GIVEAWAY STARTS

MAY 21st

BOOK BLURB: A woman’s desperate search for her kidnapped child 
A father seeking forgiveness for an unconscionable act
Only when they join forces, can they save their son

Lady Isabel Ashton longs to marry a nobleman and live out her days in the wealth and privilege she is accustomed to as the daughter of an earl. But her plans went awry when she was kidnapped and ravished by a notorious pirate captain. Scorned by society and banished by her family to live on the island of Jamaica, Isabel decides to keep her baby. But then her precious child is kidnapped. Desperate to find him, Isabel soon discovers she must accept the help of the one man she hates most in the world—the boy's father. 

Determined to win the heart and forgiveness of the woman he ravished, Captain Kent Carlton searches every port in the Caribbean for Isabel. Drowning his sorrows in rum and cards, he has all but given up when an acquaintance informs him, first of the child’s existence, and then of the kidnapping and Isabel's whereabouts. Thrilled Isabel agrees to accept his help, Kent soon finds himself involved in a plot of deception and revenge that threaten to destroy both him and Isabel and keep them from their son forever. 

ABOUT AUTHOR: Award winning and best-selling author, MaryLu Tyndall dreamt of pirates and sea-faring adventures during her childhood days on Florida's Coast. After obtaining a degree in Math and working as software engineer for 15 years, she decided to test the waters as a writer. With now more than seventeen books published, she makes no excuses for the deeply spiritual themes embedded within her romantic adventures.

As a follower of Christ, her stories often reflect her own journey and walk with God. Her hope is that readers will not only be entertained but will be brought closer to the Creator who loves them beyond measure. In a culture that accepts the occult, wizards, zombies, and vampires without batting an eye, MaryLu hopes to show the awesome present and powerful acts of God in a dying world. MaryLu makes her home with her husband, six children, two grandkids, and three cats on the California coast, where her imagination still surges with the sea.

CONGRATS

Christina McBride

MUST ANSWER ONE QUESTION

ENTER INTO DRAWING

1. What makes you care about a character in a novel?

2. Which is your favorite? Books written in First person? Or in third person?

3. What turns you off in a story? What makes you stop reading it?

4. How long do you read a book before you give up on it all together?

THANKS for helping TBCN The Book Fun Place To Be

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at nora@bookfunmagazine.com

Nora :o)

TBCN Where Book Fun Begins!

AD/Author sponsored page

Views: 118

Replies to This Discussion

I care about a character that is in situations that test what they are made of and come out stronger and more humble than even before. 

I rarely stop a book I’ve started but if it has numerous characters that are hard to follow or a confusing plot I’m tempted to lay it aside.

Consistent foul language and descriptive intimacy scenes will make me ditch the book. Otherwise, I plow on thru even if I am having a difficult time connecting to the story. I guess I just am one of those people who doesn't give up!

3. Two things turn me off. 1. Too worldly (language, sex, etc.) 2. Poor editing.

#3 What turns me off in a story is extreme violence and cursing. I want to spend my reading time being inspired, fulfilled, and entertained. :)

I rarely ever deliberately stop reading a book - but sometimes it just doesn't capture my attention so I put it down and start reading something else.  Next thing I know months have gone by and it is still sitting there.   There have been times that I have gotten a book recommended to me and after discovering the foul language, I stop reading.

I am quickly turned off by books with vulgar language.  There is no need for that to make a story good.

Question 3. Vulgar language and sex. Nope... not interested...

#2: Both are fine with me. But most of the time  I prefer  third person.

# 3: To much smut in the book. 

#2 I perfer books written in third person. :)

I prefer books in the 3rd person.

Third-person narrative is my favorite and the kind I prefer over others, but there are some first person books that I really like.  I can't stand books written in the present tense.  I prefer a clean read.

Bad words and sex scenes in a book turn me off - I will stop reading the book.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service