GIVEAWAY

LAST DAY TO ENTER

OCTOBER 31st

ABOUT THE BOOK: What if your child shot himself while you were in the next room? What if you held him as his heartbeat for the last time? What if Satan whispered in your ear, "Now where is your God?" Find out how Jean Ann Williams reached out with her spirit and mind to the one true Father. Discover how the Lord God answered her and walked alongside her in the most difficult grieving journey of her life.

BACK COVER: One mother damaged. One family tested. One daughter determined to find her place. Claire Lee’s life changes when she must take charge of her siblings after her mother becomes depressed from a difficult childbirth. Frightened by the way Mama sleeps too much and her crying spells during waking hours, ClaireLee just knows she’ll catch her illness like a cold or flu which hangs on through winter.

ClaireLee finds comfort in the lies she tells herself and others in order to hide the truth about her erratic mother. Deciding she needs to re-invent herself, she sets out to impress a group of popular girls. With her deception, ClaireLee weaves her way into the Lavender Girls Club, the most sophisticated girls in school.

Though her best friend Belinda will not be caught with the likes of such shallow puddles, ClaireLee ignores Belinda’s warnings the Lavenders cannot be trusted. ClaireLee drifts further from honesty, her friend, and a broken mother’s love, until one very public night at the yearly school awards ceremony. The spotlight is on her, and she finds her courage and faces the truth and then ClaireLee saves her mother’s life.

ABOUT AUTHOR: Jean Ann Williams is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers, and Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators. She has contributed articles on suicide loss at www.opentohope.com, and currently for Putting on the New blog, and her own Love Truth blog. Jean Ann and her husband live on one acre in Southern Oregon where they raise a garden, fruit orchard, goats, and chickens. Her favorite hobbies are hiking through the woods, practicing archery with her bow, and big game hunting. Their two remaining children have blessed them with thirteen grandchildren, their baker’s dozen. To contact Jean Ann, please visit her website at www.jeanannwilliamsauthor.com or her blog at www.joshua-mom.blogspot.com

CONGRATS

VIRGINA WINGIELD

Your Name Was Drawn

To Receive God's Mercies

CONGRATS

LUCY REYNOLDS

Your Name Was Drawn to Receive $5.00 Gift Card

CONGRATS 

SHANDRA HORNUNG

Your Name Was Drawn to Receive Just Claire

Your Contact Information as been sent to the Author

THANKS for Helping Make TBCN The Book Fun Place to Be!

MUST ANSWER ONE QUESTION

TO ENTER DRAWING

1. Name the top three songs you loved as a teenager?

2. Name three favorite books that rocked your world as a teenager?

3. Name the top favorite games you liked to play as a teen?

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me nora@bookfunmagazine.com

Nora St.Laurent

#AD Contest Sponsored by Author/Publisher

Views: 91

Replies to This Discussion

I liked to play Monopoly, Rummy, and Dominos with family and friends. Thank you for the chance.

Forty years later, I still have my copies of Hannah Hurnard's books that really spooks to me.  The first three inn the set are Hind's Feet on High Places, Mountain of Spices, and Wayfarer in the Land.

My brother and I were always playing games when we were growing up (we still do at family gatherings.) our top 3 were: the board game “Life”, card games “Canasta and Rummy.”

The three favorite books that made a huge difference in my life were the Nancy Drew, Hardy Boys series, and when I discovered the Word of God. I was 16 when my future finance, now my  husband of 49 years, bought us a family Bible. He and I would read it together. This was by far the most rocking my world book. Thank you, ladies, for joining us here for the drawings.

Euchre has always been a favorite since my teen hood. Another couple favorites were Life and Monopoly.  

3. Name the top favorite games you liked to play as a teen?

I loved most any kind of game. My favorites probably were Chess, Risk, Stratego, and other similar strategy games. Though you also could add in Monopoly and games like that.

I was crazy about Herman’s Hermits and loved all their songs.  Listen People, I’m Henry the Eighth, Mrs Brown You Got A Lovely Daughter. I got to see them in person when I was 14.

Oh, Gail, they were my favorite also. I remember when I was 14, I bought a large poster of them and taped it on my bedroom wall. My dad was worried that they were my idol, and he encouraged me to take it down. I was sad but was more concerned that he was right. :)

Three favorite books as a teen. One definitely is Exodus. I don't remember specific titles but I loved reading Mary Stewart's books. And Aleksandr Solzheinitsyn's Cancer Ward.

My 3 favorite books as a teen were 1.  The Bible, specifically the Epistle to the Philippians, 2.  Not My Will by Francena Arnold, and 3. The Diary of Anne Frank.

I read SO many books in my teen years. Top choice has to be The Hiding Place. I also went through a Stephen King phase so let's pick The Stand and Pet Semetary. Thanks for the chance to win.

Country Roads by John Denver, Mandy by Barry Manilow and Cppacabana by Barry Manilow

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service