DRAWING STARTS 

AUGUST 21st 

ABOUT BOOK: Fifteen-year-old Kari Rose discovers how much trouble she and her two sisters can get into when they stay at their ancient granny's for spring break. Granny gets a wild-haired notion at three in the morning, and she’s leaving with or without them. Kari makes the decision to take her sisters and ride with Granny in her old Cadillac on a five-hundred-mile-long trip north to visit family. Miles down the road, this harmless act finds Granny no longer able to drive, and Kari must take the wheel. Soon after, the four travelers are caught in a freeway-closing-down snowstorm which brings everyone and everything to a standstill. 

A second blizzard with catastrophic impact is about to descend upon them, and Kari must determine the best way to find shelter and beat the storm. Will Kari trust her gut instincts and rely upon a complete stranger to lead them to safety?

ABOUT AUTHOR: Jean Ann Williams is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers, and Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators. She has contributed articles on suicide loss at www.opentohope.com, and currently for Putting on the New blog, and her own Love Truth blog. Jean Ann and her husband live on one acre in Southern Oregon where they raise a garden, fruit orchard, goats, and chickens. Her favorite hobbies are hiking through the woods, practicing archery with her bow, and big game hunting. Their two remaining children have blessed them with thirteen grandchildren, their baker’s dozen. To contact Jean Ann, please visit her website at www.jeanannwilliamsauthor.com or her blog at www.joshua-mom.blogspot.com

MUST ANSWER ONE OF THE QUESTIONS TO BE ENTERED IN DRAWING

1. What is your favorite memory of a great-grandmother or grandmother?

2. As a child, did you ever feel insecure with a great-grandmother's or grandmother's decision? And if so, did it make you angry or sad, or were you able to shrug it off.

3. As a teen, did you ever make a decision which you felt would be what a parent would want but they weren't happy with your choice? If so, what was it?

4. If you could have one person you have lost touch with call you p tonight and invite you to dinner, who would you want it to be? Why?

NAMES DRAWN BELOW

Gail Hollingsworth for paperback copy of Road Trip of Delusion.

The post card winners are: Cathy Deyoung, Carrie Gould, and Connie Saunders.

Please be sure to email me at jeanann_w@yahoo.com with your updated postal address. 

If you have any question please feel free to contact me nora@bookfunmagazine.com
Nora St.Laurent

#AD Contest Sponsored by Author/Publisher

Views: 149

Replies to This Discussion

My favorite memory is of the huge family dinners my grandmother hosted on Thursday nights. The doors were open to anyone who came by and there was always a full house .

Most definitely,  Heidi, the Swiss exchage student our family sponsored over 20

years ago!  We keep in touch, via the internet.  We have discussed getting together with 

our families!  

Many thanks, Cindi

Cindi, would you email me? I need your correct address. Thank you.

What I can remember was my grandmother died when I was 14. We were living in Delaware at the time and my grandmother lived in Ohio. I was writing to a friend about the trip and I had written "On the road thinking about my grandmother. I got bored so I started reading." My mother read that and got angry. She said it made it sound like my grandmother was boring. I hardly knew her and I was 14. Needless to say the letter never got to the recipient.

My great grandparents lived in a trailer on my grandpa's property, so we got to spend a lot of time with them.  Every Christmas we went to their place first and Grandma Metts always gave me and my cousin a beaded change purse and Santa Book of lifesavers. 

My Paternal Great Grandmother lived with my grandparents as long as I can remember until she passed away. I spent lots of time there and because the neighbor kids were mean and wouldn't let me play on their swing set she paid for me to have a brand new one at their house. A few years later she bought me a piano that I still have today because I wanted to take lessons and my parents didn't have a lot of money.

she always kept the soft peppermint sticks and Juicy Fruit gum in her room and shared with us grandkids. The funniest thing I remember about her was she always wore an apron around her waist with pockets. She kept a tin snuff box in one pocket and dipped every now and then. She also would pour her hot coffee from her cup into the saucer and do what was called "saucer and blow". Then she would make the loudest noise slurping it!

1.. My memories of my paternal grandmother revolve around making biscuits in her farmhouse kitchen, singing with her as she worked and brushing her long gray hair as she napped. Precious memories, how they linger!

My favorite (and earliest) memory of my great grandmother is travelling with my family to her home to visit and when she opened her front door a whole litter of golden retriever puppies spilled out and came running down the sidewalk to greet me. I remember plopping down on the sidewalk and having puppies pouncing all over me! Ohhh, thank you for this question! I needed this moment!

Thank you, ladies, for stopping by my author page so you may be entered for the book giveaway of "Road Trip of Delusion" and three post cards which depict the travel areas of the story. There will be four drawings for the total four items. I'll be picking winners tomorrow morning and announcing them the same day. 

The winner is: Gail Hollingsworth for paperback copy of Road Trip of Delusion. The post card winners are: Cathy Deyoung, Carrie Gould, and Connie Saunders. Please be sure to email me at jeanann_w@yahoo.com with your updated postal address. 

Thank you to everyone who dropped by in August. :)

Thank you so much!  Address has been sent.

Thank you so much!!  

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Another Important Poll

Birthdays

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Videos

• Add Videos

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2018   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service