GIVEAWAY EVENT - Kicks off at

"Live" Chat

FEBRUARY 19th at 8 PM

Eastern Standard Time

ABOUT BOOK: CALLA VAUGHN has spent the last three years desperately trying to get her life in order so that she can go back to culinary school. No matter how hard she works, though, she feels like she is just treading water and can't see any way out of the hole dug for her by a con artist who stole her identity. When flowers she sends to her best friend with a dinner invitation accidentally get delivered to IAN JONES, she decides to cook him the best meal he's ever had. By the time she admits that the flowers were never for him, he is as convinced as she is that God orchestrated the mistake in the first place. All that's left is to tell him the dark secret about her father's widow. She waits a little too long, though, and is carted off to jail for questioning on felony charges before she gets a chance. Will Ian understand her situation, or will the deception surrounding Calla destroy any trust he has in her?

ABOUT AUTHOR: With over half a million sales, Hallee Bridgeman is a best-selling Christian author who writes action-packed romantic suspense focusing on realistic characters who face real world problems. Her work has been described as everything from refreshing to heart-stopping exciting and edgy. Hallee loves coffee, campy action movies, and regular date nights with her husband. Above all else, she loves God with all of her heart, soul, mind, and strength; has been redeemed by the blood of Christ; and relies on the presence of the Holy Spirit to guide her.

MUST ANSWER ONE QUESTION

TO BE ENTERED INTO DRAWING

1. What do you look forward to when you read a romance story?

2. Do you read straight up romance stories OR do you enjoy a little suspense, thriller back drop to a romance story? Do tell?

3.  What are you reading now?

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me nora@bookfunmagazine.com

Nora St.Laurent

#AD Contest Sponsored by Author/Publisher

Views: 417

Replies to This Discussion

I am listening to the audio book of Artemis Fowl. Not a romance, but it sure is making time in the kitchen fun.

I like romance with suspense in the mix. I am reading  Brenda Novak’s Book HELLO AGAIN right now.

Many times I read straight up romance stories. However, I do mix it up from time to time, and I enjoy some mystery or suspense. I wouldn't go as far as to say that I like thrillers because they stick with me for too long, and I can't sleep. I do like some funny romance stories though.

I definitely like a little suspense mixed in. Makes  the story more of a page turner!

kathyrobinson11@comcast.net

I am reading The Saturday Night Supper Club by Carla Laureano. I read Christisn fiction, suspense, Amish, Historical, contemporary . Each genre gives me a taste of s different era or place to get lost in. 

Courting Calla by Hallee Bridgeman
This book starts out with Calla and her car on the way to work has stopped working at the gate to the parking lot.
Others help her move the car and she really appreciates it. While filing-her job at The Dixon Brother Designs Company she calls and wins a flower arrangement so she sends it to her friend Sammy who helped her get it towed away.
Problem is the flowers are delivered to Ian Sam Dixon instead and the note states he has to show up Saturday night for dinner and he does. She doesn't divluge the mixup til later. He loves her culinary skills as he enter her apartment where herbs are growing.
Thanksgiving plans are changed and she ends up at his grandmother's and she brings some food that they love. Their meal starts out with prayer and she's more inspired to like him even more.
She had dropped out of culinary school due to identity theft.
Story follows as Ian and Calla have made the yearly mission trip to Haiti and all that occurs there.
Upon their return she is handcuffed and taken away-her stepmom is the problem again because of all the bad debt. Probably the best thing for her but Ian is slighted and thinks she only wants him to spend money to bail her out.
With the lawyers help she can get a second chance but she's broken inside and she asks God for guidance. He sends her a verse from the Bible and she has to go with it and make it right.
Excerpts and summaries of the other works in this series is included.
Love charity work they are able to perform and praying at meals-something that is not openly done any longer is so many instinces.
Readers guide at the end and also a bonus in this book are the recipes at the end.
More books by the author are highlighted at the end along with a personal note from the author..
Received this review copy from the author via The Book Club Network at BookFun.ORG and this is my honest opinion.

Posted to Amazon, Librarything, my blog, facebook, twitter, pinterest, Linkedin, google. Will post to Goodreads, bookbub, barnesand noble, booklikes when the site allows me access.

I enjoyed this story. Here is my review that I posted on Amazon.

I immediately connected with Calla. She is so friendly and loyal. It was a joy watching has she discovered who she truly was and begin to life out her dreams. This is a wonderful story of forgiveness and redemption.

Thanks Julie and Caryl for your reviews!

I am reading Storm Front and loving it.

Courting Calla
By Hallee Bridgeman
Published by Olivia Kimble Press
ISBN#978-1681901129
186 Pages

ABOUT BOOK: CALLA VAUGHN has spent the last three years desperately trying to get her life in order so that she can go back to culinary school. No matter how hard she works, though, she feels like she is just treading water and can't see any way out of the hole dug for her by a con artist who stole her identity. When flowers she sends to her best friend with a dinner invitation accidentally get delivered to IAN JONES, she decides to cook him the best meal he's ever had. By the time she admits that the flowers were never for him, he is as convinced as she is that God orchestrated the mistake in the first place. All that's left is to tell him the dark secret about her father's widow. She waits a little too long, though, and is carted off to jail for questioning on felony charges before she gets a chance. Will Ian understand her situation, or will the deception surrounding Calla destroy any trust he has in her?

REVIEW: First Line…“Calla Vaughn felt that tell tale shudder of the car through her seat just as she started to pull through the gate. “No, no, no,” she said out loud, as if the machine might actually hear and decide not to die in the middle of the post-lunch rush to the parking deck.”

Ian saves the day by pushing her car to safety. This is a guy she’s liked for three years from afar. This is the first time they’ve met. She couldn’t believe it had to be like this. I instantly connected with Calla. She’s friendly and loyal and mixed up in something too big for her to handle by herself.

I enjoyed this sweet, clean fun romance story with important things to think about. Calla has special culinary gifts when it comes to making most anything, but she had no super powers when it came in dealing with her step-mother. Calla doesn’t know how to stand up for herself and how to stop playing the victim. I respected and appreciated how this author dealt with recognizing broken things in our heart, recognizing and taking the time for healing; finding out who you are; then proceeding with personal relationships. I liked how she handled the themes of forgiveness, and redemption during all that.

This author includes five recipes you can enjoy Chicken Florentine, French Bread, Sautéed Green Beans, Wild Rice, and Basil Infused Whipped Cream. There are twelve discussion questions to help generate lively discussion at your book club meeting.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received a complimentary copy of this book from Book Fun site www.bookfun.org . I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”

Nora St. Laurent
TBCN Where Book Fun Begins! www.bookfun.org
The Book Club Network blog www.psalm516.blogspot.com
Book Fun Magazine https://tinyurl.com/y9lwbfrs
SVP Promotion

Courting Calla by Hallee Bridgeman is a delightful romance that begins The Dixon Brothers Series. Having read several other stories from this other, I kind of knew what to expect and was not disappointed. I like her style and her honest and redemptive approach to realistic struggles that her characters have. The main characters (Calla and Ian) have depth and reality, and their emotions, strengths, and foibles resonate well with readers. This is a sweet story of trust, forgiveness and, of course, romance and I am looking forward to reading more in this series. Included in the book is a section with recipes for a suggested luncheon menu to enjoy while perhaps hosting a group discussion for the book. The author also added a list of questions for that group discussion.
I received a complimentary copy of this book from Book Club network. A favorable review was not required and opinions are my own. Posted a review on Goodreads and Amazon.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service