ABOUT AUTHOR:

Max Elliot Anderson grew up as a struggling reader. After surveying the market, he sensed the need for action-adventures and mysteries for readers 8 – 13, especially boys.

Using his extensive experience in the production of dramatic motion pictures, videos, and television commercials, Mr. Anderson brings that same visual excitement and heart-pounding action to his stories. Each book has different characters, setting, and plot.

Ten middle grade books are published, ten more are under contract, with several additional manuscripts completed. Young readers have reported that reading one of his books is like actually being in an exciting movie.

He is also a short story staff writer for Knowonder.com Magazine.

Site: http://middlegradeadventureandmystery.blogspot.com

MUST ANSWER ONE of the Following Questions to be ENTERED into the Drawing.

1. What middle reader books has your family enjoyed?

2. What was a favorite middle reader book you read as a kid?

3. What series of books did you devour as a kid? Have you gotten your children/grandchildren interested in them? If so how?

CONGRATS TO AMY HOLBROOK

Your name as been drawn for the Kindle Fire HD8

Max Anderson has your contact information He will be getting with you.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at nora@bookfunmagazine.com 

Views: 613

Replies to This Discussion

#2.  I would choose Anne of Green Gables as a Middle Reader book, although some of my h.s. students did book reports on it.  I would love to win.  Thank you so much.

I think Anne of Green Gables is definitely a middle school book, but if high school students are reading it, I’m happy they’re reading!

I absolutely loved all of the original Nancy Drew and Hardy Boy mysteries.  I also read the Bobbsey Twins,  I was a voracious reader since I had asthma and my activities were limited.  

Sweet Valley High with the twins were one of my favorites. Since I am a twin I love to read stories about other twins.

One of my favorite middle reader books will always be Where the Red Fern Grows.  It made me laugh and cry.

I grew up with my mother's Happy Hollister book series. I adored them and my kids read them now!

My brother and I always loved fantasy books. I think my favorite fantasy author was Wayne Thomas Batson. I also really liked Chuck Black, The Miller Brothers, and a series by Jerry B. Jenkins and Chris Fabry called "The Wormling Series". 

Now, outside of fantasy, I LOVED all of Lois Walfrid Johnson's books, but ESPECIALLY her "Viking Quest" series!

p.s. I also really enjoyed the Anne of Green Gables and Elsie Dinsmore series', along with Little Women and An Old-Fashioned Girl by Louisa May Alcott. 

I read the whole baby sitters club little sister series! thank you for the chance

I read everything I could get my hands on. I especially loved Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew, and Trixie Beldon series.

I have loved reading from a very young age. I read the entire Nancy Drew, Hardy Boys and Trixie Belden series. My boys do not love books the way I do, which is disappointing, but if they find a book that interests them they will read it. I'd like to introduce your books to my 12 year old. We like reading action/adventure books together. Thank you for the chance to win a Kindle. 

Vickie, I grew up hating to read. These adventures and mysteries are patterned after many of the dramatic films I was a part of for most of my life. I hope they work well with your boys.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Birthdays

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service