GIVEAWAY EVENT - Kicks off TODAY MARCH 20th

ABOUT BOOK: Alexia D'Clere didn't ask to be Protector of the Spear, but after her dying mother gave her the tiny metal object and made her promise to keep it safe, she had no choice. Orphaned at age eight, she began to take over the running of her parent's castle with the help of a trusted steward. Yet, when a plot to murder her was revealed, a friar whisked her away to live hidden in the forest. There, she learned to shoot expertly with bow and arrow and hone her skills to see into the spirit realm. 

Now, at eighteen, Alexia continues to keep the Spear protected, provide meat for the starving village, while secretly caring for her ill sister who still lives in the castle. With Alexia's powers of spiritual discernment and her skill as an archer, she is no match for those who come for the spear. That is until she meets Ronar LePeine, one of the King's elite guard. 

Ronar desires nothing more than to do his duty to God and King and pay penance for past sins. Yet a forest sprite with red, flaming hair blocks his every move, all the while enchanting him like no other. Something evil lurks at Castle Luxley, and both Ronar and Alexia are soon thrust into the middle of a spiritual battle which will not only test their very beliefs, but put them both in mortal danger.

ABOUT AUTHOR: Award-winning and best-selling author, MaryLu Tyndall dreamt of pirates and sea-faring adventures during her childhood days on Florida's Coast. After obtaining a degree in Math and working as software engineer for 15 years, she decided to test the waters as a writer. With now more than seventeen books published, she makes no excuses for the deeply spiritual themes embedded within her romantic adventures. As a follower of Christ, her stories often reflect her own journey and walk with God. Her hope is that readers will not only be entertained but will be brought closer to the Creator who loves them beyond measure. In a culture that accepts the occult, wizards, zombies, and vampires without batting an eye, MaryLu hopes to show the awesome present and powerful acts of God in a dying world. MaryLu makes her home with her husband, six children, two grandkids, and three cats on the California coast, where her imagination still surges with the sea.

I'm giving away my personal signed copy of MaryLu's book! I'm excited to share this with you!

MUST ANSWER ONE QUESTION

TO BE ENTERED INTO DRAWING

1. What do you usually do on Easter Day?

2. Do you have any Easter Traditions?

3. What is your best Easter memory?

She Walks in Power was a powerful moving story I couldn't put down. It's full of adventure, fun and faith. It's a win win! Just saying! Grin! I'm excited to share this with you all!

Congrats to Sandra Salsbury 

Your name was drawn. I'll be sending you my personal signed copy of this book.

THANKS to EVERYONE for making this the Book Fun Place to be.

If you have any questions please contact me at nora@bookfunmagazine.com 

If you have any question please feel free to contact me nora@bookfunmagazine.com

Nora St.Laurent

#AD Contest Sponsored by Author/Publisher

Views: 445

Replies to This Discussion

For Easter, we go to church in the morning (sometimes serving at one service, worshipping at the other).  Then we come home and my husband "hides" the Easter eggs and prizes (we still have one who believes), then they hunt for the Easter eggs and open the presents.  Then we spend time with my in-laws for brunch (she makes the best food!).  Then we have another Easter egg hunt with them for the kids. Then come home and relax the rest of the day as a family - sometimes going for a hike, sometimes watching a movie, sometimes taking a nap!  :)  It's a day of celebrating the reason we have eternal life and a day of being with family. 

That sounds like fun Cheri! Thanks for sharing how your family celebrates the reason for our eternal life! Grin!

What are some of your Easter traditions, Nora?

We always make Jello eggs for Easter. The kids get an Easter basket from my husband and I and we usually do an egg hunt in the afternoon depending on the weather.

Jello eggs sound yummy. How do you make them? Egg hunts are fun to watch!

We used to save egg shells by poking a small hole in one end and a slightly bigger hole in the other and then blowing the egg out. We'd then wash the shells and put medical tape over the small hole. Then you make finger jello (less water) and put it in the shells with a funnel. Now they have egg shaped molds that snap together. It is a lot easier now :D 

My favorite memory is going to my grandparents house after Church to eat with my aunts and uncles and cousins and then having an Easter egg hunt and there was always one cousin that would get mad if she wasn’t finding the most eggs!

kathyrobinson11@comcast.net

LOL! Fun memory Kathy!

For Easter, we go to church and relax at home afterwards. When I was younger and single, my fellowship group would always go out to a relatively “fancy” restaurant for Easter brunch after service. Good times. 

Did your church have a passion play? Did they do something special for Easter? Just wondering!

1. Easter is a very special day to our family. My husband and I go to Sunrise Service, enjoy fellowship after this service when we eat breakfast at church and then we attend the Easter morning service.

2. For many years it was tradition to have Easter dinner (lunch) with my parents and and my brother' s

family.  Daddy died and it evolved to my mom and often my family.  This year plans are still uncertain because my Mom died last year and my brother will probably be with his in-laws.

3. Most of my memories revolve around church and hunting Easter eggs. I hunted, I helped our daughter hunt and now I get to enjoy hunting with my granddaughter.

Happy Easter and thanks for this giveaway!

Oh, Connie thank you for sharing your special traditions and Easter memories. Easter Sunrise services are a special time. We've done that a time or two (that is if it wasn't raining and/or freezing outside) It is so much fun to see the little ones find Easter Eggs!

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Another Important Poll

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Videos

• Add Videos

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2018   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service