GIVEAWAY

LAST DAY TO ENTER

SEPT 30th

The Hidden Treasure of Dutch Buffalo Creek was first published in 2015. The award winning novel was released as an audiobook on May 1, 2018.

BOOK BLURB: " An aging man named James thinks he sees gold in the Dutch Buffalo Creek. 

Instead he finds a bayonet that had been buried in the mud for over two centuries. 

A Hessian soldier abandoned the blade during the War for American Independence. 

The bayonet prompts James to search through a den full of artifacts and books to discover the meaning of the metal. 

His search leads him to discover spiritual treasures." 

About the author : 

Vincent James Vezza writes this book under the pseudonym of Jackson Badgenoone, pronounced Badge-No-One. Translucent memoirs of family members are woven into historical fiction. Jackson penned a sequel novella, Neverborn, published in April 2018.

Both books amplify the message that we are called by name to salvation. The novel culminates with a quote from Isaiah 45:3. The sequel novella is inspired by 2 Chronicles 7:14. 

Under his given name, Vincent published a short story titled The Cranny, and another titled the Monarch and the Moth.  For more information, visit his publisher website, www.hiddentreasurenovels.com 

CONGRATS TO

Caryl Kane

YOUR NAME WAS DRAWN

(I've sent your contact information to the author)

THANKS to everyone for participating.

More book Fun Ahead!

Nora ;o)

MUST ANSWER ONE

QUESTION TO BE ENTERED

1). What is your earliest childhood memory?

2). If you worked outside of the home, do you still keep in touch with former co-workers, and what do you talk about?

3). Life has ups and downs. In my debut novel, I refer to them as high water markers. What is the most meaningful high water marker of your life?

4). My books deal with the impact of change. What was the most challenging change you experienced?

THANKS for helping make TBCN a Book Fun Place to Be!

If you have any question please feel free to contact me nora@bookfunmagazine.com

Nora St.Laurent

#AD Contest Sponsored by Author/Publisher

Views: 86

Replies to This Discussion

1). What is your earliest childhood memory?

I remember being in my bassinet laying down with the mobile above me. The bassinet was parked in front of my mother's dresser in my parents bedroom. Being surprised I recalled this memory, I asked my mom if she ever put the bassinet in that spot. And she answered yes, why. She was surprised to hear i remembered that. She said I would have been an infant.

I do very occasionally keep in touch w/ the people I worked with and we usually begin w/ how we are doing and eventually the conversation morphs into what has happened w/ people at the workplace and the changes there.

I used to work outside the home until approximately 16 years ago when i transferred to "working inside the home" an outside job.  I still am friends with my old boss and an old coworker.  We talk about life nowadays, not really about "the old times" We are great friends and it's nice staying in touch and continuing our friendship.  I'm going to have  breakfast with my old boss in the next few weeks.

Thanks for the opportunity.

in Him,

Cheri :)

Oh but this sounds like a wonderful book.  My son would love this.

1. My earliest childhood memory:  I am the oldest of five children. When mom was pregnant with child number three, she was in bed rest. At the time I didnt understand, other than by mom staying in bed she was protecting the baby. So they had a black woman come in while dad was gone. She cleaned house, and made it fun for us to join in. She took care of my brother and I. She was so patient and fun. She was on the chubby side, at least that was what I thought then. She loved to have us sit on her lap and she would tell the most memorable and wonderful stories. We obeyed her and gave her no trouble not only because that is what mom and dad said, but because without her saying anything about it, she commanded gently that we do obey. Now I can look back and see that my brother and I respected her for who she was inside. So it was easy to obey her and let her into our lives.  I am now sixty and she is still a part of my life.   

quilting dash lady at comcast dot net

#1 Yes. I remember a cactus and desert landscape. I would have been 1 or younger to remember when we lived there.

1. I remember the swing we had in our front yard. I was probably about 4. I don't remember much before that--just a little about the house we lived in. That being said, sometimes I don't remember what happened yesterday! LOL

My parents divorce was the most challenging change I experienced.

We picked up and  moved to another state leaving our home of many years, friends, familiar places etc behind. It was very challenging but has allowed us to spend time with our grandchildren now that wet can be closer. 

2) I worked in one office for almost 15 years. While no longer there, I keep in touch with two co-workers from there. We get together several times a year for lunch or a shopping trip. Mostly we talk about our families. One of them still works in that office, so we talk about that work places some=)

pattymh2000(at)yahoo(dot)com

I did work outside the home for several years before my first child was born. I have several of my co-workers as facebook friends, but I don't really spend time with them in person these days. We interact occasionally on social media which is better than nothing, I think, but my life is so different from what is was in those days, I feel like we don't have as much in common.

I did work outside the home for several years before my first child was born. I have several of my co-workers as facebook friends, but I don't really spend time with them in person these days. We interact occasionally on social media which is better than nothing, I think, but my life is so different from what is was in those days, I feel like we don't have as much in common. My email is sneezybee23 at yahoo dot com.

1. One of my earliest memories is sitting on a step between the kitchen and living room of my grandparents' farm house and singing along with my grandmother as she worked in her kitchen. She believed in 'singing while she worked' and I have tried to live by her philosophy!

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service