In keeping with the Seattle/Washington State theme, this month's prize is:  

National Parks Cafe Cocoa Mix - Mount Rainier Hot Chocolate
The collectible tin features Mount Rainier and facts about the National Park

RELEASING in NOVEMBER

By Dawn Kinzer

BACK COVER: An attractive special events planner is determined to keep her distance.

A disfigured musician struggles to guard his heart.

By all appearances, both are destined to fail.

Liana Tate, a special events planner grew up in a high-profile family. No matter what she does, Liana feels she never measures up.

Bryan Langley, a talented musician, was close to signing a recording contract when a barn fire left part of his face severely burned. He survived, but his career did not.

When Liana’s father hires Bryan as a caretaker on the family estate outside of Seattle, Liana’s and Bryan’s lives become entangled. He risks public humiliation for Liana’s success, and she encourages him to use his musical gifts, despite his reluctance. Thrown together, will they achieve their elusive dreams? And will the two find the love and acceptance they yearn for, or will their actions only drive each other away?

ABOUT AUTHOR: Dawn Kinzer writes fiction because she believes in the power of story to comfort, challenge, and inspire. 

Her work has been published in the Christian Fiction Online Magazine, Backyard Friends magazine, The One Year Life Verse Devotional, A Joyful Heart: Experiencing the Light of His Love, and featured on the radio ministry, The Heartbeat of the Home. 

Dawn's historical romance series, The Daughters of Riverton, takes place in the early 1900s. The setting and some of the characters were inspired by her rural Wisconsin hometown. Sarah's Smile is the first story in the series, Hope's Design is the second, and Rebecca's Song completes the trilogy.

A mother and grandmother, Dawn lives with her husband in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. Favorite things include dark chocolate, cinnamon, popcorn, strong coffee, good wine, the mountains, family time, and Masterpiece Theatre.

Readers can find her at www.dawnkinzer.com

CONGRATS TO

Kathy Sammons Robinson

YOUR NAME WAS DRAWN

(I've sent your contact information to the author)

THANKS to everyone for participating.

More book Fun Ahead!

Nora ;o)

MUST ANSWER ONE QUESTION

TO BE ENTERED INTO DRAWING

1. Name three important things, big or small, that are on your “must do” list for this year.

2. Would you rather have too much of a good thing and get sick of it or never have quite enough but always want it?

3. In a stressful moment, if you could freeze time and teleport anywhere in the universe to calm down and think for one hour, where would you go? What would you do?

THANKS for helping TBCN The Book Fun Place To Be

Nora :o)

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me nora@bookfunmagazine.com

Nora:o)

Nora St.Laurent

#AD Contest Sponsored by Author/Publisher

Views: 102

Replies to This Discussion

#1  Finish my handmade gifts for Christmas, get Christmas cards out  this year knit some on my dishcloth.

Hi, Sabrina!

Wow! I'm impressed that you make some/all of your Christmas gifts. I used to make some, and I really enjoyed making crafty-typed things, but I haven't time to do much of that for a while. 

You mentioned knitting. Are all of your gifts knitted? Or do you create other types of things as well?

Hi Dawn!

Don't be tooo impressed.... only once did i make all my gifts and that was the year I crocheted 12 scarves for family oh 13 and one or maybe it was 3 friends. I can't remember. But for family only a couple wore theirs. SO it was a bomb as far as gift giving so I decided I wouldn't make anything for them again...lol.  I'm only making 2 gifts this year. I am making  a crocheted lapghan for my mom and one for my step dad. Hopefully this will be something useful for them as they watch TV in the evenings. I only knit a veeery tiny bit. I have only ever knit washcloths  and the start of a blanket, so far. That's just a goal i want to do this year.

I have crocheted teddy bears also for traumatized kids (only a handful of them though). Crochet is what I am most comfortable doing and what I have done the most but myskills are very rudimentary. I am a beginner all the way. But that is ok with me. :) 

I'm sorry you don't have the time to do crafty things. I encourage you to make the time unless you have other creative ways to make things. But you make stories so that's creative! :)

I'd love to see any items you make! Are you on Facebook or Pinterest?

Oh, I used to crochet! I made some larger afghans - and then when I was pregnant with my first child, I crocheted some baby blankets that I handed down to my daughters for their children.

I think it's awesome that you made some bears for kids who needed something to hug for comfort. What a gift!

Older people get chilled more easily than others, so I think your mom and stepdad will appreciate the afghans.

I never got into knitting.

I haven't done crafts since having children - except with them - and now my grandchildren. LOL  I also painted for a while, but now all my creativity goes into writing. And occasionally redecorating my house! 

I'm on Facebook and Pinterest, so you can find me online at both. You won't see any crafts posted though. LOL! But, I do post photos. Aside from pics of my grandkids, I like to take "pretty" photographs. and sometimes I post other people's artsy stuff that I think is interesting.

So sorry it took me so long to see this, Dawn!  I am impressed you made afghans. I like quicker projects. Even these lapghans are getting boring...lol

The bears were a struggle for me because i don't crochet well from patterns and I don't sew but they turned out ok.

That's ok you don't do crafts now. If I was a mom or grandma I wouldn't have the time. :/

I will look for you on Facebook and friend you! :D I like posting quotes or quote pics and try to uplift others or make them smile. I post pics of some of my crocheting progress shots, if I'm working on a project and various book, craft, food, police etc posts to share in case anyone is interested.

Have a fabulous day! :D

Thanks, Sabrina!

I look forward to having you as a FB friend!

Me, too! Sent! :)

3. In a stressful moment, if you could freeze time and teleport anywhere in the universe to calm down and think for one hour, where would you go? What would you do?

I would go to heaven and visit with God and my family near a waterfall or bubbling brook. While there I will ask for advice to help alleviate the stress.

Awesome answers, Shandra!

Visiting with God would definitely alleviate stress - and water can be so calming.

#1. *Finish landscaping the front yard.
*Take a day trip with my husband.
*Go to a few Fall Festivals.

Kathy,

It sounds like you're working at balancing productivity with relaxation. Good going!

Fall is my favorite time of year, so I'm with you on going to a festival!

3. I'd teleport to the shore of the Sea of Galilee and gaze upon its beauty.

RSS

New Member Orientation

We are posting videos here in the this group to help all of our members figure out how to use this site :-)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN

We will be posting videos all the time now, basically going through the entire site. 

Birthdays

Notes

Welcome

Created by Phred St Laurent May 27, 2010 at 11:35pm. Last updated by Phred St Laurent May 31, 2010.

Contact TBCN

If you have a question or suggestion please feel free to contact us here:

Email me:

Fred@bookfunmagazine.com

Christians Read Blog

Book Fun Catalog

© 2019   Created by Phred St Laurent.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service