GIVEAWAY

STARTS DECEMBER 20th

ENTER TODAY!

BACK COVER: An army of tadpoles circle in a shallow cranny - a pool of water isolated from the rivulet that continues to the sea. An aging man enters their world. He connects the dots of their existence to other tadpole armies and other species that share the gift of life.

About Author : 

Vincent James Vezza published The Hidden Treasure of Dutch Buffalo Creek, award winning debut novel, under the pseudonym of Jackson Badgenoone, pronounced Badge-No-One. Translucent memoirs of family members are woven into historical fiction. Jackson penned a sequel novella, Neverborn, published in April, 2018. 

A month later, under his given name, Vincent published a short story prequel, The Cranny. In October, 2018,  he published a follow-up short story, The Monarch and the Moth. All of his works deal with change

MUST ANSWER ONE OF THE

QUESTIONS BELOW TO BE ENTERED!

1). What might tadpoles think as they confront metamorphosis?

2). Why do some people resist change?

3). Why is it more difficult to respond to change during the holidays?

4). If a natural disaster was going to hit your neighborhood forcing evacuation, and you are told you could only take three movies, three books, and three albums with you; name one of those items that you'd keep.

5) Do you judge a book by it's cover?

If so, what book did you read that you were put off by it's cover; then when you read the book you LOVED it? To tell!

**REMINDER** 

Every Author group you join and participate in you get your name in the hat for the Snowman Quilt.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!

CARRIE GOULD

Your Name was Drawn

I've sent your contact information to the Author.

BLESSINGS to Everyone - Thanks for making this a Book Fun Place to Be!

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me nora@bookfunmagazine.com

Nora:o)

Nora St.Laurent

#AD Contest Sponsored by Author/Publisher

Views: 248

Replies to This Discussion

Change can be difficult for people.  I know I used to resist change until I started to see change as exciting.  God can't fulfill His plan in our lives until things change ... and when looked at that way, trusting God that He has you through the change, then it gets exciting!

Thank you for this opportunity to win a gift card (Amazon) and a chance to win the quilt!

In Him,

Cheri Swalwell :)

Thank you Cheri. This is the first Christmas without Mom. Our Lord allowed me to pen the faith we share in several of my works. Have a very Merry Christmas. 

I think change is difficult because we are used to being comfortable in what we know.  Stepping out into the unknown can be scary but the rewards can be great when we find the courage to embrace change and let the Lord lead us in a new direction. 

Thank you Cathy. What an amazing Lord we serve. Have a Merry Christmas. 

Change is difficult for people because it’s the unknown they fear. We get comfortable in our everyday life . When change comes we aren’t sure what is about to happen. When we learn to trust God in everything, change won’t bother us,

Thank you Deanna. What a beautiful Savior we have in Jesus, He who inspired us to Fear Not. Have a Merry Christmas. 

4. I'd definitely go for the family albums with our pictures/life stories/etc. in them. I'm not sure how I'd pick which ones, as we have more than 3, but I'd for sure grab as many as I could. None of the books or movies I have are irreplaceable, but the family albums would be impossible to replace.

Thank you Winnie. Cherish every memory and have a Merry Christmas. 

Please also add my name to the drawing for the quilt. 

Answering the natural disaster question:

I would take the three books: my CSB study Bible, my current journal, and (probably) The Masterpiece by Francine Rivers.  

As sad I would be to lose my scrapbooks, I have my photos backed up online, so I could always remake them. 

Hi Jolene. I incorporated elements of my journal into my debut novel. It actually helped me to form an outline for the book. Preserving photos on line is a great insurance policy. It also allows you to share memories in this digital age. I've saved numerous photos to Pinterest and plan to hyperlink them into the story line of an eBook.

Thank you for sharing. Have a blessed New Year. 

Change is so hard.  I love the analogy of tadpoles going through metamorphosis.  I know, I personally have had lots of change, myself,  in the past couple years including a divorce, relocation, new job, going from homeschooling my kids to sending them to public school, new job-full time at that when I have been primarily a stay at home mom for 11 years.  I have been angry, happy, apathetic, excited, depressed, and a million other emotions.  It is hard going through change when you don't know the final outcome.  But then you do come out on the other side different, stronger, successful, and blessed, so...

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service