APRIL DRAWING STARTS  APRIL 21st

BOOK BLURB: In two days, wealthy Chicagoan, Anna Hartwell, will wed a man she loathes. She would refuse this arranged marriage to Lyman Millard, but the Bible clearly says she is to honor her parents, and Anna would do most anything to please her father--even leaving her teaching job at a mission school and marrying a man she doesn't love. The Great Chicago Fire erupts, and Anna and her family escape with only the clothes on their backs and the wedding postponed. Father moves the family to Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, where Anna reconnects with Rory Quinn, a handsome immigrant who worked at the mission school. Realizing she is in love with Rory, Anna prepares to break the marriage arrangement with Lyman until she learns a dark family secret that changes her life forever.

ABOUT AUTHOR: Raised in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, Pamela has published articles in Today's Christian Woman, Christian Computing Magazine, Victory in Grace Magazine, Ancestry Magazine, Christian Fiction Blog Alliance Ezine, and the ACFW Ezine, Afictionado. Her true story, Like Son, Like Father, appeared in His Forever (Adams Media). She has served as a sign language interpreter for her church and is a leader of a women's Bible study group. 

Her author tagline, "Take a Sentimental Journey" describes her stories, both contemporary and historical, as most are centered in small Wisconsin towns.

Her books include Thyme for Love, a contemporary mystery-romance, Love Finds You in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, What Lies Ahead, a novella in The Bucket List Dare anthology, and Second Chance Love, a romance set at a rodeo in downstate Illinois. Just out is If These Walls Could Talk, a novella in Coming Home, A Tiny House Collection. Coming in June, Surprised by Love in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin (a reissue of LFY in Lake Geneva, WI). 

Pam now resides in Illinois with her two rescue cats. She's not too far from her native Wisconsin, where you will often see her nosing around for more story ideas.

MUST ASK ONE QUESTION

TO BE ENTERED INTO DRAWING

I'm going to let you ask the questions this month.

PLEASE Ask ONE Question you'd like to know the answer to. It could be about the book, about the topic and/or a question for the author.

NAMED DRAWN FOR SAFE REFUGE

CONGRATS

KAREN BROOKS

HANNA

JULIE CIRKA

BECKY BOERNER

Please SEND PAM your contact information

pamsmeyers@gmail.com

If you have any question please feel free to contact me nora@bookfunmagazine.com

Nora St.Laurent

#AD Contest Sponsored by Author/Publisher

Views: 331

Replies to This Discussion

What piqued your interest in the Great Chicago Fire, for an author who usually centers her fiction in small Wisconsin towns?

Lynda, if you go to page one on this topic you'll see I answered that question. The fire is connected to my small hometown that is where the story is set. Blessings and thanks for asking!

Thanks!  I missed that somehow!

Sounds like an old story with a new twist.  In other words, would love to read this book.  I also studied sign language and helped to set up a deaf ministry in our church.  I worked at Shocco Springs Baptist Assembly in Talladega, AL for two summers (on the regular staff) and we had 3 girls that were deaf.  They taught me some sign language then I went to the Heller Keller School for The Deaf and Blind in Talladega to attend sign language classes to help set up the ministry at our church.  Reading about your ministry with the deaf caught my attention.  Unfortunately I wasn't able to continue in our ministry due to my husband's job moving us to another state.  The ministry is still going strong in our old home church.  I praise God for that.

That's awesome Pat. You were God's chosen instrument to start that ministry and then he moved you on. So great that it's still going on today. 

What books from your childhood influenced you to become a writer?

I'm not sure that any books I read influenced me to become a writer, because the notion of becoming a writer didn't happen until well into adulthood when I returned to college to get my degree. I loved reading chapter books and later, Nancy Drew and Trixie Belden books. If anything that stuck with me, it was a book called Geneva Summer that was set at a camp on Geneva Lake and was a very clean romance between two camp counselors. The characters went into town and a lot of landmarks were named which made it a lot of fun to read. I think as I started to write stories I remembered the book and decided I, too, wanted to set stories set in Lake Geneva. I did find Geneva Summer on the internet and bought a copy of it. It's fun to look at it and think about how, as a young girl, I so much enjoyed the book, never dreaming that one day I'd have not just one book set in Lake Geneva, but several!

What do you hope readers come away with from your books?

A satisfied  entertaining read. My books all have a inspirational thread and I hope from that aspect they have a hunger to know God more than before they read the story. Thanks for asking!

This book seems so interesting!! My question: what is your best tip to those struggling with writer’s block? 

Hi Hanna,

I think the best thing you can do is to start writing. Not necessarily on your WIP but free write. Use writing prompts. Some people find using pen and paper works better than a computer keyboard. 

When writing stories do you get inspiration from personal experiences as well as location inspiration or do you look for new ideas in the areas you visit and people you meet?

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service