DRAWING STARTS 

MAY 21st

BOOK BLURB: In two days, wealthy Chicagoan, Anna Hartwell, will wed a man she loathes. She would refuse this arranged marriage to Lyman Millard, but the Bible clearly says she is to honor her parents, and Anna would do most anything to please her father--even leaving her teaching job at a mission school and marrying a man she doesn't love. The Great Chicago Fire erupts, and Anna and her family escape with only the clothes on their backs and the wedding postponed. Father moves the family to Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, where Anna reconnects with Rory Quinn, a handsome immigrant who worked at the mission school. Realizing she is in love with Rory, Anna prepares to break the marriage arrangement with Lyman until she learns a dark family secret that changes her life forever.

ABOUT AUTHOR: Raised in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, Pamela has published articles in Today's Christian Woman, Christian Computing Magazine, Victory in Grace Magazine, Ancestry Magazine, Christian Fiction Blog Alliance Ezine, and the ACFW Ezine, Afictionado. Her true story, Like Son, Like Father, appeared in His Forever (Adams Media). She has served as a sign language interpreter for her church and is a leader of a women's Bible study group. 

Her author tagline, "Take a Sentimental Journey" describes her stories, both contemporary and historical, as most are centered in small Wisconsin towns.

Her books include Thyme for Love, a contemporary mystery-romance, Love Finds You in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, What Lies Ahead, a novella in The Bucket List Dare anthology, and Second Chance Love, a romance set at a rodeo in downstate Illinois. Just out is If These Walls Could Talk, a novella in Coming Home, A Tiny House Collection. Coming in June, Surprised by Love in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin (a reissue of LFY in Lake Geneva, WI). 

Pam now resides in Illinois with her two rescue cats. She's not too far from her native Wisconsin, where you will often see her nosing around for more story ideas.

MUST ASK ONE QUESTION

TO BE ENTERED INTO DRAWING

1. What do the words Safe Refuge mean to you?

2. What does the cover of the book convey to you?

3. Do you judge a book by it's cover? If so, explain. If not share what draws you to a book?

CONGRATS TO NAMES DRAWN BELOW

WinterRose

Bonnie Kaiser

Robin Willson

Anne Rightler

Caryl Kane

I've send your contact information to the author. Happy Summer! Thanks for participating. I appreciate the way your answered the questions.

If you have any question please feel free to contact me nora@bookfunmagazine.com

Nora St.Laurent

#AD Contest Sponsored by Author/Publisher

Views: 227

Replies to This Discussion

1. It reminds me of scripture that talks about the Lord bring a strong tower, where the righteous run to and are safe. Running and safe reminds me of a runner at a baseball game, dashing for the next base, or even home plate, and the ref yells and signals Safe! 

3. I do love a beautiful cover but the old saying is true that you cannot judge a book by it's cover. I have read wonderful books with terrible covers and found terrible books with gorgeous covers. I may be drawn first to a cover that is well done but that doesn't mean I will buy it. I also will read the synopsis and even take a peak at the first chapter before I decide. But usually, I already know what book am looking for when I go book shopping. I follow all my favorite authors on social media and follow a couple of christian fiction pages on facebook where I can discover knew authors based on the recommendations posted by others in the group.

3. Yes I do tend to judge a book by it's cover. It usually sets the tone for the book.  I really like Christian Historical stories - and I can usually tell by the cover if that's what it is. If it looks modern, it's not as likely to be what I want. But that being said, if it catches my eye then I will look at the description and see if I am hooked. (This is a nice cover by the way ;) )

1. Safe Refuge reminds me that Jesus is my place of safety.

3. I like a variety of covers such as bold colors, silhouettes and heroines. 

I do judge a book by its cover.  If it looks sloppy or obviously photoshopped, it gives the impression that the content will not be as well crafted.  Thanks for the giveaway! 

3. I do not judge a book by the cover being blind i rarely will see a cover. i like to judge it by the description and uathor that i've read before. i do give first time authors a shot at a book review also.

thanks for the chance,

Julie

3.  If I have not read or heard anything about the book to lure me in, the cover is supremely important.  It has to be attractive and entice me to want to know more.  This one looks very alluring.  Thanks.

1. A place where I know that no true harm can come to me. God is our safe refuge because He shelters us from true harm. Oh , we may suffer physically but He will guard us from the Evil One!

3. Book covers often grab my attention but the contentc determines my final choice.

I do look at the cover but mostly I read the back blurb or am loyal to certain authors, knowing whatever they’ve written is probably good!  

Question # 2 

It looks like that beautiful women is looking longingly at something.

Question #3 I hate to admit it, but sometimes I do judge a book by its cover.  Sometimes the cover is too racy or seductive-looking.  Sometimes a cover looks very dark or scary.

Question #1  Literally safe refuge is a place to run to so that you can be safe.  For me Jesus is my safe refuge.

Sorry, I answered 3 questions - I wasn't sure which one I liked.

Do I judge a book by it’s cover?

My answer is a big NO.  I read mostly ARCs sent to me by various book review groups I am a member of, authors, and publishers.  If I receive an ARC e-copy there is no cover at all, and if I am sent a paperback ARC copy lots of times the cover is not the final one.  Often when I am sent an ARC the author or publisher will ask me to view the cover selections after I have read the book for my opinion as to which one would best work with the story.  It is always fun to see when the book is published if the cover I selected was picked.

1. Safe Refuge to me is synonymous with the word "haven".  It's a place of peace, a place of security, a place of warmth.  It's a place no enemy can breach.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service