DRAWING STARTS 

JUNE 21st

runs til end of month

BOOK BLURB: In two days, wealthy Chicagoan, Anna Hartwell, will wed a man she loathes. She would refuse this arranged marriage to Lyman Millard, but the Bible clearly says she is to honor her parents, and Anna would do most anything to please her father--even leaving her teaching job at a mission school and marrying a man she doesn't love. The Great Chicago Fire erupts, and Anna and her family escape with only the clothes on their backs and the wedding postponed. Father moves the family to Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, where Anna reconnects with Rory Quinn, a handsome immigrant who worked at the mission school. Realizing she is in love with Rory, Anna prepares to break the marriage arrangement with Lyman until she learns a dark family secret that changes her life forever.

ABOUT AUTHOR: Raised in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, Pamela has published articles in Today's Christian Woman, Christian Computing Magazine, Victory in Grace Magazine, Ancestry Magazine, Christian Fiction Blog Alliance Ezine, and the ACFW Ezine, Afictionado. Her true story, Like Son, Like Father, appeared in His Forever (Adams Media). She has served as a sign language interpreter for her church and is a leader of a women's Bible study group. 

Her author tagline, "Take a Sentimental Journey" describes her stories, both contemporary and historical, as most are centered in small Wisconsin towns.

Her books include Thyme for Love, a contemporary mystery-romance, Love Finds You in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, What Lies Ahead, a novella in The Bucket List Dare anthology, and Second Chance Love, a romance set at a rodeo in downstate Illinois. Just out is If These Walls Could Talk, a novella in Coming Home, A Tiny House Collection. Coming in June, Surprised by Love in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin (a reissue of LFY in Lake Geneva, WI). 

Pam now resides in Illinois with her two rescue cats. She's not too far from her native Wisconsin, where you will often see her nosing around for more story ideas.

MUST ASK ONE QUESTION

TO BE ENTERED INTO DRAWING

1. When you go on vacation do you mostly vacation near water or stay close on land?

2. Has any one been to Lake Geneva, Wisconsin and/or close to it? If so what did you do there? What surprised you about the place?

3. If you are a water person what do you like to do on the water? Ski, snorkle etc. 

If you have any question please feel free to contact me nora@bookfunmagazine.com

Nora St.Laurent

#AD Contest Sponsored by Author/Publisher

Views: 234

Replies to This Discussion

1. It all depends on what our vacation is! Sometimes we camp on the shores of Lake Michigan, other times we travel to a fun place to visit relatives, other times to sight see in parks. We love it all!

With the exception of vacations to visit family, we vacation near water.  Lake Superior is our go to summer destination.

Thanks for the chance to win a gift card!

One of my favorite ways to spend a vacation is to go fishing with my family.  We have so much fun!  We are from North Dakota.  Our favorite fishing is Parshall Bay by Parshall, ND.

It depends on where I am going. If I stay on land it is with the understanding that I will hit the beach at some point. I love being by the water. It is calming, peaceful and powerful.

Land, I am definitely a land person!

I like dry land.  I get seasick.

1. Most of our vacation time is spent on land. 

3. II can' swim so I am limited to activities around water.

Thank you for your giveaway.

I mostly stay on the land when I go on vacation.  I'm more a mountain person than a water/beach person, probably because I grew up in a valley surrounded by mountains.  I do love mountain lakes, but they're usually pretty cold for swimming, so we just wade in the shallows a bit. 

I love vacationing on land, but love cruising

I;m not a water person, but do enjoy watching it--the movement of waves or a stream brings peace.

I love both water and land, but I had cherished all of my holidays spent near water. It's beauty and power always attracts me. 

1. No vacation since 1993, but water is my preference. 

2. Never been to Lake Geneva, Wisconsin.

3. Always interested in everything on, under, and around the water. 

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service