ABOUT AUTHOR: Nicholas Marziani is a married Roman Catholic priest serving within the Personal Ordinariate of the Chair of St. Peter, a Catholic jurisdiction oriented toward preserving the historic Anglican Patrimony. He holds undergraduate and graduate degrees in engineering technology and marine/environmental studies, respectively, as well as advanced studies in theology and ministry, holding the Doctor of Ministry from the former Trinity Episcopal School for Ministry. He and his wife, Joanne, of 45 years have three adult children and seven grandchildren, two of which he baptized himself. Fr. Marziani and Joanne reside and work in St. Augustine, FL, and enjoy travel, volunteer work and reading good books - and visiting grandchildren from Boston to Texas,

ABOUT BOOK: HOLY FOOL, HOLY FATHER

"A young man embraces his heart and embarks on an unforgettable mission as he grows into the manhood - and ministry - to which God has called him, with a holy woman who gave up all to serve at his side. As they do so they knit worlds together, worlds that must either reconcile, or perish together."

LAST DAY TO ENTER DRAWING IS MARCH 21st

AUTHOR HAS DRAWN THE FOLLOWING NAMES

DEBORAH CAWLEY

MARY ARNDT

CONNIE SAUNDERS

PLEASE write author with Contact information Author Nick Marniclaus marniclaus@aol.com

The AUTHOR WILL PICK a name. The Name will be Posted here and announced to the group.

It's members responsibility to give the author their mailing info. (within 48 hours - another name will be drawn after that)

If you have any question please feel free to contact me nora@bookfunmagazine.com

Nora St.Laurent

#AD Contest Sponsored by Author/Publisher

Views: 131

Replies to This Discussion

A holy fool is one who gives away what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose.  Will check tomorrow to see what your definition is! Would love to win your book!

Well, that's one good illustration of the behavior of a Holy Fool, so I'll accept it. Actually, a Holy Fool, technically speaking, is a saint-like figure in the Eastern Orthodox churches, for which they have the noun, "Holy Fool." The HF - male or female - does weird things, including self-depreciating ones so as to not gain honor for themselves, and is often associated with miracles and wonder-working. They upend society's expectations and in so doing actually model the "holy foolishness" of Christ himself, who preached and humbled himself in ways that the "wise" of this world, as St. Paul says in First Corinthians, would never anticipate or appreciate.

Anyway, in Russian the word is "iurodyvne", or some variation of that; the Greeks have their own term. Here in the Western churches we don't have an actual word for folks like this, but we abound in our own examples of Holy Fools - just think St. Francis, as the best known example among both Catholics and Protestants. 

Please provide me your mailing address and I"ll get a signed copy of the book off to you within a day or two.

And thank you for entering the contest; sorry I couldn't stay for the entire chat session, but I had other pressing matters to attend to. God bless you, Deborah.

Regards and Blessings,

Nick Marziani

marniclaus@aol.com

I would like to read and review this book, PB. Review posted 2 - 5 weeks after receiving.

Hi Mary,

Thanks for writing me for the purpose of providing a review.

I'm new at this: what does PB mean? Anyway, please provide your mailing address and I'll get a signed copy off to you for the purpose.

Thanks,

Nick Marziani

marniclaus@aol.com

I wanted to answer and let you know PB stands for Paperback book.  This sounds like a very interesting book.  Thanks for being at the chat last night.

PB please. 10 weeks. Thank you!

Hi Connie,

As I asked Mary above, what does PB mean (I'm rather new at this)?

Thanks,

Nick Marziani

marniclaus@aol.com

PB means paperback copy. I see that someone else has already won. Thank you and Blessings!

I am pleased to announce that Deborah Cawley has essentially answered the question, "What is a Holy Fool?", and will be receiving a gift signed copy of the book in the near future. Congratulations to you, Deborah!

Two other ladies have requested copies for review posting purposes, Mary Arndt and Connie Saunders, and will also be receiving "working" copies as soon as I get their mailing addresses.

Thank you everyone who participated last night, and I apologize for having to leave the session early, as I had some things to take care of this morning, and my brain turns to mush (or a pumpkin - yea, that's it!) not long after 8 p.m.-ish.

God bless you all,

Nick Marziani

marniclaus@aol.com

Interesting conversation Nick and enjoyed hearing from the other members. I'm glad to hear that the others will be receiving books too. I didn't know what a Holy Fool was. Interesting to know. THANKS all for being at the chat. We left at about 8:30p.m. Everyone pretty was much able to log in and make their way around. I think we answered all their questions. This will get easier the more we do it! Grin! THANKS again!

AUTHOR HAS DRAWN THE FOLLOWING NAMES

DEBORAH CAWLEY

MARY ARNDT

CONNIE SAUNDERS

They will receive a paperback copy of Holy Fool

Congratulations to the winners.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Birthdays

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service