Mail-Order Refuge is FREE on Kindle this month. Get it now!! Link Above 

DRAWING STARTS 

MAY 21st

BOOK BLURB:

The Hidden Treasure of Dutch Buffalo Creek was first published in 2015. The award winning novel was released as an audiobook on May 1, 2018.

" An aging man named James thinks he sees gold in the Dutch Buffalo Creek. 

Instead he finds a bayonet that had been buried in the mud for over two centuries. 

A Hessian soldier abandoned the blade during the War for American Independence. 

The bayonet prompts James to search through a den full of artifacts and books to discover the meaning of the metal. 

His search leads him to discover spiritual treasures." 

About the author : 

Vincent James Vezza writes this book under the pseudonym of Jackson Badgenoone, pronounced Badge-No-One. Translucent memoirs of family members are woven into historical fiction. Jackson penned a sequel novella, Neverborn, published in April 2018.

Both books amplify the message that we are called by name to salvation. The novel culminates with a quote from Isaiah 45:3. The sequel novella is inspired by 2 Chronicles 7:14. 

Under his given name, Vincent recently published a short story titled The Cranny. Ten other books are scheduled for publication. The list is available at his publisher website, www.hiddentreasurenovels.com

MUST ANSWER ONE OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS TO BE ENTERED

1)  The knife-blade bayonet in this story represents hate and war. A golden ring is also woven into the plot. What do you think that ring might represent?

2)  In his formative years, the principal character struggles with denominational theology but in time accepts Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior. How do you imagine reconciliation between love and hate absent a personal relationship with God?

3)  Never-born souls observe the spiritual growth of each character in the story. Who do you think those observers might represent?

CONGRATS TO NAME DRAWN

Anne Rightler 

I have sent your contact information to the author. Thanks for your participation!

HAPPY SUMMER!

If you have any question please feel free to contact me nora@bookfunmagazine.com
Nora St.Laurent

#AD Contest Sponsored by Author/Publisher

Views: 207

Replies to This Discussion

This Memorial Day weekend please find a moment to remember all those who paid the ultimate price for our freedom, from the War for American Independence to the current day conflict in the Middle East.

1. Rings in marriage signify everlasting love, so may it is something similar in this story?

This sounds like a great read, thanks for offering it here.

Hello Carrie,  Thank you for your observation. The ring first appears in a chapter titled "Around A Georgia Campfire." It is a gift from a Hessian soldier to his friend, given as a wedding present. The ring follows the newly married man and his bride back to Germany. Generations later in a chapter titled " A Small Price To Pay " the ring creates a moment of peace in a war-weary world. In the final chapter the ring is reunited with the eighteenth century bayonet as each presents a choice to the reader, love or hate, peace or war. 

The golden circle is perhaps a reminder that as a circle has no end, neither do our spiritual lives  if we choose to spend Eternity with God.  It may also pertain to a golden crown! This book sounds fascinating and I appreciate the chance to win an audio version.

Hello Connie. Thank you for your thoughtful insights. In the final chapter the ring is placed near the open page of a bible that reveals the words from John 13:34-35

#3 perhaps angels??? 

I love audio books. So glad to see them being offered. 

Good evening Anne. Audiobook brings a new dimension to the narrative. Never-born aren't angels but they do influence our lives. The narrator brings their voices to life in this version of the story. 

CONGRATS TO NAME DRAWN

Anne Rightler 

I have sent your contact information to the author. Thanks for your participation!

HAPPY SUMMER!

Congratulations Anne!

The Hidden Treasure of Dutch Buffalo Creek is an unusual look at several generations of a family as seen and documented by individuals who have never been born. The book clearly expresses Christian values as the individual lives are described and followed throughout their life experiences. I noted two key points in the story (and there are others as well) 1) the importance of knowing you are called by name by the Creator God and 2) the importance of legacy--what one's life will mean to those who come in the future. It is definitely a thought-provoking book written in a unique manner. I was given a complimentary copy of the audiobook and was not required to write a review. The opinions are my own.

Good morning Anne. Thank you for the thoughtful review. You perfectly captured the key points. I tried to underscore the importance of each name in the altar call moment described in the chapter titled "What's in a Name." The sequel novella, Neverborn, expands on the revelation, recognizing that ultimately we are called by HIS name. Have a blessed day. Vincent

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service