DRAWING STARTS OCTOBER 21st

ENTER TODAY

Book Blurb: The Monarch and the Moth is the latest installment in a series of short stories written by Vincent James Vezza. This book explores the nature of change as seen through the eyes of children and their aging grandparents.

" Her head lurched up, then down, then up again as she made her way toward the tip of the tender twig. In the motionless air, it was suspended above the parched creek bed. On an adjoining twig, moving in the opposite direction, another caterpillar made her way toward the trunk of the old oak tree. The twigs stemmed from a shared branch that protruded ten feet above the exposed roots anchored in the western bank of the now silent waterway.

The silence was broken with a snap of the branch and then a splash in a shallow pool of water. The reflection of the majestic tree disappeared in a ring of concentric waves. The caterpillars found themselves in a new world dominated by tadpoles."

About the author : 

Vincent James Vezza published his first book in 2015, under the pseudonym of Jackson Badgenoone, pronounced Badge-No-One. Translucent memoirs of family members are woven into historical fiction in that award winning novel, The Hidden Treasure of Dutch Buffalo Creek. Jackson penned a sequel novella, Neverborn, published in April 2018.

Under his given name, Vincent recently published a short story titled The Cranny and follow-up story titled the Monarch and the Moth. Other books scheduled for publication are listed at his publisher website, www.hiddentreasurenovels.com.

MUST ANSWER ONE QUESTION TO BE ENTERED IN DRAWING

1.  What do caterpillars and tadpoles have in common?

2.  Why might they be afraid of change?

3.  What keeps people from accepting change, even when it may offer new life?

CONGRATS TO JULIE BARRETT

THANKS to Everyone that participated.

We have more Book Fun Ahead for November and December.

Julie I've sent your contact information to the author.

BLESSINGS to ALL!! 

Tell your friends.

Nora :o)

TBCN Where Book Fun Begins!

Views: 55

Replies to This Discussion

3. fear they will fail.

just saw monarchs on our walk through preserve over the weekend. they seem to be confused with weather change here in northeast.

thanks for the chance

Julie

3. People fear the unknown and losing control over circumstances (which they really don't have anyway).

Caterpillars and tadpoles share the fact that they are at the beginning of their journey and facing changes to become "who" they were meant to be. We can all see that message in our lives at one time or another!

3. I think people have a hard time accepting change because they fear the unknown. They get in their comfort zone and want to stay there. They might be afraid their circumstances will get worse instead of better.

3. I agree with what others have said. I think fear is a huge part of my some people refuse to accept change. Fear of the unknown, fear of failure, fear of consequences, etc.

Fear of the unknown may keep people from change.  Also, change can be painful.

Caterpillars &tadpoles are both in the beginning  stages of change. So much more to life is just around the bend!

#3 - Sometimes people become complacent, or have a fear of the unknown, so they'd rather go with what they know.

3. People are afraid of the unknown, even if their circumstances are bad, they feel safer in them than in taking a risk.

Thanks for sharing this book, it looks very interesting.

2.  Why might they be afraid of change?

Fear of the unknown can be very powerful. They don't know what is coming and, even if told it will be a wonderful thing, there will still be some fear.

They both change into different things.

CONGRATS TO JULIE BARRETT

THANKS to Everyone that participated.

We have more Book Fun Ahead for November and December.

Julie I've sent your contact information to the author.

BLESSINGS to ALL!! 

Tell your friends.

Nora :o)

TBCN Where Book Fun Begins!

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Another Important Poll

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Videos

• Add Videos

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2018   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service