DRAWING STARTS JUNE 21st

Runs til end of month

BACK COVER: The Reckoning is a rollicking time travel adventure that plummets the reader into a world of treachery, adventure, and romance. Trust me. You won’t want to miss this one! Michelle Griep, author.

When Morgan Shaw crept into the hold of an old pirate ship replica at San Diego’s Annual Tall Ship Festival, her only intention was to avoid the guy who had just dumped her and who was now boarding the ship with two women on his arm. What she didn’t expect was to wake up aboard a real pirate ship three-hundred years in the past. But of course, it wasn’t real. Her wealthy father had obviously staged it all in an effort to get her mind off her upcoming chemo. Or had he?

Pirate Rowan Dutton seeks enough treasure to repay a debt to his sister and reinstate the Dutton name among British Jamaican Society. He is but one major haul away from accomplishing his goal when a strange woman appears on his ship and causes him to lose his prey. Despite his anger, he is enthralled with the little minx, her strange clothing, odd speech, and her insistence that they are all actors playing a charade paid for by her father.

Yet when the brazen little lady divulges Rowan’s secret to a longtime nemesis, events are triggered that could cost them both their lives and change the course of history forever.

ABOUT AUTHOR: Award-winning and best-selling author, MaryLu Tyndall dreamt of pirates and sea-faring adventures during her childhood days on Florida's Coast. After obtaining a degree in Math and working as software engineer for 15 years, she decided to test the waters as a writer. With now more than seventeen books published, she makes no excuses for the deeply spiritual themes embedded within her romantic adventures. As a follower of Christ, her stories often reflect her own journey and walk with God. Her hope is that readers will not only be entertained but will be brought closer to the Creator who loves them beyond measure. In a culture that accepts the occult, wizards, zombies, and vampires without batting an eye, MaryLu hopes to show the awesome present and powerful acts of God in a dying world. MaryLu makes her home with her husband, six children, two grandkids, and three cats on the California coast, where her imagination still surges with the sea.

MUST ANSWER ONE QUESTION

TO BE ENTERED INTO DRAWING

1. The Reckoning has a time travel element to it. What do you like about time travel books?

2. What is your favorite time travel book and/or movie?

3. What type of time travel movie would you like to see made? Have you seen a time travel movie and/or TV show you loved? Do tell!

CONGRATS to Ruth Poiles

THANKS to everyone who participated. Thanks to Marylu for the giveaway.

I've sent the author your contact information.

If you have any question please feel free to contact me nora@bookfunmagazine.com

Nora St.Laurent

#AD Contest Sponsored by Author/Publisher

Views: 347

Replies to This Discussion

I am not entering the drawing as I have the book and read it.  I just wanted to say, it is an awesome story!

Blessings, Tina

Thank you, Tina!!!  Hugs

:-)

I use to watch Quantum Leap, with Scott Bakula because it was such fun. 

I also enjoyed the episodes of Bewitched, when she traveled back in time. 

Thanks for the opportunity to try and win a signed copy of one of your books.  

Evelyn

I loved the show Quantum Leap. Now that it was on Netflex We were able to watch the whole series. Something we never did before. It was a fun show for sure!

You're very welcome.  My kids and I used to watch Quantum Leap. Good show! There was a new one out last season called Timeless that was pretty good too, especially if you're a history buff.

I LOVED Lisa T. Bergren's "River of Time" series! (I haven't yet read Tamara Leigh's time-travel books, but know that hers will be up there among my favorites whenever I do.) Movie-wise, I REALLY like "Timeline".
I think what I like best about time-travel books is that it's generally modern people being dropped into the past (sorta like when you start a historical novel and have to find your orientation in this new world) and I can relate to them and they're feelings and questions about what's happening in this foreign place. I get to learn all there is to know about this other world right along with the main character!

I'm going to look into that Elly! Thanks for sharing that.

Me too! I loved "River of Time"   And I need to get Tamara's too. She's such a good writer.  Loved "Timeline" too! I guess I like time travel stories.. can you tell? ;-)

If I remember right, the first book where I read about time travel, was a book called 'A Traveller in Time' by Allison Utley. I think it was in high school I happened to come across it in our school library. Have loved the song 'Greensleeves' ever since. Closest I have come to 'time travel' is across time zones, flying to Japan to visit our daughter. :) Amazing we leave one day, and arrive the next..and coming back we leave one day and get back almost before even left Japan! Of course it takes 10-12 hours to do it. ;)

*1. I think I like time travel because in reading books of very genres and settings, I can go on an adventure to a different place and time. BUT, with time travel books, I can go with a character from one time to another and go through their experiences with them!

so., #2 book would be 'A Traveller in Time' because that ushered me through the door of time travel books. I've also read some in our church library that are Biblical Time travel, like one about an adventurer going back into Paul's time, trying to save him and get back to the door in the cave before it closes. (when in Library, will look up the name).  MOVIE would be TimeLine with Paul Walker and Gerard Butler! A new favorite to my list is Dr. Strange. :) I also enjoyed Frequency and from 1984.. The Philadelphia Experiement. Some fun ones, of course, are Back to the Future and 13 Going on 30.  Romance one is probably Lake House with Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves.. *sighs* love that one.

#3. Of course, I like to watch Dr. Who..Time Lord. :D I've watched a lot of time travel movies so not sure what type I would like to see made, that I haven't seen.

Thank you for posing these questions to us! Love your books..

Ruth P :)

That sounds really interesting Ruth. Thanks for sharing this! Grin!

Thank you, Ruth!!  Sounds like you're a time travel story fan!  I think you'll love The Reckoning!

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Another Important Poll

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Videos

• Add Videos

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2018   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service