JANUARY 2019 - GIVEAWAY (1) COPY VEIL of PEARLS & CHARLESTON PLANTATION PEACH TEA

GIVEAWAY UNDERWAY

LAST DAY TO ENTER 

JANUARY 31st

BOOK BLURB:  She thought she could outrun her past. . . It is 1811, and the prosperous port city of Charleston is bustling with plantation owners, slaves, and immigrants. Immigrants such as the raven-haired Adalia Winston.

But Adalia has a secret: her light skin belies that she is part black and a runaway slave from Barbados. Skilled in herbal remedies, Adalia finds employment with a local doctor and settles into a quiet life, thankful for her freedom but still fearful that her owner will find her. Born into one of Charleston’s prominent families, Morgan Rutledge is handsome, bored—and enamored of the beautiful Adalia, who spurns his advances. Morgan’s persistence, however, finally wins, and Adalia is swept into the glamorous world of Charleston high Award winning and best-selling author, MaryLu Tyndall dreamt of pirates and sea-faring adventures during her childhood days on Florida's Coast. After obtaining a degree in Math and working as software engineer for 15 years, she decided to test the waters as a writer. With now more than seventeen books published, she makes no excuses for the deeply spiritual themes embedded within her romantic adventures. As a follower of Christ, her stories often reflect her own journey and walk with God. Her hope is that readers will not only be entertained but will be brought closer to the Creator who loves them beyond measure. In a culture that accepts the occult, wizards, zombies, and vampires without batting an eye, MaryLu hopes to show the awesome present and powerful acts of God in a dying world. MaryLu makes her home with her husband, six children, two grandkids, and three cats on the California coast, where her imagination still surges with the sea.

ABOUT AUTHOR: Award winning and best-selling author, MaryLu Tyndall dreamt of pirates and sea-faring adventures during her childhood days on Florida's Coast. After obtaining a degree in Math and working as software engineer for 15 years, she decided to test the waters as a writer. With now more than seventeen books published, she makes no excuses for the deeply spiritual themes embedded within her romantic adventures.

As a follower of Christ, her stories often reflect her own journey and walk with God. Her hope is that readers will not only be entertained but will be brought closer to the Creator who loves them beyond measure. In a culture that accepts the occult, wizards, zombies, and vampires without batting an eye, MaryLu hopes to show the awesome present and powerful acts of God in a dying world. MaryLu makes her home with her husband, six children, two grandkids, and three cats on the California coast, where her imagination still surges with the sea.

MUST ANSWER ONE QUESTION

TO ENTER DRAWING

1. What do you love about stories at take place at sea and deal with pirates?

2. Anyone have you been do Charleston? If so what did you love about your visit. If not, what would you love to see there.

3. What person (alive and/or dead) comes to mind when you hear the word "hero"? Why?

CONGRATS to CHRISTIAN PALMER

Your Name was Draw for the Book and Tea.

I've sent your contact information to the author.

THANKS for Making TBCN A Book Fun Place To Be!

Nora :o)

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at nora@bookfunmagazine.com

Nora :o)

TBCN Where Book Fun Begins!

AD/Author sponsored page

Views: 359

Replies to This Discussion

My hero was my granddad. He was a quiet and gentle man. Granddad traveled by covered wagon from Kansas to Oklahoma and homesteaded 200 acres in the 1800s. I loved listening to him tell me stories about his life and he thanked God for everything he had. When I would go visit him in the summer, we wOuld sit in Rocking chairs for hours talking . He gave me lots of wisdom and I enjoyed his compassion for life. He was the one person in my life growing up that showed me love and I have never forgotten his encouraging words. He was a hard worker and built his two story farm house by himself. He had integrity and was always there to help anyone out. H3 was the kind of person that never met a stranger. 

Deana, he sounds like an incredible man. You were blessed to have him in your life. :-)

My hero will always be my father-in-Law. He passed away two years ago at age 94. He served in the navy during WWII and was involved in the Normandy invasion on Dday. He piloted a U boat that carried soldiers to the shores of Omaha Beach. He didn’t talk about it much but when he did I’m so thankful he survived and gave me my wonderful husband.

What a courageous, wonderful man, Gail. :-)

Yes, we visited Charleston when our son and daughter in law lived there. We absolutely loved the southern charm. 

The historic district is my favorite. I loved every minute being there!

3. My mom comes to mind. She's a true hero. My dad abandoned us when I was 3, left her with 3 small children, one a new born baby. She worked hard to take care of us. Public assistance wasn't available then as it is now. She would even give away what we really didn't have to help others. She is a true hero.

Wow. Victoria. No wonder she's your hero.  What an incredible lady!

I have been to Charleston! I have lived in South Carolina for all my adult life and have visited several times. I love all of the beautiful old homes and churches, and the old Cobble stone streets are neat.

Yes.. I spent a week there doing research... gorgeous place!

I have loved pirate and seafaring stories since I was fairly young. It’s hard for me to pinpoint the exact reason I am so enamored with them though. The atmosphere, adventure, and sense of freedom are definitely big reasons. I can always imagine myself standing on a ship’s deck beneath the warm sun taking in the salty air and vibrant colors. And while I probably wouldn’t be to happy to be in the presence of a real pirate I can still say that I love reading about them and their numerous adventures!

P.S. Thank you for this lovely giveaway opportunity! Marylu Tyndall has been a favorite author of mine for the past few years.
God Bless,
Christian

I do not know if this is where I comment for the giveaway but.....I love pirate and ships on the sea stories, especially when the fierce hero pirate on the inside has a heart of gold with kindness. I love the storms at sea and the actions of the captain and the mates as the ship takes on water. I especially love MaryLu's telling of the pirates and ships and deserted islands. Oh, just anything she writes. Thank you for doing this giveaway.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service