JULY 2019- $5.00 GIFT CARD, BOOK GIVEAWAY - PLUS ENTRIES FOR PILLOW CASE & LEFT BEHIND SERIES

GIVEAWAY

STARTS

JULY 22nd

BOOK BLURB: Fifteen-year-old Kari Rose discovers how much trouble she and her two sisters can get into when they stay at their ancient granny's for spring break. Granny gets a wild-haired notion at three in the morning, and she’s leaving with or without them. Kari makes the decision to take her sisters and ride with Granny in her old Cadillac on a five-hundred-mile-long trip north to visit family. Miles down the road, this harmless act finds Granny no longer able to drive, and Kari must take the wheel. Soon after, the four travelers are caught in a freeway-closing-down snowstorm which brings everyone and everything to a standstill. 

A second blizzard with catastrophic impact is about to descend upon them, and Kari must determine the best way to find shelter and beat the storm. Will Kari trust her gut instincts and rely upon a complete stranger to lead them to safety?

ABOUT AUTHOR: Jean Ann Williams is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers, and Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators. She has contributed articles on suicide loss at www.opentohope.com, and currently for Putting on the New blog, and her own Love Truth blog. Jean Ann and her husband live on one acre in Southern Oregon where they raise a garden, fruit orchard, goats, and chickens. Her favorite hobbies are hiking through the woods, practicing archery with her bow, and big game hunting. Their two remaining children have blessed them with thirteen grandchildren, their baker’s dozen. To contact Jean Ann, please visit her website at www.jeanannwilliamsauthor.com or her

CONGRATS

CHERYL HART

YOU NAME WAS DRAWN

FOR $5.00 GIFT CARD

MUST ANSWER ONE

QUESTION TO ENTER

1. If you could single-handedly raise $1 million through a charity drive campaign, what cause would you support and why?

2. Describe a time when you were looking forward to something for a long time. What was it, and did it live up to your expectations?

3. Describe a time or moment when you learned about giving to others?

BONUS ENTRY:

Every Author group you join and participate in you get your name in the hat for the The Left Behind Series (Complete set HB) 

PLUS a chance for One Pillow case. 

PLEASE put down which item you'd like the extra entries to go toward!

Thanks for making this a Book Fun Place to Be!

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me nora@bookfunmagazine.com

Nora :o)

#AD Contest Sponsored by Author/Publisher

Views: 69

Replies to This Discussion

1. I would support Voice of the Martyrs because their true stories of our brothers and sisters around the world always encourage me to face the difficult days.
I already have the Left Behind series, so I would like the pillow case. Doesn't matter which one.

I would start my own charity to support cats and dogs.  Too many shelters are killing innocent animals.  I would purchase a farm that would be a sanctuary for the animals.  My extra entry for Left Behind series.  Thank you!

I would definitely support St Jude. We lost our niece to cancer after a 9 year battle but she spent some time there. They were absolutely wonderful. 

Love the pillowcases. The duck would be my choice. 

1. I would donate it to Huntsman Cancer Center, because we have had many family members and friends who have battled cancer.

I'd like a pillowcase entry

I would support Samaritan's Purse - with half going for Operation Christmas Child and the other half going to disaster relief.  I volunteer for the OCC and have heard amazing stories of whole communities reached and changed because of the shoeboxes.  Yet Samaritan's Purse also does amazing stuff with disaster relief.

I'd like my extra entry to be for the pillow case.  Thanks!

I would support Convoy of Hope. They help w/ disaster relief situations, have an agricultural program that equips vulnerable farmers and families with the skills, tools, and seeds they need to produce life-sustaining crops. Tens of thousands of meals are harvested each year for our Children’s Feeding program, which simultaneously generates income for local farmers. They also have a feeding program through which more than 200,000 children are fed in El Salvador, Nicaragua, the Philippines, Honduras, Haiti, Kenya, Ethiopia, Nepal, India, Sri Lanka, Lebanon, South Africa, Uganda, and Tanzania. Another program is the Women’s Empowerment program that encourages women around the world to realize their value and reach their potential through job training and education. 

I have wanted to be a nurse since I was 10 years old.   I have now been a nurse for 19 years and it absolutely met my expectations.   I love what I do.  I have the privilege of taking care of new moms and babies.

Please put my extra entries for the Christmas pillowcase. Nora, did you make these? They are so pretty!

Hi, Carrie; Yes, I made them. I have been making a lot of these lately. I can't believe how easy they are to make. I'm getting a head start on Christmas Presents. I'm getting excited at all the wonderful materials they have for kids. I'll be giving more away for our Christmas Drawings!

I'm excited that you love what you do. Having had a special needs child I'm grateful for people who love what they do. It makes such a difference! Thank you for your service!

If I could raise 1 million dollars I would support Pro-Life causes.  I'm heartbroken over the millions of babies murdered every year.  I would also want to help feed and house the homeless, help missionaries spread the Word, help bring water, food, and medicine to the needy in the world, etc.

There are so many worthy causes, so many needs. 

I would support St. Judes, because it saddens me to see children suffer and their parents feel helpless.

I'd like my entries toward the LB series.

Check out Jean's Guest Post on TBCN Blog It's her journey to publication!

Get Extra entries for the Bonus Giveaways

https://psalm516.blogspot.com/2019/07/jean-williams-journey-guest-p...

I looked forward to finishing homeschooling after twelve years. I loved doing it, but needed a break. I was happy to visit colleges with our son, and it has all worked out well.

This book sounds interesting as it delves into trust issues from the POV of a young adult character. Great subject.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service