DRAWING STARTS AUGUST 21st

CHASING PEARL
by Hallee Bridgeman
Published by: Olivia Kimbrell Press

BOOK BLURB: A package lost in the mail since 1940 brings a modern couple together in a miraculous.

Bestselling author VIOLET PEARL lives a perfectly content life: she helps run The Texas Pearl, her family’s inn, lives with her sister and grandmother, and attends a great church just a block from home. She has never left her little corner of Texas and has no desire to do so now. In her spare time, Violet mentally travels to far off New York City, 1944, to solve crimes as the widow Mandalynn Clementine, the savvy sleuth in her murder mystery novels.

US Army First Lieutenant CHASE ANDERSON feels like he needs a change. From his duty station in Hawaii, he receives a job offer in the civilian market at the same time he’s asked to coach a pee wee football camp hosted by his alma mater, Texas A&M. Chase decides to take leave and coach the summer camp, intending to also check out the job offer. He has no idea God has other plans for him.

When a time-worn postal package arrives at the inn addressed to Chase Anderson with a 1940 postmark, Violet and Chase discover that his great-grandfather had also visited the inn as a guest all those years before. The box brings them together in a miraculous way, and their feelings for each other begin to grow.

Will Chase resign his commission and live out his days in College Station? Or is Violet willing to break out of her perfectly contented shell and experience life beyond her little corner of Texas?

For VIOLET PEARL and CHASE ANDERSON to end up together, one of them will have to make a huge change. A message from God arrives in the form of a package from 1940. This humble box brings their hearts together even though they live and work thousands of miles apart. They each must listen closely to understand the message to close the distance.

ABOUT AUTHOR: With more than half a million book sales, Hallee Bridgeman is a best-selling Christian author who writes action-packed romantic suspense focusing on realistic characters who face real world problems. Her work has been described as everything from refreshing to heart-stopping exciting and edgy.

An Army brat turned Floridian, Hallee finally settled in central Kentucky with her family so that she could enjoy the beautiful changing of the seasons. She enjoys the roller-coaster ride thrills that life with a National Guard husband, a college student daughter, and two elementary aged sons delivers.

A prolific writer, when she's not penning novels, you will find her in the kitchen, which she considers the 'heart of the home'. Her passion for cooking spurred her to launch a whole food, real food "Parody" cookbook series. In addition to nutritious, Biblically grounded recipes, readers will find that each cookbook also confronts some controversial aspect of secular pop culture.

Hallee loves coffee, campy action movies, and regular date nights with her husband. Above all else, she loves God with all of her heart, soul, mind, and strength; has been redeemed by the blood of Christ; and relies on the presence of the Holy Spirit to guide her. She prays her work here on earth is a blessing to you and would love to hear from you. You can reach Hallee at hallee@halleebridgeman.com

https://www.amazon.com/Hallee-Bridgeman/e/B007OVNXZW/ref=sr_ntt_src...

MUST ANSWER ONE OF THE QUESTIONS BELOW TO BE ENTERED IN DRAWING

1.  If you could have anyone in the world stop by for a visit, who would it be and what would you do?

2. If you could live in a past era just so you could go to a few places in time and to wear the clothes in fashion , when would it be and where would you go? What would you like to wear?

3. If you could go back to one place you have been in your life, where would you go and what would you do?

CONGRATS TO EVERYONE

You'll get an email from the publisher

(I have sent your email address to them)

Victoria Pless
Julie Barrett
Becky Tower
Sonnetta Jones
Carrie Gould
Debbie Holbrook
Virginia Winfield
Dana Michael
Jacqueline Robertson
Gail Hollingsworth
Cindy Regnier
Mary Hake
Bonnie Kaiser
Mary Crawford
Laura Maxfield
Nora St.Laurent

If you have any question please feel free to contact me nora@bookfunmagazine.com Nora St.Laurent #AD Contest Sponsored by Author/Publisher

Views: 149

Replies to This Discussion

3. I think the most fun time I've had is the vacation we took when our children we almost or just teens. We went to the east, Boston, Washington DC, etc. It was fun to see all the historic sites. I'd revisit those sites again.

3. Would want to go to the depression years and to see how the Waltons really lived, off the land so I could learn more things.

Thanks for the chance.

#2. I really love the Regency Era and its clothing. However, I would like to step back in time to when Adam and Eve walked the earth and wore clothing that God provided. 

I would go back to Trinidad  with  my sisters  and mom. We would go to the beach with my nieces and  nephews and just enjoy each others  company.

One of my favorite vacations was to Gettysburg and Harper's Ferry.  I would love to take my boys to see the monuments built there. 

I would revisit Washington, D.C. and go up the Washington Monument! I didn't get to do that and I have always regretted that.

I want to go back to Washington, D.C. to see the Smithonian.  I was there about 30 years ago and have wanted to go again.

I just read an Edwardian era novel set in Great Britain.  I would so love to visit a day back then.  I loved the dresses. So feminine and pretty.

#3.  Puerto Rico.  I would explore places where we did not go before like exploring  the rainforest and kayaking at night in the waters.

I would go back to St. Thomas in the Virgin Islands. I was able to go there on a cruise when I was in my early twenties and it was so beautiful!

2. I would go back to the late 1800s, my favorite time in history. I would like to be a homesteader on the prairie for a firsthand look about what life was really like in the era I like to write about.

I would go back to being a young mother and be more relaxed and encouraging.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Another Important Poll

Birthdays

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Videos

• Add Videos

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2018   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service