DRAWING STARTS 

JUNE 21st

runs til end of month

BOOK BLURB: In two days, wealthy Chicagoan, Anna Hartwell, will wed a man she loathes. She would refuse this arranged marriage to Lyman Millard, but the Bible clearly says she is to honor her parents, and Anna would do most anything to please her father--even leaving her teaching job at a mission school and marrying a man she doesn't love. The Great Chicago Fire erupts, and Anna and her family escape with only the clothes on their backs and the wedding postponed. Father moves the family to Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, where Anna reconnects with Rory Quinn, a handsome immigrant who worked at the mission school. Realizing she is in love with Rory, Anna prepares to break the marriage arrangement with Lyman until she learns a dark family secret that changes her life forever.

ABOUT AUTHOR: Raised in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, Pamela has published articles in Today's Christian Woman, Christian Computing Magazine, Victory in Grace Magazine, Ancestry Magazine, Christian Fiction Blog Alliance Ezine, and the ACFW Ezine, Afictionado. Her true story, Like Son, Like Father, appeared in His Forever (Adams Media). She has served as a sign language interpreter for her church and is a leader of a women's Bible study group. 

Her author tagline, "Take a Sentimental Journey" describes her stories, both contemporary and historical, as most are centered in small Wisconsin towns.

Her books include Thyme for Love, a contemporary mystery-romance, Love Finds You in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, What Lies Ahead, a novella in The Bucket List Dare anthology, and Second Chance Love, a romance set at a rodeo in downstate Illinois. Just out is If These Walls Could Talk, a novella in Coming Home, A Tiny House Collection. Coming in June, Surprised by Love in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin (a reissue of LFY in Lake Geneva, WI). 

Pam now resides in Illinois with her two rescue cats. She's not too far from her native Wisconsin, where you will often see her nosing around for more story ideas.

MUST ASK ONE QUESTION

TO BE ENTERED INTO DRAWING

1. When you go on vacation do you mostly vacation near water or stay close on land?

2. Has any one been to Lake Geneva, Wisconsin and/or close to it? If so what did you do there? What surprised you about the place?

3. If you are a water person what do you like to do on the water? Ski, snorkle etc. 

If you have any question please feel free to contact me nora@bookfunmagazine.com

Nora St.Laurent

#AD Contest Sponsored by Author/Publisher

Views: 192

Replies to This Discussion

1. It varies...sometimes we go to the Outer Banks and enjoy the beach, but that is years apart so not very often.  But I love the beach...gathering sea shells, wading in the water and visiting the lighthouses there.   We also like to go to Pigeon Forge / Gatlinburg, TN areas (not near water).  The mountains are beautiful and there is a lot to do there.  Two years ago I vacationed for the first time in Montreal, Canada with my eldest son/grandson/daughter-in-law to visit her parents.  That was a fun trip with site seeing of the local sites (all on land) and it snowed while we were there as it was in March.  This July I am going to back to Montreal, Canada with my son/grandson, which I am excited about.

Thank you for a chance to win a gift card.

Blessings, Tina

Q1 I haven't been on a vacation in a really long time. When I used to take vacations it was on the Washington Peninsula so by the water. But that was when i lived closer to water...lol Now I'm on dryyyyyy land again in Northern Utah.

1.  I like to vacation near water—ocean or lakes.  I think that scenery is peaceful and relaxing.  Would love to win the gift card.  Thank you.

I like being near water when on vacation. Can be anything from a pool to the ocean!

I’ve always said when I retired I wanted to live near the water whether the ocean, river, lake, creek or mud hole. My husband and I go traveling in our RV whenever we get the chance and I get to camp near the water in lots of places!

I’ve never been to Lake Geneva but would love to someday. We vacation near water and close to land, though the kids haven’t been on a cruise yet. 

When my family goes on vacation, we usually go near water. Our vacationing is usually camping in summer, and water is the only way to cool down. Plus, it’s fun! I haven’t been to Lake Geneva, but I’ve been living in Wisconsin for a couple months now and might make it out there later. 

Thank you you for the awesome giveaway!

I enjoy visits to water in many ways.

In the water,  I enjoy swimming,  snorkeling,

and tub rafting!  Also,   I really enjoy searching for

seashells...

Thanks, Cindi

I am having difficulties getting a message to post. We love to vacation in the mountains. We just love the majesty and splendor of the mountains.

3. I love to swim! 

#3. I am a water person for sure. We used to go to Lake Michigan yearly, but family responsibilities has put an end to that. We do take day trips to Lake Huron now. At Lake Huron we swim and hunt for Petoskey stones. I also love to lie on the beach and listen to the waves, read my book and soak up the warmth of the sun, with sunscreen of course. :) Please enter me in the giveaway. Thank you.

We love to be near the water!  We raised our family living in the Finger Lakes region of NY so were blessed to enjoy every type of water sports.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Another Important Poll

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Videos

• Add Videos

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2018   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service