotionals, children's books and more. In addition, she enjoys editing, ghost-writing, public speaking, and mentoring young writers. She was thrilled to be named the 2010 Barbour/Heartsong Author of the Year, with three books on the top ten list for that house. Janice is active in her local writing group, where she regularly teaches on the craft of writing. Her online course, "Becoming a Successful Freelance Writer" (www.freelancewritingcourses.com) has been helpful to many who want to earn a living with their writing. Janice is passionate about her faith and does all she can to share the joy of the Lord with others, which is why she particularly enjoys writing. She lives in Spring, Texas, where she leads a rich life with her family, a host of writing friends, and two mischievous dachshunds. She does her best to keep the Lord at the center of it all. You can find out more about Janice at www.janiceathompson.com  or www.freelancewritingcourses.com . Her Facebook page can be located here: https://www.facebook.com/JaniceHannaThompson 

MANDATORY ANSWER ONE OF THE QUESTIONS BELOW TO BE ENTERED INTO THE DRAWING!

1. If you could have a dream wedding what would it look like? (If you are already married; how about a renewing of your vows - you can have the big bash or intimate ceremony you never had)

2. If you could have a DO-OVER on your wedding day what would you do differently?

3. What would be your DREAM Honeymoon destination?

********DISCLAIMER: Entering the give away is considered a confirmation of eligibility on behalf of the entered in accord with these rules and any pertaining local/federal/international laws. Void where prohibited; odds of winning depend on number of entrants. 

This giveaway event is open to USA Residents Only!! This giveaway is no way affiliated with Facebook or Twitter.

Winners will have 3 days to respond to UP-DATE YOUR PROFILE with your mailing information- If we haven't heard from you another winner will be picked. If you have ALREADY UP-DATED your PROFILE to include your mailing information!! You are all SET!! Do nothing!

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING IS LAST DAY OF MONTH*** WINNERS ANNOUNCED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF TBCN  

Views: 323

Replies to This Discussion

If I could have a do-over on my wedding, it would have just been my husband, myself and the pastor. I have very painful memories from our wedding, so I love to read ones where they are funny, good and romantic. I live vicariously through the characters authors write about .

If I ever had a wedding I would lie it to be simple. Close friends and family in a church by a minister. I don't have fantasy wedding dreams, never have and never will. 

My dream honeymoon would be Alaska.

Cliche but I'd love to go to Niagra Falls for a second honeymoon. Then go to Macinac Island.

If I could have a do over for my wedding, I would have bridesmaids that really cared about me and not those that felt duty bound.  I found no joy in them other than my sister.

I would love to go anywhere warm for a honeymoon. Right now the wind is whistling around my house and is pretty chilly so thinking about warm places is about all I can do! Would love to see Maui or Puerto Rico or Aruba or Cancun or...Yeah, lots of places but not enough funding. :)

1. It would be nice to do a renewal of vows at the beach, perhaps alongside a few other couples doing the same. It would need to be under pleasant weather conditions, maybe at sunset.

2. The only do over for my wedding would be that we stayed at a downtown hotel which happened to be on a prom night. Someone had gotten into our room and left it a mess before we arrived.I wish I could have made other arrangements to correct that.

3. We went to Yellowstone during the first year of our marriage. It was in September after most tourists had left. It snowed at Mammoth Hot Springs, and we were the only ones there. It was romantic with the snow gently falling and the steam from the springs rising. I always thought we would get back there, but we haven't. It would make for a great second honeymoon destination.

My dream destination for a second honeymoon would be Sanibel Island, Florida.  I traveled there once with a group of friends and loved it.  Going back with my husband would be wonderful - the ocean and the stars at night, ahhh....

#3 - I have been married over 49 years. Looking back to the day my wife and I got married, my dream honeymoon destination was wherever she was. We didn't have a lot of money back then because we got married so young, so things like cruises, a trip to Hawaii, etc. were out of the question. We simply wanted to be together.

If I could have a do-over wedding I'd do it exactly the way we did it.  We got married in the judge's chambers.  My parents and his cousin & wife were there.  Thirty-three years later we've never looked back or regretted not doing something bigger.  

My dream honeymoon destination would be Hawaii.

If I could have a do over, I'd have the same meaningful and intimate wedding ceremony but my reception would be very different!  I'd have a pig roast with corn on the cob and bake potatoes.  I'd tell all of my guests to bring a change of clothes and enjoy the fun!

If I could do a do-over of my wedding day I would ask for more help instead of trying to do so much on my own. We had the wedding at my husband's home in the backyard. He and I did the decorating and set up ourselves. I was doing the music when it was time to go down the aisle with my son. Friends had asked and I thought there wouldn't be that much to do but I was wrong. If I had had help I would have enjoyed the day, my guests, and the joy of getting married rather than being frazzled at the end of the day. 

Thank you for this book giveaway opportunity, Janice!

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Birthdays

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service