GIVEAWAY EVENT - Kicks off at

"Live" Chat

NOVEMBER 13th at 8 PM

Eastern Standard Time

ABOUT BOOK: It's 449 pages. Michel, much like his Jewish ancestor, Daniel, is an advisor to King Phraattes of the Parthian Empire. He decides to buy the Garden of Eden where the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers meet. It is now completely under water and the home of marsh people. He sacrifices everything to get it—his warrior father, his wife, and his estate. His dream is to replant the Garden of Eden and draw pagans on a pilgrimage to it so they will learn about the one true God. Then perhaps God will walk the earth with them in the Garden as he had with Adam and Eve. He is interrupted by a star that appears for awhile, then disappears. The other magi believe it is a sign a god was born. King Phraattes demands to know the meaning of the star, fearing it is an omen his kingdom will be taken from him. Michel and his friends travel the world delving into the holy writings of world religions, trying to find the meaning of the star. After a year of searching, they end up in Bethlehem where Michel realizes God has already come and is walking on earth through the boy, Jesus. He goes into a tailspin. He has lost everything to buy Eden. What can he do now? (There are discussion questions for each chapter in the back of the book for book clubs and Bible classes.)

ABOUT AUTHOR: As the author of forty-eight books, Katheryn Haddad spends an average of 300 hours to research each historical novel she writes. That includes reading writings of ancient historians such as Josephus, investigating archaeological digs for city layouts and culture, etc. "I don't want my characters riding down a road that did not exist yet," she says. Even the names of characters are from the location and era she is writing about.

This author was born in the cold north but now lives in Arizona where she does not have to shovel sunshine. She enjoys hot weather, palm trees, cacti, and a computer with the letters worn off.

With a bachelor's degree in English, Bible and social science from Harding University and part of a master's degree in Bible, including Greek, from the Harding Graduate School of Theology, she also has a master's degree in management and human relations from Abilene University.

MUST ANSWER ONE QUESTION

TO BE ENTERED INTO DRAWING

1. What do you like about reading non-fiction? What do you look for?

2. Which one of Jesus disciples do you most relate to Matthew, Mark, Luke, John?

3) What do you know about the Wiseman? What fascinates you about them?

CONGRATS to Deana Dick and Virginia Winfield

your names were drawn to receive (1) PB each for Michel the 4th Wiseman.

CONGRATS to Names below Drawn for Ebooks

Helen

Anne Rightler

Vicki Jameson

PLEASE SEND your contact information to author katheryn@inspirationsbykatheryn.com  

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me nora@bookfunmagazine.com

Nora St.Laurent

#AD Contest Sponsored by Author/Publisher

Views: 137

Replies to This Discussion

I prefer to read about the people in the Bible to learn more about what life was like then and how they lived.

I don't know anything about the Wisemen, except that they followed the star to Bethlehem and the rest of that story. To think of traveling a long ways in that day and age w/o the comforts that we have now is interesting.

I don’t know a lot about the wisemen. They were brave to follow a star and defy a king.
Thanks. I sent a message.

What I know about the Wise men comes from the Bible story of Jesus' birth. I'd love to learn more about them because it would help me understand my Bible better. Thanks for the chance to win a copy of your book.

CONGRATS to Deana Dick and Virginia Winfield your names were drawn to receive (1) PB each for Michel the 4th Wiseman.

CONGRATS to Names below Drawn for Ebooks

Helen

Anne Rightler

Vicki Jameson

PLEASE SEND your contact information to author katheryn@inspirationsbykatheryn.com 

What a nice surprise! Thank you, Katheryn.

Send me your email and I'll send you the link.  It is a very informative novel following the wise men around the world trying to find the meaning of the star.

Yup.  I got yours, Deana the Texan.

You are quite welcome.  I have not heard from the other winner, Vickie Jameson.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service