GIVEAWAY STARTS

MARCH 20th

BOOK BLURB: Fifteen-year-old Kari Rose discovers how much trouble she and her two sisters can get into when they stay at their ancient granny's for spring break. Granny gets a wild-haired notion at three in the morning, and she’s leaving with or without them. Kari makes the decision to take her sisters and ride with Granny in her old Cadillac on a five-hundred-mile-long trip north to visit family. Miles down the road, this harmless act finds Granny no longer able to drive, and Kari must take the wheel. Soon after, the four travelers are caught in a freeway-closing-down snowstorm which brings everyone and everything to a standstill. 

A second blizzard with catastrophic impact is about to descend upon them, and Kari must determine the best way to find shelter and beat the storm. Will Kari trust her gut instincts and rely upon a complete stranger to lead them to safety?

ABOUT AUTHOR: Jean Ann Williams is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers, and Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators. She has contributed articles on suicide loss at www.opentohope.com, and currently for Putting on the New blog, and her own Love Truth blog. Jean Ann and her husband live on one acre in Southern Oregon where they raise a garden, fruit orchard, goats, and chickens. Her favorite hobbies are hiking through the woods, practicing archery with her bow, and big game hunting. Their two remaining children have blessed them with thirteen grandchildren, their baker’s dozen. To contact Jean Ann, please visit her website at www.jeanannwilliamsauthor.com or her

MUST ANSWER ONE QUESTION

TO ENTER DRAWING

1. Can you describe a memorable road you took as a kid? If so, What made it memorable?

2. What made your road trips fun?

3. How were road trips different when you got older? What did you enjoy about them as an adult?

4. Have you gone on road trips with your family? How is it different/the same now that you have your own family?

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me nora@bookfunmagazine.com

Nora:o)

Nora St.Laurent

#AD Contest Sponsored by Author/Publisher

Views: 72

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Jean,

As a child I would go on special little road trips with just my Dad every year when the new cars came out.  We would go to the car dealer and pick out a car together and take off for the day exploring back roads and sometimes even getting lost.  We met many new friends that way, but most of all we just talked about God, and anything else that life was throwing our way.  My Dad never bought a single car as we could not afford it but the dealer always let my Dad borrow a car for the day every year anyway.  This is something that dealerships no longer do as they now ride along giving their sales pitch.  

Thank you Jean for this opportunity to win a copy of your beautiful sounding story.  I remember spending time with my Grandmother who snuck out prior to the crack of dawn going to the Jewish bakery on the corner with her trusty flashlight every morning.  The baker always let her in the back door to get her desired goodies for the day.  When friends came calling she would sprinkle some flour on her apron and sometimes even in her hair depending upon what she was serving and bring the treats warm from her oven as if she baked them herself.  I am not sure if she had anyone fooled but everyone always treated her with kindness.  After she had her first stroke the baker came by every morning prior to opening his shop and brought her her favorites and would not accept payment.

Many Blessings,

Adriann

Ah, Adriann, what great memories of your dad and grandmother! I laughed out loud at your grandmother's antics! It made me want to know her. :) Thank you for participating in the drawing for the month of March. There's something about spring. It lifts our spirits as we see more of the blue skies!

I look forward to another give-away drawing! Happy spring!

We would go for Sunday drives after church and explore back roads and have family times and picnics. 

Ahh, how nice, Lucy. We did the same thing, as we were too poor to go to paying events. Once, we got stuck on a mountain road and the back of the station wagon hung off the road and I saw nothing but air. I was so scared, I began to pray. I was 12 years old.

Hi Jean...

I love road trips...always have since I was a child.  We had a BIG station wagon with the rear facing seat and we could see out very easily and wave to people approaching us.  It was fun for us and quieter for mom and dad up in the front seat. We drove all the way to South Florida and back from Michigan so it was a long trip and we would play lots of road games such as first one to find certain things on a sheet of paper...Brown Car, Cow along the road, American Flag, Kids out in a yard etc.  We had different things to find and we were engrossed in looking for them as we drove. Sometimes we would all be looking for the same things and the first to get them got a stick of licorice or a lollipop,  It kept us quiet for hours and we didn't mind all the miles we had to drive. There were all kinds of variations that mom would come up with for us to keep us busy.

When I was a teenager, my boyfriend had given me a red elephant for Valentine's Day.  I took it everywhere and had it with me as we took a big vacation through the North East.  In Lancaster, PA, my sister grabbed my elephant and threw it out the window.  I was screaming to stop and go back to get it and my dad kept driving.  He had not heard what we were trying to say.  Finally, he stopped for gas and I was crying and told him my elephant was back on the road and I had to go back and get it.  I was heartbroken and both mom and dad realized that I should have it back since my sister should never have grabbed it and tossed it out the window. Fortunately, we saw it easily since it was bright red.  He was a little dirty from the gravel on the road, but we retrieved him and I held onto him tightly after that.

When my husband and I started to go on day road trips, we played a game that at each intersection, we would flip a coin and heads we went left and tails we went right.  That way we would see different parts of the city and get to know it better when we moved to a new area.  It was a lot of fun and we always found our way back home. 

Thank you!

Jean AKA BJ

How smart of your mom! And you carried this with you into your marriage. :) Thank you for joining us here, Jean

We went on two road trips when I was a kid.  One to Iowa and one to Florida.  I remember that they were long (of course).  Plus, my sister and I fought for space in the backseat.  I did get to go to Disney World while in Florida.  The tea cup ride certainly made me dizzy.  I will never forget my introduction to fire ants.  

I'll be choosing a winner in a few minutes. Thank you ladies for joining us here for the March drawing. I'll be offering another drawing in April.

The winner of Road Trip of Delusion is K. Anderson.

The winner of the key chain which depicts the setting of the end of the story is Adriann Harris. Thank you everyone! I'll be offering another copy of Road Trip and a Bible Crossword puzzle book for April.

Oh, and I need your addresses so I may send you the gifts.

I still need the addresses of K. Anderson, who won the book, and Adriann Harris for winning the key chain.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service