GIVEAWAY EVENT - Kicks off at

"Live" Chat FEBRUARY 19th at 8 PM Eastern Standard Time

ABOUT THE BOOK (208 pages):

One mother damaged. One family tested. One daughter determined to find her place.

Claire Lee’s life changes when she must take charge of her siblings after her mother becomes depressed from a difficult childbirth. Frightened by the way Mama sleeps too much and her crying spells during waking hours, ClaireLee just knows she’ll catch her illness like a cold or flu which hangs on through winter. ClaireLee finds comfort in the lies she tells herself and others in order to hide the truth about her erratic mother. Deciding she needs to re-invent herself, she sets out to impress a group of popular girls.

With her deception, ClaireLee weaves her way into the Lavender Girls Club, the most sophisticated girls in school. Though her best friend Belinda will not be caught with the likes of such shallow puddles, ClaireLee ignores Belinda’s warnings the Lavenders cannot be trusted. ClaireLee drifts further from honesty, her friend, and a broken mother’s love, until one very public night at the yearly school awards ceremony. The spotlight is on her, and she finds her courage and faces the truth and then ClaireLee saves her mother’s life.

ABOUT THE BOOK (315 pages): What if your child shot himself while you were in the next room? What if you held him as his heartbeat for the last time? What if Satan whispered in your ear, "Now where is your God?" Find out how Jean Ann Williams reached out with her spirit and mind to the one true Father. Discover how the Lord God answered her and walked alongside her in the most difficult grieving journey of her life.

ABOUT BOOK: Fifteen-year-old Kari Rose discovers how much trouble she and her two sisters can get into when they stay at their ancient granny's for spring break. Granny gets a wild-haired notion at three in the morning, and she’s leaving with or without them. Kari makes the decision to take her sisters and ride with Granny in her old Cadillac on a five-hundred-mile-long trip north to visit family. Miles down the road, this harmless act finds Granny no longer able to drive, and Kari must take the wheel. Soon after, the four travelers are caught in a freeway-closing-down snowstorm which brings everyone and everything to a standstill. 

A second blizzard with catastrophic impact is about to descend upon them, and Kari must determine the best way to find shelter and beat the storm. Will Kari trust her gut instincts and rely upon a complete stranger to lead them to safety?

ABOUT AUTHOR: Jean Ann Williams is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers, and Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators. She has contributed articles on suicide loss at, and currently for Putting on the New blog, and her own Love Truth blog. Jean Ann and her husband live on one acre in Southern Oregon where they raise a garden, fruit orchard, goats, and chickens. Her favorite hobbies are hiking through the woods, practicing archery with her bow, and big game hunting. Their two remaining children have blessed them with thirteen grandchildren, their baker’s dozen. To contact Jean Ann, please visit her website at or her blog at

1. Anyone seen a good movie lately? If so what was it? Why did you like it?

2. What do you expect when you pick up a Christian Fiction novel?

3. What are you reading now?

NOTE: When you are done reading the book please post where you've reviewed the book and please place a copy of your review here. THANKS!

(Make Sure that Your Name, Address and Phone Number are CURRENT - We will be using that information in the drawing)

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me

Nora St.Laurent

#AD Contest Sponsored by Author/Publisher

Views: 160

Replies to This Discussion

I just love the new Sampson and Delilah movie.  This was always a favorite Biblical story of mine, and I just love it all over again!

I hope it's okay for me to join in. All winter, I've been reading historical (1700's and 1800's ) Christian fiction. I've found a few authors who are helping me see through their stories where my writing is weak. This is perfect timing, also, so I can apply what I learn to a book I'm currently editing. Mary Connealy is a FANTASTIC storyteller, and I'm reading all her books at this very moment.  What a fun question, Nora!

I just finished My Valentine, a novella by Tracie Peterson and Across the Blue by Carrie Turansky. Haven't quite decided what is next. I bought Christy over Christmastime. Maybe I will get that out and begin the re-read of that one. 

Not sure why my replies from the other day are blank but...I guess I didn't have much to say the other day! :) I am reading Ashley Farley's newest Beyond the Garden, listening to The Saturday Night Supper Club by Carla Laureano and also reading I will Love You Forever by Cori Salchert.

3. Reading several today. One audio romance western, one cookbook on kindle and one romance on goggle play. I can get a lot more knitting done for charity when I can listen to the book. I've yet a few of your books so pleas enter my name in the contest, 

2.  Something that will touch my heart and emotions.  If I cry, have tears, or laugh, chuckle, stop and pray because something answered what I was praying about, or absolute page turner - then automatic 5 star review.

2. I expect a clean read; that's why I choose books by Christian authors.  There are so many books and not enough time now as it is!  

3. I'm currently reading A Light on the Hill by Connilynn Cossette.

Are you giving away paperback or e-books?  Thanks for the chance to win.

Hi Vickie, I'm giving away  e-books. :)

Okay. Please don't enter my name in the drawing. I am blessed to have them already.

I am currently reading The Candle Factory Girl by Tania Crosse.  In Christian Fiction I like a good story without foul language, intimate situations, etc.  I expect Christian elements to be present (faith, prayer).

When I pick up a Christian Fiction, I expect to read a good clean story that encourages me in my walk with God without bad language or reference to sew.  I especially enjoy a little humor, suspense and adventure.  

I would love to be entered for a PB of Just Claire.

My husband and I rarely go to the movies but I wanted to see 15/17 to Paris. I really enjoyed it. My husband got bored during all the sight seeing scenes. He wanted all the action parts. I thought it was so interesting that the actual guys that lived through it played themselves.

Im also planning to go see the movie about Paul. We’re studying his final journeys in Bible study Sunday mornings.

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

• Add Videos

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2018   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service