DRAWING  STARTS JULY 21st

Runs til end of month

ABOUT  BOOK: Jesus made an example of those who “do all their deeds to be noticed by men.” Yet our culture encourages us to do the same thing today.

Experience many of the activities in this book, born of this desire for attention and the often-desperate fear of not being known, appreciated, influential, or remembered. Christianity meets this need in a resounding way. This book contains a lifetime collection of accounts, illustrations, and biblical material that will astound you.

ABOUT AUTHOR: George M. Weaver (born 1950) is an attorney in Atlanta, Georgia. He has written numerous Christian and legal materials. His new book is "The Significant Life: Overcoming Your Fear of Being Unnoticed and Forgotten." This book brings a Christian answer to the near-universal need and struggle of people to be known, appreciated, influential, and remembered. His legal materials include a book called "Handbook on the Prosecution of Obscenity Cases." George is married to LeAnne Weaver and they are parents of two children.

MUST ANSWER ONE QUESTION

TO BE ENTERED INTO DRAWING

1. What do you look for when deciding to read a non-fiction book?

2. What is the most fascinating non-fiction book you've read? What made it fascinating?

3. They say don't judge a book by it's cover. Have you ever done this and was pleasantly surprised when you finished reading the book? What book surprised you?

Congrats to Theresa Dunlap

Your name was drawn for the pound of coffee and your contact information has been given to the author.

THANKS to everyone who participated.

MORE Book Fun Ahead!

If you have any question please feel free to contact me nora@bookfunmagazine.com

Nora St.Laurent

#AD Contest Sponsored by Author/Publisher

Views: 116

Replies to This Discussion

I always look for a non-fiction book that is easy to understand and will help me to grow in some way.

1. The subject matter is probably my main determination and I also like it if I am familiar with the author.

2. What is the most fascinating non-fiction book you've read? What made it fascinating?

My favorite non-fiction books have been those about Christian missionaries. I'm not sure that I can pick out THE most fascinating,, but certainly one of my favorites is: "Another Hand on Mine" by William J. Petersen, about the life of Dr. Carl K. Becker, who served as a missionary doctor in the Belgium Congo for over 35 years. His trust in God, his amazing treatment of leprosy, his narrow escape during the infamous Simba Rebellion of 1964, and other details make this a very fascinating book.

I definitely recommend this book!

I look for something that will be relevant to my life.  

Mostly I read fiction.  For non-fiction I like a topic I'm interested in, such as the Titanic or animals, especially pets such as cats.  I also like trivia books - Uncle John's Bathroom Reader series is great.  Lots of articles and the lengths vary - short and long ones.

I rarely read non-fiction books these days.  I read so many when I was younger.  I prefer biographies.  I want them to be easy to read and not stuffy.  I do judge a book by its cover.  I have yet to be surprised by a book with a bad cover (I keep hoping).

2. Convicted was non-fiction but read like fiction. A corrupt cop and a black man wrongly convicted but wind up being friends and working together.

I read to learn and in Christian material to grow spiritually.

I definitely don't want to judge a book by it's cover. I read favorite authors and genres no matter what the book cover looks like.

When choosing non-fiction, I look for something that is going to enhance my life, be it spiritual or practical (like gardening or homemaking). 

1. I look for a topic that interests me or one that I find fascinating. I don't like anything too intellectual as I find that books with too much minutia can be boring. Thanks for the chance to win some coffee.

Congrats to Theresa Dunlap

Your name was drawn for the pound of coffee and your contact information has been given to the author.

THANKS to everyone who participated.

MORE Book Fun Ahead!

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service