APRIL DRAWING STARTS  APRIL 21st

BOOK BLURB:

Did you ever have a period of time in your life when the whole world crashed in on you? Rachael, the principal character in this book had such a time; an entire year of tragic events piled one upon the other. She finds strength and reassurance from the imagined voices of her never-born children. Her path leads her to write about relentless attacks on her spirit. Along the way she seeks solace from reading about others who have experienced similar loss. Rachael’s family and friends join her on this exploratory journey. They consider the written works that influence her life. That intellectual exercise morphs into an emotional and spiritual adventure. Perhaps the imagined voices are real.

ABOUT AUTHOR: JACKSON BADGENOONE 

Following a career in educational publishing and technology, Vincent James Vezza began writing a number of short stories. He uses the pseudonym of Jackson Badgenoone, pronounced Badge-no-one, for full-length works. In this new book, Neverborn, Jackson, is able to share the story of Rachael, a woman who deals with often-silenced issues of devastating loss, and extraordinary bereavement 

MUST ANSWER ONE OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS TO BE ENTERED

1. We all deal with loss at sometime in our lives. What are some ways you deal with grief? Help a friend deal with loss and the grieving process?

2. How do you deal with and/or help friends deal with the concept bad things happen to good people?

3. This is a novel that imagines the voices of the never-born. What do you think the story is about?

NAME DRAWN

CONGRATS TO BECKY TOWER

I've sent your contact information to the author.

THANKS everyone for participating!

If you have any question please feel free to contact me nora@bookfunmagazine.com
Nora St.Laurent

#AD Contest Sponsored by Author/Publisher

Views: 267

Replies to This Discussion

We all deal with loss at sometime in our lives. What are some ways you deal with grief? Help a friend deal with loss and the grieving process?

I find it's different for every person.  Sometimes I hold it all in til the funeral is over and done with until I start my griefing process, listening to others messages left for me over the years on the phone, not wanting to let go.

I hope others have found it useful to be my firned when they need me in time of a death. As I don't drive all i can do is devote my time to when they reach out to talk to me and I can offer them advice for what worked for me and take things a day at a time.

Thanks for the chance,

Julie

Thank you Julie for sharing. Based on real loss in my family, the characters in my book also keep alive the good memories. After losing his son in a terrible accident, one character posts a photo every day on social media - for more than a year. I'm sure he would have welcomed your advice and comfort. 

Sounds like it is about babies that are never born— miscarriages. To help friends deal w/ loss, I just try to ‘be there’ for them. Give emotional and spiritual support and also physical support in terms of meals, running errands for them. Whatever I can do to help. 

Good evening Anne. Several of the women in my story do in fact face that type of loss. At least one of them finds a way to give voice to those never-born. The female characters would be nourished by the type of emotional, spiritual,and physical support you provide.  Thank you for sharing.

#3. I imagine this book tells the story of aborted and miscarried children. It seems like it might be a very sad story of what has been lost to the world. Even those who are born into the world who never find their God-ordained purposes, never choose Christ, are never born again. It could relate to their stories too.

Good afternoon Becky. You have a gift of discernment. The book considers those who are never-born, and souls they are called to observe, souls who draw breath. There is the sadness from loss but joy in the hope of salvation revealed through the characters and plot. 

2.  I often have to remind myself that we live in a fallen world and that people are going to let us down,  and we are going to suffer.  Even Jesus suffered.

This sounds like a great book.  Thank you for the chance to win a copy.

Good morning Carrie. We do live in a fallen world but God gives us comfort and hope through His Son Jesus. The characters in Neverborn discover that blessing as they overcome loss.

I have suffered a lot of losses. The way I grieve for each of them is different. Sometimes a good cry or two is all I need. For some of them, even though it's been quite some time, I still cry, but I always remember the good times we had.

Good evening Sally. We keep an ample supply of tissues in our home. But we too remember the good times. The loss and recovery experience in our family is preserved through the characters in my book. 

Good evening Vincent. I should buy stock in Puff's with how much I use it. lol How great to be able to honor and preserve their memories this way. I'm really looking forward to reading this. Have a good night.  :)

2. We live in a fallen world. I trust in the Lord's love for me. He will right every wrong in His timing.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Videos

• Add Videos

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2018   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service