Mail-Order Refuge is FREE on Kindle this month. Get it now!! Link Above 

GIVEAWAY

DRAWING STARTS 

AUGUST 21st

The Hidden Treasure of Dutch Buffalo Creek was first published in 2015. The award winning novel was released as an audiobook on May 1, 2018.

BOOK BLURB: " An aging man named James thinks he sees gold in the Dutch Buffalo Creek. 

Instead he finds a bayonet that had been buried in the mud for over two centuries. 

A Hessian soldier abandoned the blade during the War for American Independence. 

The bayonet prompts James to search through a den full of artifacts and books to discover the meaning of the metal. 

His search leads him to discover spiritual treasures." 

About the author : 

Vincent James Vezza writes this book under the pseudonym of Jackson Badgenoone, pronounced Badge-No-One. Translucent memoirs of family members are woven into historical fiction. Jackson penned a sequel novella, Neverborn, published in April 2018.

Both books amplify the message that we are called by name to salvation. The novel culminates with a quote from Isaiah 45:3. The sequel novella is inspired by 2 Chronicles 7:14. 

Under his given name, Vincent published a short story titled The Cranny, and another titled the Monarch and the Moth.  For more information, visit his publisher website, www.hiddentreasurenovels.com 

CONGRATS TO KRISTINA 

Your name was drawn. Your contact information was sent to the author.

Thanks for helping make TBCN a Book Fun Place to be!

MUST ANSWER ONE

QUESTION TO BE ENTERED

1). What was your favorite subject in school and how would you describe your teacher?

2). Do you still keep in touch with former classmates and what are the best memories you share with them?

3). Did you keep a log during those school years and what was your most memorable entry?

4). My books deal with the impact of change. What was the most challenging change you experienced?

THANKS for helping make TBCN a Book Fun Place to Be!

If you have any question please feel free to contact me nora@bookfunmagazine.com

Nora St.Laurent

#AD Contest Sponsored by Author/Publisher

Views: 94

Replies to This Discussion

Math was one of my favorite subjects and my favorite teacher was Mr. Henning.  He was a wonderful math teacher that loved his subject.

I loved literature and still love stories and writing. Many of my teachers were enthusiastic and encouraging.

My favorite subject in school was history.  Mr Mitchell made history come alive for his students. He would dress up, he had other adults help him at times. He made learning history fun. Some things were put to song, like the presidents and what order they were in. I still remember him and if I could I would tell him what a wonderful impact he had on my life and then my children.   quilting dash lady at comcast dot net

I know it's an odd choice, but I loved geometry. The teacher was enthusiastic and made the class interesting. It was so different from any other course that I took and really captured my interest. 

I don't recall having a favorite class in HS (It was a LONG time ago). I do vaguely remember having a crush on a teacher--maybe history? There is one HS classmate that I have been in touch with in recent years. She also went to nursing school with me. My friends in HS were mostly friends from my church rather than my school. In fact I married one of my church friends :) 

I keep in touch with my classmates via email, FB, and the good old-fashioned telephone.

Tomorrow, I will be saying goodbye to one of my classmates. He and his wife died in a house fire.

We will soon be celebrating 50 years of Memories.

Thanks for entering me in your giveaway.

Yes, I’m still best friends with several of my classmates. I also see others occasionally and stay in touch on Facebook. 

My favorite subject was Algebra (all levels) and Geometry. It came so easily for me that I took all those classes to keep my GPA up! I hated english and history. NOW, those are my two favorite things to learn and teach my kids. Funny how that changes! Must have been the teachers, though. The history teacher was dull and boring. My math teachers were hilarious and fun!  (don't enter me since I have won from you already this year) 

My favorite subjects in school were literature and history.  I had a delightful history teacher in high school who brought the subject alive.  He knew little known facts that made the subject more interesting.  He was a vibrant teacher who used props.  Class was never dull.  

Q1 My favorite subject in school was Reading or English. I had many different teachers with different styles. I think my teacher in 8th grade was my favorite for English. Mr Becker. He was very charismatic and energetic in his teaching. He also used a variety of mediums to teach things. He kept me interested in the material and he had a passion for teaching and for English and it showed. :)

1. I always enjoyed English and I especially loved History. My 8th grade teacher was an excellent teacher and she encouraged us to listen to the news and read the newspaper to keep abreast of current events because these happenings would one day be our history. I also had a wonderful experience as a junior in high school as I studied American History. My teacher hadn't been teaching long and I admit that I had a little bit of a crush on him but I certainly left his class knowing American history!

My books deal with the impact of change. What was the most challenging change you experienced?

The most impactful change happened when I met my husband. I went from a severely negative environment to a positive and uplifting one. For me, it helped me become more positive. For once in my life, I saw how our thoughts and emotions to situations directly impact how we cope and view that situation.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Birthdays

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service