GIVEAWAY UNDERWAY

LAST DAY TO ENTER 

FEBRUARY 28

NOTE TO READER: This is a reprint of Surrender the Heart, published in 2010 4 Stars! A new historical series, Surrender to Destiny, centers around the War of 1812. Tyndall brings new life to the old story of finding romance during war. Her characters are courageous, smart and believe in what they are fighting for. 

--Patsy Glans RT Book Reviews 2010-08-11

BOOK BLURB: A young mistrustful lady, desperate to save her family A man, burdened by guilt, desperate to please his Both caught in the brink of a war that could change the course of history forever On the brink of the War of 1812, Marianne Denton must marry to unlock her inheritance. Without the money, her mother can’t receive medical care and her sister will be destitute. But Noah Brenin needs to sail his cargo to England before the war commences in order to prove his worth to his father and make enough money so he won’t have to marry at all. But when Noah walks out on their engagement party, Marianne chases him down and ends up on his merchantman out at sea. The situation worsens when Noah’s ship encounters a British man-of-war and the couple is impressed into the British navy. While a young lad’s prophecy of destiny looms over them both, Marianne and Noah are forced to face their darkest fears as they desperately try to find a way to escape and fulfill their destinies—destinies that could change the course of the war and history forever.

ABOUT AUTHOR: Award winning and best-selling author, MaryLu Tyndall dreamt of pirates and sea-faring adventures during her childhood days on Florida's Coast. After obtaining a degree in Math and working as software engineer for 15 years, she decided to test the waters as a writer. With now more than seventeen books published, she makes no excuses for the deeply spiritual themes embedded within her romantic adventures.

As a follower of Christ, her stories often reflect her own journey and walk with God. Her hope is that readers will not only be entertained but will be brought closer to the Creator who loves them beyond measure. In a culture that accepts the occult, wizards, zombies, and vampires without batting an eye, MaryLu hopes to show the awesome present and powerful acts of God in a dying world. MaryLu makes her home with her husband, six children, two grandkids, and three cats on the California coast, where her imagination still surges with the sea.

CONGRATS TO

VICTORIA PLESS

I've Sent your contact information to the author.

THANKS for helping make this a Book Fun Place to Be!

MUST ANSWER ONE QUESTION

TO ENTER DRAWING

1. What do you love about stories at take place at sea and deal with pirates?

2. Have any of you been on the ocean, sailed on a cruse? What did you love about it? What scared you?

3. What do you enjoy most about reading historical fiction stories?

4. If you had the chance to ride an ocean liner (for free) where would you go what would you do on your trip?

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at nora@bookfunmagazine.com

Nora :o)

TBCN Where Book Fun Begins!

AD/Author sponsored page

Views: 120

Replies to This Discussion

I enjoy historical fiction for the fun way to learn about actual history. If the author has done her research well I learn lots of things that I never learned or connected with in school.

Although I have some thoughts about questions 1,2, and 3, I'll answer my favorite, # 4.  Oh, I wish I could have a free ocean cruise!  I'd like a cruise from northern Europe - either Norway or England- across to New York with several stops in Iceland and Greenland.  It would be even greater if we could sail transatlantic before that cruise so we wouldn't have to fly.  

Bonnie 

I like historical fiction to "experience" different times and places.

CONGRATS TO

VICTORIA PLESS

I've Sent your contact information to the author.

THANKS for helping make this a Book Fun Place to Be!

Surrender The Sea by MaryLu Tyndall is the book I received in the Bookfun.org February giveaway. I was very thankful to receive this book and really enjoyed reading it. It is a Christian book, but not preachy. It shows the importance of having faith.

The book was well written and the main characters were well developed and easy to understand. The book kept me interested throughout. It was a little bit of adventure, a little romance and a whole lot exciting. But, the one thing I did not like was the ending. I will not spoil the book, but I will say I felt it did not do a good job of wrapping things up.

As far as the readability/editing is concerned, it was a good job but left a little to be desired. It was not perfect but did not detract much from my enjoyment of the book. 

I would rate this book a 4 out of 5. I didn't give it a 5 because of the combination of imperfect editing and not wrapping up the full story. I would recommend this book to my friends.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service