JULY 2019- $10.00 GIFT CARD GIVEAWAY - PLUS ENTRIES FOR PILLOW CASE & LEFT BEHIND SERIES

GIVEAWAY STARTS

JULY 22nd

NOVELLA BOOK BLURB: Did you ever have a period of time in your life when the whole world crashed in on you? Rachael, the principal character in this book had such a time; an entire year of tragic events piled one upon the other. She finds strength and reassurance from the imagined voices of her never-born children. Her path leads her to write about relentless attacks on her spirit. Along the way she seeks solace from reading about others who have experienced similar loss. Rachael’s family and friends join her on this exploratory journey. They consider the written works that influence her life. That intellectual exercise morphs into an emotional and spiritual adventure. Perhaps the imagined voices are real.

ABOUT AUTHOR: JACKSON BADGENOONE 

Following a career in educational publishing and technology, Vincent James Vezza began writing a number of short stories. He uses the pseudonym of Jackson Badgenoone, pronounced Badge-no-one, for full-length works. In this new book, Neverborn, Jackson, is able to share the story of Rachael, a woman who deals with often-silenced issues of devastating loss, and extraordinary bereavement 

CONGRATS

DEANA DICK

Your Name was drawn for the $10.00 Gift Card

Thanks for helping make TBCN A Book Fun Place to be!

MUST ANSWER ONE OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS TO BE ENTERED

1. We all deal with loss at sometime in our lives. What are some ways you deal with grief? Help a friend deal with loss and the grieving process?

2. How do you deal with and/or help friends deal with the concept bad things happen to good people?

3. This is a novella that imagines the voices of the never-born. What do you think the story is about?

4. What do you think that our Lord was trying to reveal through Jeremiah 1:5, "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you...."

5. What is the most difficult parenting challenge you've had to face?

BONUS ENTRY:

Every Author group you join and participate in you get your name in the hat for the The Left Behind Series (Complete set HB)

PLUS a chance for One Pillow case. 

PLEASE put down which item you'd like the extra entries to go toward!

BLESSINGS to Everyone -

Thanks for making this a Book Fun Place to Be!

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me nora@bookfunmagazine.com

Nora :o)

Views: 58

Replies to This Discussion

I find dealing with grief to be a personal process.  I am not the type of person to talk about my feelings with someone else.  I lost my father three years ago and I miss him every single day.  I handle my grief by getting up every day and keep moving forward.  I try to remember the things he taught me and use them.   My extra entry for Left Behind series.  Thank you!

I lost my brother in March. He had stage IV colon cancer which spread to his liver and lungs, i was his full time care giver and promised him I would never put him in a hone or hospital. I was with him when he took his last breath. The loss has been overwhelming and I’m just now able to accept his death. I recently started going to a Grief Share group which has helped a lot. Other people in the group share about their loss and we encourage each other,. The program is biblically based so there are lots of scriptures to fall back on. Each day is a struggle but I’m finding that I am growing closer to God as I  take this journey. Please add my name for Left Behind Series, Thank you, 

I think the best way to help someone deal with grief is to be there for them. Sometimes words aren't needed,  just a hug and your willingness to listen. 

I think both pillowcases are beautiful. I really love the ducks! 

4. I think it means that we had a pre-mortal life with him, and he knew us well. 

I think one of the most challenging experiences as a mom has been to deal wisely with an alcoholic daughter. As a teen she was more rebellious than her 4 siblings and ended up making a number of wrong decisions. In her early 20s she decided to be sober and was for 12 years. Once again circumstances overwhelmed and she made the choice to drink again. Finally after a yr and 1/2 she has decided again to be sober and is now 11 days in. Praise God. It has been hard to watch and be unable to fix. But we know that God is able and we are trusting Him to bring full healing to her spirit.  

I just realized that we don't have to choose between the books and the pillow case, but that are are 2 different pillow cases!  Am I correct?  I LOVE the Christmas one.

Anyway, I am currently facing  my most challenging parenting situation now.  My oldest son has severe behavioral issues and is at a residential treatment facility.   I fear for his future.   

I deal with grief by drawing close to God and leaning on my friends and family for support.

I'd like my entry to go toward the LB series.

Dealing with grief by relying on God. Have learned that trying to get by on our own is not possible. We need each other.

I have learned to deal with all the emotions of grief.  My emotions tells me a lot of how I am dealing with it. I pour out my heart to God and to others. I am very careful with the people I am sharing with because I would not want to impede their own grief. Through God I have learned to listen, just be in the presence of others who are actively grieving, writing notes and/or letters of encouragement to them. Remembering days that would be hard for them especially that first year. One of the most important things I can do sometimes is not to hijacked their experience by sharing mine.

i like the white blanket.

I help myself and others to remember that we live in a fallen world and that is one big reason why bad things happen. Sometimes people want to go on the blaming route but if you go all the way on that route, you will end up at Adam and Eve and the serpent. God has not kept us clueless and if we seek His help, He will be with us in the times of trouble as well as good times. 

I found teaching our son to drive to be very challenging and scary. Yikes!!! Easily distracted.

The book sounds really good. I am  curious about it. Perhaps it in some way utilizes the imagined voices of the ones who have been aborted? Especially the Bible verse quoted is used a lot in discussion of abortions.

Grief can often overwhelm. Staying close to God and ministering to others helps as we live with it.

CONGRATS to DEANA DICK

Your Name was Drawn for the Gift Card

THANKS for helping make TBCN A Book Fun Place to BE!

Nora :o)

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service