AUGUST DRAWING STARTS  AUGUST 21st

NOVELLA BOOK BLURB:

Did you ever have a period of time in your life when the whole world crashed in on you? Rachael, the principal character in this book had such a time; an entire year of tragic events piled one upon the other. She finds strength and reassurance from the imagined voices of her never-born children. Her path leads her to write about relentless attacks on her spirit. Along the way she seeks solace from reading about others who have experienced similar loss. Rachael’s family and friends join her on this exploratory journey. They consider the written works that influence her life. That intellectual exercise morphs into an emotional and spiritual adventure. Perhaps the imagined voices are real.

ABOUT AUTHOR: JACKSON BADGENOONE 

Following a career in educational publishing and technology, Vincent James Vezza began writing a number of short stories. He uses the pseudonym of Jackson Badgenoone, pronounced Badge-no-one, for full-length works. In this new book, Neverborn, Jackson, is able to share the story of Rachael, a woman who deals with often-silenced issues of devastating loss, and extraordinary bereavement 

MUST ANSWER ONE OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS TO BE ENTERED

1. We all deal with loss at sometime in our lives. What are some ways you deal with grief? Help a friend deal with loss and the grieving process?

2. How do you deal with and/or help friends deal with the concept bad things happen to good people?

3. This is a novel that imagines the voices of the never-born. What do you think the story is about?

CONGRATS TO JACQUELINE ROBERTSON

Your name was drawn for the Gift Card.

(I have sent your contact information to the author)

If you have any question please feel free to contact me nora@bookfunmagazine.com
Nora St.Laurent

#AD Contest Sponsored by Author/Publisher

Views: 137

Replies to This Discussion

It's definitely a part of life. Just because you're doing everything you can to be a good person doesn't mean that nothing bad will ever happen to you. Everyone has their agency to make choices, and those choices impact other people for good or bad. We need to trust God to give us strength to make it through the bad times, as well as rejoice and be grateful during the good times.

I love the third question. I think the story may deal with helping those who have lost unborn children find a way to deal with that loss and perhaps to "communicate" with them. 

2. I try to show them that God is in control and has a purpose for everything. If it's death, I try to find the "good". For example, my mother fell and had a severe brain injury. She lived for a few months but was not herself, was not a happy person, BUT she was saved. The good in that is that first, she is with the Lord, second she is herself once again, and lastly, she is not in pain any more.

Dealing with grief is definitely a process that we must give ourselves permission to go through at our own pace. With the Lord's help, we will come out the other side.

This sounds like such a great book!

I have been struggling with the concept that bad things happen to good people, but try to remind myself that we live in a fallen world and men will let us down, but God never will.

One way I deal with grief is to read as much as possible.  Then I talk about the person who died.  I try to listen to other people talk about the ones that they have lost.

Loss is something everyone deals with differently. I think the most important lesson is to let them mourn, let them get it out their way - as long as they aren't being self destructive. During a loss we all just want to know we aren't alone and that we have people nearby. Just being a friend and being there - even if quietly is huge. 

Today there are many Grief Share classes at churches where several people who are mourning can watch videos, read scripture , and journal about their loss and feelings.  I would suggest that a friend participate in one of these groups.  I would also call that friend and listen and invite her to go somewhere to get involved in life.

I lost my mother on Thanksgiving Day this past year. She had lived with us for a year since she got unable to take care of herself. I had promised her no nursing home and no hospital. With the help of Hospice I took care of her right up until the end at my house. Losing her was hard. There's just something hard to explain about a mother/daughter relationship. After being housebound for a year, I told my husband I just needed to get away so we took a short trip in our RV. This year we are leaving again for the week of Thanksgiving. I don't want to be here at our house.

the best thing I think you can do for others grieving is to just be there. Hugs, food, cards, prayers, just anything to let them know you care. And you don't even have to say a word. Just be there.

1. Accept the reality of grief. Seek God for comfort. Read His Word, listen to Christian music, and minister to others to take your mind off yourself.

1. I rely on prayer and my faith to help me during times of loss and grief.  I try to help others by listening without commenting as they try to deal with their grief. I also think that the human touch is some times all that they need. A hug and a holding of hands often means so much!

3.  I think that this is a story of a mother that miscarries each of her pregnancies.  It sounds like an interesting story.  Thanks for the chance to win a prize.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Another Important Poll

Birthdays

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Videos

• Add Videos

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2018   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service