DRAWING STARTS 

SEPT 21st Enter TODAY!

ABOUT BOOK: Fifteen-year-old Kari Rose discovers how much trouble she and her two sisters can get into when they stay at their ancient granny's for spring break. Granny gets a wild-haired notion at three in the morning, and she’s leaving with or without them. Kari makes the decision to take her sisters and ride with Granny in her old Cadillac on a five-hundred-mile-long trip north to visit family. Miles down the road, this harmless act finds Granny no longer able to drive, and Kari must take the wheel. Soon after, the four travelers are caught in a freeway-closing-down snowstorm which brings everyone and everything to a standstill. 

A second blizzard with catastrophic impact is about to descend upon them, and Kari must determine the best way to find shelter and beat the storm. Will Kari trust her gut instincts and rely upon a complete stranger to lead them to safety?

ABOUT AUTHOR: Jean Ann Williams is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers, and Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators. She has contributed articles on suicide loss at www.opentohope.com, and currently for Putting on the New blog, and her own Love Truth blog. Jean Ann and her husband live on one acre in Southern Oregon where they raise a garden, fruit orchard, goats, and chickens. Her favorite hobbies are hiking through the woods, practicing archery with her bow, and big game hunting. Their two remaining children have blessed them with thirteen grandchildren, their baker’s dozen. To contact Jean Ann, please visit her website at www.jeanannwilliamsauthor.com or her blog at www.joshua-mom.blogspot.com

MUST ANSWER ONE OF THE QUESTIONS

TO BE ENTERED IN DRAWING

1. Did you have a relationship with your great-grandmother or great grandfather?

2. Do you remember your great-grandmother or grand-gather, and if so do you have a special memory you can share with them?

3. Was your great-grandparents of an ethnic culture that was unique to who they were?

4. If you remember your great-grandmother, did you want to grow up to be just like her and if so why?

5. If you don't have great-grand parents what special times have you shared with your grandparents!

CONGRATS to

KATHY SIMMONS ROBINSON and ANNE RIGHTLER

Your names were drawn!

PLEASE contact the Author with your contact information.

jeanann_w@yahoo.com

THANKS for making TBCN the Book Fun Place to be!

Blessings

Nora :o)

If you have any question please feel free to contact me nora@bookfunmagazine.com
Nora St.Laurent

#AD Contest Sponsored by Author/Publisher

Views: 93

Replies to This Discussion

I never knew either my great grand parents I loved Christmas with my Grandmother throughI remember her candy bowl and tree

I did not know my great grandparents but had wonderful relationships with my grandparents .Being grandparents now, we are trying to create those same memories for our grandchildren .

I was closed to my Mom’s Mom. My grandfather would have to take trips all over the United States and Lebanon. I would stay with her for weeks when my grandfather would go out of town. We would have artichoke and my favorite saltine crackers!! My grandparents came from Chicago and Detroit, living in upstate New York with a lot of blizzards. Betsy Schaknowski

I don't remember my great-grandparents but I had a wonderful relationship with my grandparents.  When I was looking at colleges, I went and stayed with them and they drove me to a bunch for me to look at.  I knew that they loved me and prayed for me daily.  Even though it has been years since they passed, I still think of them and am so grateful for the love they lavished on me and my children!

I was the first of 14 grandchildren, on my mom’s side, so of course I was spoiled! I have wonderful memories of spending summers with my grandparents! My grandfather raised  pigeons and raced them and won lots of  trophies!   Another memory I have is waking up very early in the morning and hearing the  milkman leave bottles of milk on the front porch. I miss  them so much. Grampa lived to be 79 and Nanny lived to be 94!

I did not get to meet either of my grandmothers. One

grandfather passed away, when I was 3 years old. I do

have the rocker, that he rocked me in. My dad then, rocked 

in it, for years!  My maternal grandfather passed away,

on the day, John F. Kennedy was shot. I was 8 years old.

He had nicknames for all of his grandchildren.  My sister

was Snow White, my brother was Wimpy, from Popeye,

and I was Cinderella... Good memories with him!

Many thanks, Cindi

I've enjoyed reading everyone's memories. I love the topic of grandparents and great-grandparents. I guess it's why I had to write a story about a great-grandmother and her three great-granddaughters.

My great-grandfather, Grandpa Dime, and I would sit and stare at each other every time I came to visit him in his apartment. He had sky blue eyes, and I couldn't help but stare. He died when I was three, but I remember him vividly. I never understood why he never talked to me. And when he did, it was to my great-grandmother and it would be one word or two. I found out years later, he favored the Cherokee language and could speak it fluently. His daddy was English and his mother was Cherokee, and his ancestors walked The Trail of Tears.

When Dime married my great-grandmother, he made a living fur trapping and would be gone for up to a year at a time. I have a picture of him and his daughter, my grandmother, Nanny, holding a line of furs he'd trapped. Nanny looks very sad, and I was told it was because she didn't like her daddy killing the poor animals.  

The funniest memory of  Dime? He would pour his coffee all over this Thanksgiving dinner and then ate the whole mess with a spoon. My brother and I watched him and then we broke out in fits of giggles.

My great grandmother Do a died when I was only 12, but 1 remember she always had a candy dish with candy we could have when we came to visit.

I barely knew either of my great-grandmas. I do remember little pink and white candy lozenges at my moms grandmother’s house. Maybe that was the beginning of my voracious sweet tooth. 

I'm entering this to try to win for my granddaughter.  We have a very special relationship. Her Mom passed away when she was 10 months old, her dad disappeared when she was 6 and left her with me and my husband.  My husband left us 2 years ago, and a few months ago her dad reappeared!  She is almost 14 and she has been through so much!  I'm actually her step-grandmother and I have full custody.  Her biological family has been very dysfunctional, but she and I will make it through as long as we rely on God.  

My grandma was my very best friend when I was young!

Hi Everyone! Thank you so much for joining us for another drawing. I'll be picking the winners and will get back to you by tomorrow morning. My husband and I have a lot going on right now and I'm squeezing in a few moments to say I'll be back!

Thanks so much for the generous drawing!

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Another Important Poll

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Videos

• Add Videos

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2018   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service